Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: August 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBelgium
New season, new challenges. Good luck everyone.

The first 20-25 days are crucial. As long as the confidence isn't perfect any team can win from any team.

Posted March 26, 2018 - 04:35 PM

jusatin

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 345 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: July 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

Steam Profile

The first 20-25 days are crucial. As long as the confidence isn't perfect any team can win from any team.

Saw this really clearly last season as I got a great start. That was a large contributor to me making it into the playoffs eventually. Let's see how this season goes!

Posted April 01, 2018 - 02:24 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
Boy, the Black Flag are off to a rough start this season...need to rebound quick...with a win of any sort!

A13

Posted April 01, 2018 - 02:59 PM

A13

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Helpful

Preseason started well and had high hopes after the teams performance in game 1 we beat the BHL's Medicine Hat Winterhawks 5-4 in regulation and then played a decent game against another BHL team but took the loss 5-2 then to start the regular season we beat the delson savages 6-5 so a good start then we got beat by the worst team in the IHL 7-1 clearly some people forgot what hockey was and it is still there only win then we turned that around and won 5-3 in an all around pretty good game, then we got messed up by the #1 team 7-1, another 6 goal loss. So the start to the season wasn't all I had hoped for after a good preseason, also kind of sensing a pattern we win then lose 7-1 ? That could be brutal if it continues anyone else experiencing the same frustration ?

Posted April 01, 2018 - 03:23 PM

Balazs

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationHungary

You are to harsh. The Stealers are really the #1 this year, and the Latrobe Animals are surely not the worst team in the league. I had lost all of my games in the pre-season, and after that the first game gave me false hopes... :) The Stealers and the Gladiators helped us to see our real strength. :) You don't have a bad team, so keep your chin up and go for the victories! :) Go Warriors!

Manager of Torrington Thunderbolts (Biscuit)

A13

Posted April 01, 2018 - 05:20 PM

A13

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

At the time we lost to latrobe they were the worst in the league and My team is actully one of the better teams
I have in the IHL I was just disapointed by the score of our losses, I expected to lose to the stealers but not by 6 goals and the loss to latrobe was very disapointing after we beat a BHL team in the preseason. After the 1st 4 games I am expecting a good season from the warriors

Posted April 02, 2018 - 12:59 AM

Balazs

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationHungary

We had outshot the Stealers 31:28, the result was 1:3 at home, after that we were even at 35:35 against the Gladiators, and we thrashed by 5:2... :) Frustrating, but luckily the season is long... :)

Posted April 02, 2018 - 10:42 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

It's good to see some IHL chatter in here!  As mentioned by A13 and Balazs, the Stealers are looking good this season.  Sam is a co-worker of mine.  Don't expect him to post much in here, but he's paying attention...

I'll refrain from talking about my own team's performance for now because I'd probably go all John Tortorella on this forum. 

*SEASON 16 TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted April 02, 2018 - 02:11 PM

Pingu

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2016
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium
I need to google him😬

Posted April 02, 2018 - 02:17 PM

littleb

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: September 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationMinnedosa

I seem to be either losing big or winning big this season, could be quite the roller coaster!

I saw your loss today Paul... he beat me pretty handily the game before that with stats being what I felt was in my favour.  Either we just got rotten luck or he has a "opponent keeper is going to be crap" button :P

Posted April 03, 2018 - 10:08 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSri Lanka

I seem to be either losing big or winning big this season, could be quite the roller coaster!

I hear you.  Last season I was pretty even, never winning or losing 3 or more in a row.  This season, six games in, I've already done both!

A13

Posted April 04, 2018 - 11:59 AM

A13

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

It's good to see some IHL chatter in here!  As mentioned by A13 and Balazs, the Stealers are looking good this season.  Sam is a co-worker of mine.  Don't expect him to post much in here, but he's paying attention...

I'll refrain from talking about my own team's performance for now because I'd probably go all John Tortorella on this forum. 

My dangles team is frustrating the heck out of me we have probably one of the most stacked teams in the BHL and I mean STACKED we have 79/80 on my 3rd line and we still can't win and better yet my goalies play really bad then I trade them then they stop 42-43 shots against my team and we lose 2-1 it's been a very frustrating season. But my biscuit team looks really good, I think we are starting to gel (is that how you spell it?) w/ the exception of two tough 7-1 losses wwe have had a good season thus far.

Quick question what screen shot or copier do you use to post the in game content on the forum like in the humor therapy thread I have something I would like to contribute thanks.

Posted April 04, 2018 - 08:33 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
- Hey A13 - how do your players fit into your overall system!? I.e. A Puck Possession style has players that have sufficient enough focus on that rating to be successful within the system.

