Out of the Park Developments, an official licensee of MLB.com, the MLBPA, and MiLB, announced a partnership with Electronic Arts. The partnership includes the sale of and subscription access to the award-winning baseball strategy game Out of the Park Baseball 19 for all Origin users.
[This press release is made available courtesy of OOTP Developments with slight modifications.]
“We are delighted and honored to partner with Electronic Arts to distribute our baseball game directly to EA’s biggest fans,” said OOTP Developments CEO and lead developer Markus Heinsohn. “EA’s long history of sports excellence makes Origin a tremendous platform. A whole new audience will now experience the delights and agonies of running a baseball franchise across the majors and minors, from today or throughout the entire history of the sport.”
OOTP 19 unveils a new 3D in-game engine that, for the first time, has players pitching, hitting, fielding, and running the bases in Out of the Park Baseball.
Out of the Park Baseball 19 includes:
- New 3D stadiums and player models with improved on-field movements, including running, sliding, jumping, and throwing.
- New in-game screen design for an optimized virtual dugout.
- 2018 roster sets with all Opening Day MLB rosters, as well as the complete minor league system from Triple-A to rookie leagues as well as the Arizona Fall League. All major league (and over a thousand minor league) player ratings will be based on the popular ZiPS player projection system. The 8 international leagues, as well as independent minor leagues in the US, also return this year with accurate rosters.
- Rewritten scouting reports that give a more detailed and realistic look at players.
- New tournament modes! Create a standalone tournament bracket and draw any teams in history into it. The possibilities are endless!
- Ultra-realistic AI roster management and in-game decisions.
- A reworked ratings module.
- User voting for end-of-season awards
- Many more improvements, including:
- Redesigned interface, with the ability to choose between 6 different fonts
- 800 custom team logos for fictional leagues
- Improved Manager Home screen, with a more customizable layout and new widget options
- A new stat — RA9-WAR (WAR based on runs allowed) — for pitchers
- Delayed substitutions for injured players
The post OOTP 19 partners with EA and will include brand new 3D engine appeared first on GM Games - Sports General Manager Video Games.
View the full article