ET2018

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Outstanding

My original point is that you have no business signing players that don't belong in your league, especially if a lower league team is trying to get them too. The player I mentioned in my original post has been the subject of several trade offers by the team that raided him, trying to dump his salary or something. Funny how things work out.

Posted April 21, 2018 - 10:07 PM

Walter A. Donaldson

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: April 2017
Rep - Helpful

Is there an issue with showing loyalty to players who helped you succeed? If someone wants a player they can make a trade for them, I'll look over the offer and possibly make a deal. I know they aren't real people its just how I think act with Loyalty. I'll only sign players who are worthy for the team, but if there is a fellow who put a lot into helping me get where I am, I'll let them finish their career in my team's system. I am like that in all my manager games, and in real life, I stick by my pals.

Posted April 21, 2018 - 10:32 PM

ET2018

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Outstanding

Is there an issue with showing loyalty to players who helped you succeed? If someone wants a player they can make a trade for them, I'll look over the offer and possibly make a deal. I know they aren't real people its just how I think act with Loyalty. I'll only sign players who are worthy for the team, but if there is a fellow who put a lot into helping me get where I am, I'll let them finish their career in my team's system. I am like that in all my manager games, and in real life, I stick by my pals.

Different strokes for different folks but it's often best to reset most of your team once you promote.

Posted April 23, 2018 - 12:25 AM

Mattti0

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationFinland

If your "loayalty" fits (hopefully) upcoming roster limit, then no

Posted April 24, 2018 - 01:09 PM

Walter A. Donaldson

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: April 2017
Rep - Helpful

I'm not bothered by a roster limit, I manage within the rules, I just figure if a guy who was a great player, who's on the decline, to the point of like 39 years old, and 73 overall, no one is gonna trade for him, and he isn't going to be on the SHL roster except when injury occurs, why not let him finish his career with some dignity. By playing on a minor league club, and putting up some stats instead of wasting away as a scratch. For those against more than one farm team, than have a look at the Montreal farm system in the 60's, they had 3 AHL teams affiliated to them, 1 WHL (Western Hockey League) Affiliate, 1 CPHL (Central Professional Hockey League). Plus Numerous Junior affiliates, I think 2 affiliates is a good number, and I think the roster limits should stick to how many players we can keep with our team. I think we should keep the 2 affiliates, just limit the amount of roster space they get.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users