- You nailed the spelling of Gel ;)

- And I'd also like to know how to get my images to 8.4kb - that's exceptionally small for posting...especially working off of a phone.

Posted April 05, 2018 - 08:43 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Quick question what screen shot or copier do you use to post the in game content on the forum like in the humor therapy thread I have something I would like to contribute thanks.

- And I'd also like to know how to get my images to 8.4kb - that's exceptionally small for posting...especially working off of a phone.

The program I use to capture images is "Snag It" editor.  I don't use my phone for the forum stuff, that is all done on my laptop.  Truthfully I'm not sure why the images appear so small.  I'd prefer they didn't.  But I'm not very tech savvy (like, at all), so have no idea how to adjust it.

Posted April 05, 2018 - 09:10 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

I need to google him

Haha.  Tortorella currently coaches the Blue Jackets, won a Cup with Tampa in 2004, also coached the Rangers & Canucks for a while.  He is mostly known for being fiery and outspoken - to the point where he sometimes criticizes his own players publicly (post game, etc.).  I love him because (1) he's originally from Boston and (2) he's is entertaining... although I'm not sure I'd ever want him coaching the Bruins. ;)

A13

Posted April 05, 2018 - 09:31 AM

A13

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

The program I use to capture images is "Snag It" editor.  I don't use my phone for the forum stuff, that is all done on my laptop.  Truthfully I'm not sure why the images appear so small.  I'd prefer they didn't.  But I'm not very tech savvy (like, at all), so have no idea how to adjust it.

Do you know of any free ones that will work with the forum? I have used lightshot in the past but the forum won't let me use it.

A13

Posted April 05, 2018 - 09:41 AM

A13

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

- Hey A13 - how do your players fit into your overall system!? I.e. A Puck Possession style has players that have sufficient enough focus on that rating to be successful within the system.

- You nailed the spelling of Gel ;)

I play a puck possession system with players that have high passing and puckhandleing skills. Our puck possession is averaged at about 51% per game. How do you know what a players focus is? Is it the role assignments? I base my lineup off of the fact that I have $0 in cap space and all my other players are below 75ovr. But I do have a respectable team, I have 5 81+ovr rated players and the rest are 76-80 they all have good passing and puck skills and most are assigned as role to sniper. Will almost all players being assigned to sniper affect the system I play? And will the line focus affect that also? And is there a way to train my players endurance specifically? I am very annoyed by 1 defensemen he is always tired after 2-3 games. Good to know about gel.

Posted April 05, 2018 - 10:24 AM

jusatin

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 345 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: July 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

Steam Profile

I play a puck possession system with players that have high passing and puckhandleing skills. Our puck possession is averaged at about 51% per game. How do you know what a players focus is? Is it the role assignments? I base my lineup off of the fact that I have $0 in cap space and all my other players are below 75ovr. But I do have a respectable team, I have 5 81+ovr rated players and the rest are 76-80 they all have good passing and puck skills and most are assigned as role to sniper. Will almost all players being assigned to sniper affect the system I play? And will the line focus affect that also? And is there a way to train my players endurance specifically? I am very annoyed by 1 defensemen he is always tired after 2-3 games. Good to know about gel.

You cannot train a specific talent. They will train in endurance as they play (if they haven't capped it out yet). If you don't want him to be tired so fast you can ease his training or have him play less minutes per game.

About the sniper thing, it could be it. I have had a rule of max 1 sniper per line so they don't "clash" with each others.

Posted April 05, 2018 - 10:39 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON
I saw your loss today Paul... he beat me pretty handily the game before that with stats being what I felt was in my favour.  Either we just got rotten luck or he has a "opponent keeper is going to be crap" button :P

Early season results can be a bit crazy at times anyways.  Both of my keepers haven't played great to start the season.  They finished 2nd and 3rd in SHL last year for save percentage so I was fairly confident in them going into this season.  So far Zhutov is .875 save % and 68 performance.  Naud is .855 with 62.  Neither are even in the top 20 this season... yet.  It's been surprising since they were both playing like Hasek toward the end of last season and I thought my defense got better. 

Good to see Sprogis playing well for you so far.  Actually both of your goalies are doing well.

Posted April 05, 2018 - 10:40 AM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
I agree, I try not to exceed one sniper per line but have seen some teams be successful with two on the wings and a playmaker or powerforward on center. For puck possession, I'd definitely try to focus on playimaking, powerforwards, and two-way forwards. Line focus may alter production a bit but not a ton. That is a strategic section dedicated towards your teams playing style. I tend to drift towards more two-way, balanced lines with an occasional scoring line or energy line thrown in. As Jusatin said - may want to take at your player roles as they effect line chemistry and production. I think even some players play better with a different combinationnof player types - lot of time to figure that out though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users