Wingedbeaver

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: July 2016
Rep - Helpful

Why am I getting so many trade offers that put me over the salary cap? When I have accidentally offered a trade that put the team I am trying to trade with over the cap, the computer wouldn't let me send the trade. Yet, the last 5 trade offers I have received have all put me over the cap, so I can't accept them. What are these players doing that I am unable to? And also, if you are offering a trade, please pay attention to this. If there is a huge red banner at the bottom of the trade window right above the send trade button, DON'T SEND THE TRADE! I honestly don't understand all the people who get mad at receiving what they consider lopsided trade offers because it is a waste of their time, but this type of trade is a waste of time and is annoying to get because I couldn't accept it if I wanted to.

And, while I'm here, about those people who get so upset at other managers for "wasting their time" with "bad" trade offers... Get over yourself. I'm tired of reading on this forum how mad people are at the idiots who waste their time with horrible trade offers. If you have time to play this game, your time isn't all that precious. Just because you think a trade is bad does not mean the player who sent it is trying to rip you off. We all value different players differently. It makes for a much more pleasant game if we all just work with the assumption that everyone is trying to make a fair deal. And if you don't like the deal, hit the reject button! If you have the time to play this game and take it seriously, you have plenty of time to look at the trade and hit reject. You won't miss that 30 seconds. And by the way, taking the time to write a personal reply insulting the offer is a bigger waste of time then just hitting reject.

Also, all of you managers who are only looking for prospects and draft picks... we are all trying to manage a salary cap. There is a good chance that I may have to offer you some of my crap players to offset the fact that I am giving you a free draft pick or prospect. I can't take on your multi-million dollar player without shedding some salary! If you find that concept insulting, then maybe you should take a look at my salary situation before you start sending offers.

Let's just have fun with this game and stop with all the anger and insults.

Posted January 22, 2018 - 03:34 AM

Mattti0

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationFinland

1. you are able to offer trades where cap limits are exceeded. Those just can't be accepted. (can't verify this, my transfer page is showin error <_<) 2. How I think it, at least with human managers it's kind of start for trade talk "Hey, there's player who I want and this is something what I'm ready to offer" then you can start to do counter offers or send messages and maybe you find possible solution which fits to both salary cap.

Edit:

banner at the bottom is:

"Salary cap warning This trade would put at least one team over the salary cap. You can still submit the offer but the trade can not be accepted until enough space is freed under the cap."

Posted January 23, 2018 - 02:35 AM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSri Lanka

1. I don't have an issue with this, sending or receiving.  If I send one, it is to show what I am willing to give up and sometimes I am open to see what the other manager might offer in return or at least start the conversation.  Sometimes I am willing to accept some bad salary in return, but only if I have to.  If the other manager is willing to give me something I perceive to be a better counter, then all the better.  

As for receiving one, it isn't that big of a deal.  If you truly want that trade to happen, you just have to find a way to make salary space either by 1) trading away salary, 2) demoting salary, and/or 3) cutting players.  I have done all 3 at various times to make trades work around the cap.  It's part of being a manager.

Totally agree with the rest.  Sometimes, I feel some managers don't know what is even best for them and think they should always be getting back a 90+ovr 20-year old for a 3rd liner and a lower league draft pick.  

Posted January 23, 2018 - 04:00 PM

TheWeekKnights

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: June 2016
Rep - Reliable

I know this isn't what this thread is actually about, but what about a feature where you could retain a percentage of a player's salary as part of a trade?  I know the EA Sports NHL series GM mode allows you to do that, and the NHL does it to.  It would help with fitting a trade under the cap, especially if it's only a few dollars and you don't want to have to do the math or take on/lose another player to make it work.  

Posted February 07, 2018 - 02:53 PM

bhandsome08

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2017
Rep - Helpful
I receive a lot of bad trades by human managers too. I just shoot them a message for counter offers and what would work for both teams.

I've done basically all kinds of trades on this game and it's interesting.
1v1 player swaps, 3 for 1, taken and given bad salary to make rooms, etc...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users