Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Outstanding

Is it just me or do managers rarely talk or engage with others in this game world? Seems like everyone ignores trade offers. It's probably easier to trade with a computer here.... ;)

Posted March 25, 2018 - 03:03 PM

granpubah

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2017
Rep - Reliable

I can't speak for players in world lumber but its not that unual that managers not talk back.  What I do when I really want a quick response is to write a note to the trade partner.  Most will be responsive and that's the best way I've found to interact with other managers. 

Posted March 25, 2018 - 03:06 PM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

I've approached several human managers with trade offers in the past few days, and none of them are responsive.

Posted March 25, 2018 - 08:24 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 482 posts
  • 16 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Have you tried private messaging other managers?  Personally, I respond to every PM I get.  Not everyone will respond, but you can form some good relationships with the managers that do respond.

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | GHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted March 25, 2018 - 09:43 PM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Have you tried private messaging other managers?  Personally, I respond to every PM I get.  Not everyone will respond, but you can form some good relationships with the managers that do respond.

I had a good relationship with an SHL manager last season, but he left. I tried messaging several managers for trades, but again, no response.  People sticking to their guns I guess.

Posted March 26, 2018 - 05:22 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 482 posts
  • 16 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

That's not uncommon.  I usually reject a trade if I don't like it without sending the proposing manager a PM.  If we're close on the trade, I'll adjust the players involved and resubmit, but again, without sending a PM.  I know, shame on me. :P

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | GHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted March 26, 2018 - 06:18 PM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

That's not uncommon.  I usually reject a trade if I don't like it without sending the proposing manager a PM.  If we're close on the trade, I'll adjust the players involved and resubmit, but again, without sending a PM.  I know, shame on me. :P

Yeah, people need to enage others more. Ignoring trade offers/PMs is bad form. I don't mind rejecting a trade without a message back as I assume if the manager is really interested, he'll send me a message. But at least respond to PMs.

Posted March 26, 2018 - 09:15 PM

Mickg34

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Floater
It is extremely annoying. It takes very little effort to simply reject a trade offer. Seems by this thread that it happens in most game worlds. I have found that sending messages does seem to work a little better.

Posted March 27, 2018 - 09:29 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Sorry man.  Manager interaction can make the game so much better.  For what it's worth, and at the risk of sounding like a used car salesman, there is a BHL spot currently open in Biscuit.  I can't speak for other worlds so not trying to take anything away from them, but there is a TON of manager interaction here.  The available team has a solid core of players and should be somewhat competitive, just needs some work to fill out the roster.  Currently Day 5 so you have a couple of days before the games begin.  Plus for every manager who joins Biscuit, I get a $500 recruitment bonus.  Just kidding.

Either way, good luck and hope others start returning your messages

*SEASON 16 TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted March 27, 2018 - 09:49 AM

littleb

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: September 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationMinnedosa

I honestly think there needs to be a message option to send with the transfer.  Put it right in the trade so the person knows exactly what the other person is thinking.  I use it... but feel the message system is not simple enough to get to someone for the casual player... or a guy who plays part time on a device.  Put it in the transfer... you will get more interaction.

Posted March 27, 2018 - 10:31 AM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Sorry man.  Manager interaction can make the game so much better.  For what it's worth, and at the risk of sounding like a used car salesman, there is a BHL spot currently open in Biscuit.  I can't speak for other worlds so not trying to take anything away from them, but there is a TON of manager interaction here.  The available team has a solid core of players and should be somewhat competitive, just needs some work to fill out the roster.  Currently Day 5 so you have a couple of days before the games begin.  Plus for every manager who joins Biscuit, I get a $500 recruitment bonus.  Just kidding.

Either way, good luck and hope others start returning your messages

Thanks for the heads up! I'm actually going to take over an LIHL team. Something less stressful for now. :)

Posted March 27, 2018 - 01:07 PM

Baden

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Reliable

I answer all PM's... i have missed a trade or 2 but answer every pm... I have a relation ship with a few managers They have very helpfull for guidance :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users