granpubah

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2017
Rep - Reliable

I guess I get it if someone doesn't want a deal and ignores it.  (rude, but I get it)   To get around this is it possible to put a 4 to 7 day limit to the time a trade would be viable and have that somehow impact the player trade reputation.    there have been numerous suggestions about how to improve the trading functionality of the game I feel that if someone take time to offer a deal it should be responded to but failing that why not have a function to auto-kill a deal if a player doesn't find it worth there while to refuse it.

Posted January 19, 2018 - 05:17 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • 12 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Why not just take it back urself? That GM's lost a bit of rep anyways ri....u definitely won't be contacting him/her in the near future for a trade :)

Posted January 19, 2018 - 08:37 PM

Paul T

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

I'm with you - I always like to respond to trade requests within a day and usually send a message along with my response.

However...

I can see how some people would get annoyed at continuous requests and not feel the need to respond, especially if they feel like other managers are trying to rip them off.  Or... take into consideration that maybe some managers don't check in every single day.  I know a few seasons ago I only checked in once every 2-3 days and didn't pay much attention to my messages.  It could just be an oversight.  People get busy with real life, etc.

Nowadays I always send other managers a message first with a potential trade offer.  This way you can get a good idea where they stand prior to submitting a trade request.  It leaves more room for negotiation if the initial trade isn't quite what they need - or you would find out if they flat out don't want to trade, which saves repeated trade attempts or counter-offers.

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted January 19, 2018 - 08:56 PM

granpubah

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2017
Rep - Reliable

Paul the point about real life is telling.   That is exactly the reason to cap the time a trade.  It gives someone a chance to look and if they don't like they don't have to deal with it and more importantly to me I don't have to remember I sent it!

Posted January 20, 2018 - 01:08 AM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • 12 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Are you really that interested in making the trade if you don't remember (to check) your sent offers? :D

Maybe I'm just playing the devil's advocate here, but I don't quite see the need?

Posted January 20, 2018 - 01:37 PM

Paul T

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Paul the point about real life is telling.   That is exactly the reason to cap the time a trade.  It gives someone a chance to look and if they don't like they don't have to deal with it and more importantly to me I don't have to remember I sent it!

I agree with your logic.  A 3-4 day window to accept a trade would be nice.  Although if I offer a trade, I usually check the following day and if the other manager hasn't responded, I cancel it myself.

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users