GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

I've been in the bottom 3 in scoring for each of the past 3-4 seasons and again this one (dead last currently!)!  I'm actually scoring HALF as many goals as I did in early seasons in the GHL when I was facing relegation.  Part of that is probably due to updates, but also the goalies in GHL now are all Hall of Fame level and I don't understand how any of our games have people scoring more than 2-3 goals a game. 

In fact, the obscene goalie levels is exactly why I think so many other settings are less important now.  Each game seems to mostly come down to which goalie is going to have the worse night.  It's starting to take the fun out of the game for me and creates these wild swings and streaks for each team, yet we are all mostly pretty even in talent AND standings.  I'm looking forward to when we get back to only 6-10 90+ovr goalies in the league, but not sure it will ever happen.  Look at Yu on the Vandals.  Isn't he like 23 and already 93ovr or something?!?!  It'll be 4 years in real time before he flushes out of the game, at least!  And there are lots of "Yu" types out there that aren't going away anytime soon.  At least this year's (and last's) draft looks more human. 

Posted April 20, 2018 - 12:20 AM

Erzac

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

And there are lots of "Yu" types out there that aren't going away anytime soon.  At least this year's (and last's) draft looks more human. 

Here are the notable 25yo or younger GHL goalies I could find with a quick glance.

Vojsovic, 20 - 89

Malette, 21 - 95

Cook, 22 - 90

Fricker, 22 - 94

Koivula, 23 - 95

Senko, 24 - 96

Strass, 24 - 95

Yu, 24 - 96

Keehan, 25 - 90

Ormsby, 25 - 94

These guys will be in the game for at least 10+ seasons. And they'll get even better still. Also, there seemed to be no immensely talented 18-19 year old goalies around.

Posted April 20, 2018 - 01:28 AM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

Also, there seemed to be no immensely talented 18-19 year old goalies around.

This makes sense because Anders greatly modified the draft settings about 1-2 seasons back, so no more mutant draftees that are better than current starters.  

Here are the notable 25yo or younger GHL goalies I could find with a quick glance.

Vojsovic, 20 - 89

Malette, 21 - 95

Cook, 22 - 90

Fricker, 22 - 94

Koivula, 23 - 95

Senko, 24 - 96

Strass, 24 - 95

Yu, 24 - 96

Keehan, 25 - 90

Ormsby, 25 - 94

These guys will be in the game for at least 10+ seasons. 

This is why I'm considering moving down a couple leagues or so and hoping the North American style league will come online soon because with so many amazing players around for literally the next 3-4 years, it makes the GHL level less interesting as a hockey simulation when these outliers are part of the formula.  It's starting to feel a lot like the KHL; a handful of teams with All-Stars and everyone else.  Granted, by now we ALL have All-Stars, so maybe it feels more like the Olympics; Canada, US, Russia, Finland or Sweden, and the occasional other team every so often.  Honestly, this isn't a complaint against the good and consistently good teams in our league.  They ARE good managers, but the bad data in the roster data makes for a less than ideal playing environment.  

Posted April 20, 2018 - 08:18 AM

Erzac

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • 6 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

Another annoying result from the bloated overalls is that players are an indistinguishable mass.

As 99 marks the best of the best, currently in Biscuit GHL there are:

24 world fastest skaters,

11 world best passers,

14 world best shooters etc.

And if you'd think ~95 is "elite" in a category, then basically any player on any given team is "elite" in something. Which shouldn't be the case obviously.

Posted April 21, 2018 - 02:35 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

The Mighty Leopards are now 2-8 in one-goal games.  They are starting to piss me off.  Same $h!t different season. 

PK is 2nd, PP is 3rd, GA is 4th, GF is 5th, +12 goal differential = .500 record.

When is that "talk to your players" update happening? ... because I have a lot to say to them. :)

Although I just noticed that I don't have any "Motivators".  Looks like I need to put my GM hat on.

