ET2018

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Reliable

There seems to be a string of recent "questionable" trades in the Lumber GHL, particulary from one manager. I use "questionable" in quotations because while these trades are primarily exploitative/one sided, they are with human managers mostly...but there was one trade where the guy sent a 3rd round BHL pick for a 90 rated player from a CPU SHL team...WTF?

All is fair in love and war and all, but jeez...This guy now has an army of draft picks, including several first round picks.

Posted March 29, 2018 - 11:33 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 385 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Is the manager in the midst of a rebuild a la the Buffalo Sabres?

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | SHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted March 29, 2018 - 11:48 PM

ET2018

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Is the manager in the midst of a rebuild a la the Buffalo Sabres?

I haven't been paying attention, but some of the trades just feel one sided to me. That's all.

Posted March 30, 2018 - 06:51 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 385 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

If the trades are between two human managers, it may be a case of one person using multiple accounts, which is a no-no.

If you suspect cheating, you can report it by going to the team in question's home page, click Action, then Report Cheating.

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | SHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted March 30, 2018 - 08:20 PM

ET2018

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable

If the trades are between two human managers, it may be a case of one person using multiple accounts, which is a no-no.

If you suspect cheating, you can report it by going to the team in question's home page, click Action, then Report Cheating.

Well, you are in Lumber too, so you may know whcih team I am talking about.

Posted March 30, 2018 - 08:53 PM

Mocha

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2018
Rep - Floater
  • LocationCalgary

I know what trade you are talking about and the team who sent the 90 is a computer team, just so that you are aware. Plus not sure if I remember correctly or not but I think the 90 player in this trade was on waivers. With that said it could have just been the manager getting rid of a worthless BHL pick for him rather than just claiming him directly, given BHL picks even with promotion are basically useless at the GHL level. In your defence though I questioned it at first glance as well.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Posted March 30, 2018 - 09:32 PM

ET2018

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable

I know what trade you are talking about and the team who sent the 90 is a computer team, just so that you are aware. Plus not sure if I remember correctly or not but I think the 90 player in this trade was on waivers. With that said it could have just been the manager getting rid of a worthless BHL pick for him rather than just claiming him directly, given BHL picks even with promotion are basically useless at the GHL level. In your defence though I questioned it at first glance as well.

I'm not sure such a trade should go through even if the player is on waivers, but that's my two cents. My main concerns were with the other trades. I guess it's hard to complain much since the trades involved two humans, but some of them were pretty unfair. It's just questionabe ethics.

Posted March 31, 2018 - 03:37 AM

HurjaHerra

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Reliable

In addition to that you should report it to support@gameplanhockey.com if you suspect foul play.

Posted April 03, 2018 - 07:40 PM

ET2018

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Aannddd the manager was involved in another explotative trade today, where he trade basically a bunch of 2nd and 3rd round picks for the 2nd overall from last season's draft. This is starting to get ridiculous. Hopefully the other GHL managers are reporting him...

Posted April 04, 2018 - 12:04 AM

sonstone

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Helpful
I'm the manager in question. Barrows Red Foxes are my team. The 90ovr. Defender was on waivers, and I was just getting rid of a worthless pick. The questionable trade today sent 3-2nd round picks, 2-third round picks, and an SHL 1st round pick to a computer team for an 18 year old, 84ovr. forward prospect. While some people think that isn't a realistic trade. I feel like I gave up a chance at at least 3 future starters. I would guess that the other questionable trades being mentioned where me sending affiliate players to human managed SHL teams... check my cap space. Every dollar counts.

Posted April 04, 2018 - 05:33 AM

ET2018

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable

I'm the manager in question. Barrows Red Foxes are my team. The 90ovr. Defender was on waivers, and I was just getting rid of a worthless pick. The questionable trade today sent 3-2nd round picks, 2-third round picks, and an SHL 1st round pick to a computer team for an 18 year old, 84ovr. forward prospect. While some people think that isn't a realistic trade. I feel like I gave up a chance at at least 3 future starters. I would guess that the other questionable trades being mentioned where me sending affiliate players to human managed SHL teams... check my cap space. Every dollar counts.

