Marque Berge20

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Floater

i am really dissapointed to see how things go in the game. i dont know if its just my team or what is the reason for it but my team plays many good games , then many bad games , ups and downs all the time. has been the same almost each season i play and i played like 30 or i dont remember how many... i play the same exact teams with about the same lineup during the season and games dont give the same results. i can be in a winning streak and suddenly lose 5 games in a row against weak teams or things like this. my goalies had around 2 goals per game in the 15 first games and then bamm they get scored like if they suddenly cant stop the pucks anymore for many games. it is very dissapointing. i am really thinking about quit the game. results are a non sense to me and we cant know what should we improve or what to think about it since the team is the same and gets so weird results that theres nothing to understand. i was playing another hockey sim game not long ago and i quit also for the same reason. weird results and we dont know why.  really sad to see the game is so inconsistent.

Posted April 14, 2018 - 09:09 AM

Wick Schozen

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: April 2016
Rep - Outstanding

since the schedule of teams that you play doesn't change during the season you can break the season up into four quarters of 15 game splits. In doing that you can see how your team performs in each fifteen game span and compare that with previous results against the same team. I disagree with your statement that the results are nonsense. If in the first quarter you blow out a team it doesn't mean you will do the same the next quarter, it's reasonable to expect that the other team performed really poorly (unless they are just a bad team) and in the next quarter the team opposing team with put up a better performance. The same goes for if you get blown out in one quarter that doesn't mean the same will happen next time, your goalie might have just shat the bed. 

In terms of not being able to figure out how to improve, that shows a lack of awareness of the other teams in the league more than the game having nonsense results. In Howitzer most of the managers are very responsive and will talk about their own team, other teams and the league as a whole with you if you reach out. I've sent you messages numerous times for trades talks and such and you haven't been responsive. If you reached out I would have offered my opinion like I do for everyone else that reaches out but since you didn't and took it to the message boards I'll post it here:

Your starter has the third best save percentage in the league despite your highest rated defenseman being 93 overall which would be a 4-5 spot defenseman on most of the perennial cup contenders in the league. From that I think it is reasonable to assume that your goaltender is being forced to play exceptionally well but it is not unreasonable to expect games where he is blown out based on the defensive core in front of him. You only have one center and one winger that I would classify as good defensive forwards and the rest of your roster has below average defensive abilities in comparison to the top teams in the GHL so that would further worsen the pressure on your goaltenders. Finally there is a steep drop off of 4-6 overall from your starter to your 2nd and 3rd string goalies. So while your starter needs to put up almost league leading numbers to keep your team competitive and win games, when you rest him what hope do your lesser goaltenders have on a defensively weaker team.

Please don't take this post as me putting you down or anything like that. It's just coming to the conclusion that there must be something wrong with the game when there are glaring deficiencies in your lineup that are holding you back from being one of the top teams shows that you aren't looking around the league and at other teams when evaluating your own team. This is a simulation based game where the game engine takes the abilities of your team and then simulates them against another team. So because of that it's a weighted roll of the dice and the better your team is the better your chances but it is still just a random roll.

Reach out in game if you have any questions or anything you want to discuss, 

Wick

Posted May 05, 2018 - 06:27 PM

ET2018

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Reliable

since the schedule of teams that you play doesn't change during the season you can break the season up into four quarters of 15 game splits. In doing that you can see how your team performs in each fifteen game span and compare that with previous results against the same team. I disagree with your statement that the results are nonsense. If in the first quarter you blow out a team it doesn't mean you will do the same the next quarter, it's reasonable to expect that the other team performed really poorly (unless they are just a bad team) and in the next quarter the team opposing team with put up a better performance. The same goes for if you get blown out in one quarter that doesn't mean the same will happen next time, your goalie might have just shat the bed. 

In terms of not being able to figure out how to improve, that shows a lack of awareness of the other teams in the league more than the game having nonsense results. In Howitzer most of the managers are very responsive and will talk about their own team, other teams and the league as a whole with you if you reach out. I've sent you messages numerous times for trades talks and such and you haven't been responsive. If you reached out I would have offered my opinion like I do for everyone else that reaches out but since you didn't and took it to the message boards I'll post it here:

Your starter has the third best save percentage in the league despite your highest rated defenseman being 93 overall which would be a 4-5 spot defenseman on most of the perennial cup contenders in the league. From that I think it is reasonable to assume that your goaltender is being forced to play exceptionally well but it is not unreasonable to expect games where he is blown out based on the defensive core in front of him. You only have one center and one winger that I would classify as good defensive forwards and the rest of your roster has below average defensive abilities in comparison to the top teams in the GHL so that would further worsen the pressure on your goaltenders. Finally there is a steep drop off of 4-6 overall from your starter to your 2nd and 3rd string goalies. So while your starter needs to put up almost league leading numbers to keep your team competitive and win games, when you rest him what hope do your lesser goaltenders have on a defensively weaker team.

Please don't take this post as me putting you down or anything like that. It's just coming to the conclusion that there must be something wrong with the game when there are glaring deficiencies in your lineup that are holding you back from being one of the top teams shows that you aren't looking around the league and at other teams when evaluating your own team. This is a simulation based game where the game engine takes the abilities of your team and then simulates them against another team. So because of that it's a weighted roll of the dice and the better your team is the better your chances but it is still just a random roll.

Reach out in game if you have any questions or anything you want to discuss, 

Wick

I don't think it's the fault of any manager that league overalls are highly inflated compared to what the game designers intended. It appears Howtizer has the same problem Lumber has in terms of GHL teams being basically mostly NHL all-star teams with 94-99 overall players. When teams are that loaded and roll out three or four scoring lines, it's basically a dice roll on which team wins. I think the intent was for GHL leagues to be 80-85 or 85-90 overall mainly. Not sure if that will ever be fixed or corrected due to the bugged player development, but hopefully things even out within the next calendar year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users