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted April 22, 2018 - 10:57 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

Don't know which other line would carry the scoring if that line won't get going. Not that they're getting it done either, in the past 10 games I've scored more than two goals only once. Which happens to be the only game I've won in that stretch.

Maybe the solution to both our scoring woes is just to have Stray Cats and Elite play each other for EVERY game!  A real barn burner last night!?!  Now it's my defense the past week that looks horrible too!

Posted April 24, 2018 - 07:11 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
SHL is a tight race this season. A lot of teams in the mix as we enter the halfway mark with only an 11 point gap from 7 to 16. Going to be an interesting last half of the season. I need my squad to stay healthy though, holy cow!

Posted April 25, 2018 - 11:43 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
Te team is playing great but getting zapped like bugs to a light...one guy recovers, another ones out. This time it's my primary goalie. Sheesh, what a season!

Posted May 04, 2018 - 10:44 AM

Erzac

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • 6 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

The revitalized Stray Kittens are looking to extend the point streak to 10 games tonight. The top line with Chovanec and Ryzhanov has been on fire, and they show no signs of slowing down.

Posted May 05, 2018 - 04:57 PM

ET2018

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Outstanding

I'm pretty happy with how my team is perfomring right now. I was worried after the first handful of games, but things seem to coming together. Not sure if I'll push hard enough for a promotion challenge, but a top 4 finish wouldn't be so bad. 

Posted May 05, 2018 - 06:43 PM

Frozzen

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: May 2018
Rep - Floater

New manager checking in, new to the league and the game in general. Looking forward to building something out of the dumpster that is the Dauphin Island Tidal Wave. 

Posted May 05, 2018 - 08:36 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 555 posts
  • 19 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Welcome, Frozzen!

Posted May 05, 2018 - 09:31 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States
A quick scan of the world shows that every team has a human manager! First time ever in Biscuit!

Posted May 06, 2018 - 10:32 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 555 posts
  • 19 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

GHL all the way down to LIHL?!  Wow, that is incredible!  I'm sure this was Anders' dream, to have a human manage every team.

Posted May 07, 2018 - 03:31 AM

Naekfor

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

A quick scan of the world shows that every team has a human manager! First time ever in Biscuit!

league expansion time!

all of SHL are promoted to GHL

BHL and IHL goes straight to SHL

LIHL and new teams to BHL and possibly so on

have and have nots worse in short term but talent diffuses over time?

Posted May 23, 2018 - 01:12 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

After starting 0-7 against the Thundering Herd (last season + this season) the Leopards have finally taken down the Herd to improve to 1-7 !!!

http://www.gameplanh...ame?gpid=177902

Good luck in GHL, Bear.  I, for one, am happy I don't have to face you again next season :)

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted May 23, 2018 - 02:52 PM

Pingu

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2016
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium
Happy for bear! He Made it! Quality manager, very correct also.

Posted May 23, 2018 - 03:00 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

After starting 0-7 against the Thundering Herd (last season + this season) the Leopards have finally taken down the Herd to improve to 1-7 !!!

http://www.gameplanh...ame?gpid=177902

Good luck in GHL, Bear.  I, for one, am happy I don't have to face you again next season :)

That makes two of us ;)

Posted May 24, 2018 - 04:07 AM

Erzac

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • 6 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

Near-deadline acquisition adds veteran Richard Fahy to the Cats blue line. Fahy should provide a boost to the already clicking special teams, as well as bring more shutdown ability to the d-core.

Posted May 27, 2018 - 01:46 PM

Balazs

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationHungary

The season ended in the Iron Hockey League,

The standings:  1. Rushsylvania Stealers 141 pts

2. Mount Airy Gladiators 141 pts

3. Torrington Thunderbolts 141 pts

Congratulations for the other two managers, it was a crazy race! I hope next season we will going to compete against each other again in the Bronze League! Guys, it was a fantastic championship, and I think we had the smallest margin! :)

Balazs Szabo

Torrington Thunderbolts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users