cioaonk

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: April 2018
Rep - Floater

Anybody else have the problem where a team does fantastic through the first 35 games and then tanks for no apparent reason?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've made several trades that significantly upgraded all aspects of my team, yet it seems that they're doing even worse. I've never had such weird stuff in all my 600+ seasons. 

I'm the manager of the Prince George Polar Bears, SHL. If someone could take a look and point me in the right direction that'd mean alot. 

I've tried changing offensive tactics between transition rushes and puck possession, as well as flipped defensive strategy from moderate to aggressive forecheck and what not. At this point in the season i've dropped from 4th in the league all the way to 9th and it's pretty frustrating.  

Posted April 05, 2018 - 07:36 AM

canucks357

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: October 2015
Rep - Helpful

That has happened to me very innocently before. I was doing well at the start of the season, running away with it in the SHL. Then, mid-season, couldn't buy a win and only made promotion on the final day of the season. Still not sure what to make of it. Maybe try changing player roles to something better suited for the stats they're getting to get their confidence back up?

Posted April 05, 2018 - 09:37 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

First, I think this is somewhat common.  The game, much like real life, can be streaky.  I have been on both sides of this where my team started 27-3 (back in BHL) through the first half of the season, then hit a cold streak and fell out of promotion.  Last season I was nearly .500 through the first half of the season (I'm in Biscuit, SHL by the way), then ended up hitting a hot streak and finished 4th without really changing much.

It can be frustrating, especially since you said you significantly upgraded your team.  As stated, I finished 4th last season and feel like my team was significantly upgraded as well, only to start 2-4 this season.  And in some of those games I was absolutely smoked!  Something that rarely even happened last season. 

There are a ton of factors that go into it.  Could just be a cold streak.  Could be hot streaks for the teams you are playing.  Maybe the other teams have found their chemistry or perfect tactics.  Have other teams also upgraded?  Literally could be 50 different things.  But again, this type of thing happens in real life too.  My advice would be not to panic and start making drastic changes (like tactics).  Maybe try to figure out if certain players are the problem and make adjustments there.  Try different fair play tactics or team focus.  Or just try to ride the wave of emotion until you get back on track.

*SEASON 16 TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users