I think the big issue here is that you didn't include a GHL 1st rounder.

Posted April 04, 2018 - 11:04 AM

sonstone

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful
"That's, like, your opinion man." -The Dude-

Posted April 04, 2018 - 11:19 AM

littleb

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: September 2017
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationMinnedosa

I do agree bundling a bunch of picks to get a genuine stud should be tougher, to get a guy like that would likely be a top of the 1st round Gold pick to even come close to getting his quality out of the draft but it isn't cheating.  The AI trades just need a bit more work to get it straightened out.  Until then can't stop someone from trying whether we feel it is a fair trade or not.  

The others don't sound bad at all.... salary dumps happen and as long as the guy on waivers is put there by a legit manager then that explains itself as well.

Posted April 04, 2018 - 01:03 PM

sonstone

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful
Thanks littleb.
For the record... it was an SHL computer team who waived the defender, but he'd been there half of the season.

Posted April 04, 2018 - 01:12 PM

ET2018

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable

I do agree bundling a bunch of picks to get a genuine stud should be tougher, to get a guy like that would likely be a top of the 1st round Gold pick to even come close to getting his quality out of the draft but it isn't cheating.  The AI trades just need a bit more work to get it straightened out.  Until then can't stop someone from trying whether we feel it is a fair trade or not.  

The others don't sound bad at all.... salary dumps happen and as long as the guy on waivers is put there by a legit manager then that explains itself as well.

Didn't this forum make a big fuss about exploiting CPU trades before? It just seems unfair to me to get a prospect like that for basically nothing.

Posted April 04, 2018 - 01:30 PM

sonstone

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful
What you are calling, "basically nothing," is going to turn into 3 of the top 32 prospects in the draft. There is a fighter's chance that the SHL pick ends up being top 4 overall, and the 3rd rounders have a good chance of developing into starters for the Blacks. They've earned 4 points in GHL this season, and are likely to have never been able to sign the prospect they sent me after being relegated to SHL.
You don't have to like my trades. But, I would appreciate if you didn't encourage people to report me for cheating when all I'm doing is using the tools built into the game to improve my team.

Posted April 04, 2018 - 01:36 PM

littleb

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: September 2017
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationMinnedosa

Didn't this forum make a big fuss about exploiting CPU trades before? It just seems unfair to me to get a prospect like that for basically nothing.

You are correct and I don't disagree with your feelings about it being a bit crappy, I am just disagreeing that it is cheating.  Using a weak computer trading system to his advantage... absolutely but this should motivate the devs to somehow make it harder for these type of trades to happen rather than kicking him out for cheating. 

When I think of cheating... the guys who go into a team drop the players then sign into another one to pick them up is what I think of.    

Posted April 04, 2018 - 05:02 PM

ET2018

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable

You are correct and I don't disagree with your feelings about it being a bit crappy, I am just disagreeing that it is cheating.  Using a weak computer trading system to his advantage... absolutely but this should motivate the devs to somehow make it harder for these type of trades to happen rather than kicking him out for cheating. 

When I think of cheating... the guys who go into a team drop the players then sign into another one to pick them up is what I think of.    

I never used the word cheating here, just questionable and exploitative. I don't think Lee Roy is a cheater, but he certainly knows how to play the system....which again, is unfair.

Posted April 04, 2018 - 05:15 PM

sonstone

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful

Aannddd the manager was involved in another explotative trade today, where he trade basically a bunch of 2nd and 3rd round picks for the 2nd overall from last season's draft. This is starting to get ridiculous. Hopefully the other GHL managers are reporting him...

What were you hoping other GHL managers would report me for... a cub scout badge?

Posted April 04, 2018 - 05:20 PM

ET2018

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable

What were you hoping other GHL managers would report me for... a cub scout badge?

:rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users