• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationCanada

Steam Profile

Holiday after lag.  Thought I'd see if things improved.  Took out a new LIHL team in Lumber.  Worked the roster and then proposed six CPU trades, all in favor of the CPU team, IE, yellow on my side and green on theirs.

All trades were rejected.

I'll try again next year.  Have a happy 2018 everyone.

Anders it's sad that you've done this to your game which had so much promise. 

Posted January 06, 2018 - 09:23 AM

HurjaHerra

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Reliable

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

But, yeah, have  a happy new year!

Posted January 06, 2018 - 10:59 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

For what it's worth...

(1) I think it's still easy to trade with COM teams, but you gotta be willing to give up something of value to get exactly what you're looking for.  I don't think you can "stack" your team this way, but you can definitely improve an area of need if you have depth, and are willing to give up a few assets, elsewhere.

(2) I love the improved trading logic because it prevents teams from "stacking up" without losing anything of value.

(3) Does anyone else see yellow?  It's orange on my screen.

Posted January 06, 2018 - 11:03 AM

fangwall

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationCanada

Steam Profile

Yellow, Orange.  That's the point.  Sorry.  I put in six trade offers that were overwhelmingly in the CPU team's favor and all were rejected almost immediately.   Mix in that many star players are protected now by CPU teams which means that you can't really trade with the CPU.

Thus the loss of my support and I'm sure others because as you can see from the first reply, it's really not much fun communicating or playing with some of the human owners.    The future of this game will not be in human play in my opinion. 

Posted January 06, 2018 - 11:19 AM

RolandLarocque

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: April 2016
Rep - Floater

personally i have only ever had a few interactions with human players since most are "on holidays" and fortunately i have had great success making trades with CPU. (Even had my account blocked due to "cheating") Havent seen a worthwhile trade go through in a while.. but isnt that the nature of sports? Dont see too many big swaps in pro sports anymore either.

Posted January 06, 2018 - 11:41 AM

Erzac

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

-- The future of this game will not be in human play in my opinion. 

Personally the only reason to play online manager games comes from human interaction and competition between human managers. It's exciting to see how different managers build their teams and how it works out. Working out trades between two teams, to try to find a good deal for both is one of the most interesting things to do in-game.

Also, there are already great single-player hockey manager games out there to play.

Posted January 06, 2018 - 11:46 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

I put in six trade offers that were overwhelmingly in the CPU team's favor and all were rejected almost immediately.   Mix in that many star players are protected now by CPU teams which means that you can't really trade with the CPU.

From experience, and conversations with other owners, you need to swing them bar in the computer's favor, then add another Good or Excellent piece.  And I'm talking the bar that is 3/4 good, not 1/2 good.

I suppose I can see your if a world is mostly COM managers.  But in worlds where there are mostly human managers, you don't want other people ripping off the computer all the time. 

Posted January 06, 2018 - 02:13 PM

Antsa

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: December 2017
Rep - Floater
  • LocationFinland

I started in Clappers somewhere around round 44 and I just counted there's now 16 players in my team who I've acquired from human teams during the last 17 days of transfer window. Most of those trades were 1-to-1 trades with a clear pattern like a 1-way player to a 2-way player or a quality player for a quality prospect. Some were 2-to-2 trades where the second players were only to balance the trade a little bit. 

I was able to make some great partnerships with a few managers who understood what I was looking for and what I was ready to give away. They also told me what they wanted and which players they didn't need so it was quite easy negotiate. Now my team is a lot stronger next season than it would have been without those transfers and so are those teams I traded with.

What I've seen some managers trying to do is spam trade offers without any communication. They try to steal a draft pick or a quality player/prospect for a stack of older players who are never going to have a significant role in my team. Those kind of trade offers are very rarely leading to anything.

What comes to computer trading I don't really understand why to play an online game if you only want to rob computer teams.

Posted January 06, 2018 - 02:37 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Yellow, Orange.  That's the point.  Sorry.  I put in six trade offers that were overwhelmingly in the CPU team's favor and all were rejected almost immediately.   Mix in that many star players are protected now by CPU teams which means that you can't really trade with the CPU.

Thus the loss of my support and I'm sure others because as you can see from the first reply, it's really not much fun communicating or playing with some of the human owners.    The future of this game will not be in human play in my opinion.

I completely disagree with this - in fact I have great trade relationships within each league and enjoy the communications with all managers. I think it has made it better as more human managers are now talking way more!

Posted January 06, 2018 - 08:07 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

What comes to computer trading I don't really understand why to play an online game if you only want to rob computer teams.

Totally agree that it's unfortunate when this happens, however not all trades with computer controlled teams are robbing them.  I'd say taking draft picks is stealing.  Giving draft picks for a player should, in most cases, be OK.  Where I think it helps both teams is if you trade with a team from a lower league who has a really good player that might be frustrated and/or you know they have no chance of re-signing that player.  Then you could offer picks and other good players who could help them in their respective league.  I love that you can't steal prospects any more.

Posted January 07, 2018 - 04:22 PM

Wick Schozen

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: April 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Plain and simply, if you aren't happy with how the trading system is now then you were one of the people that was taking advantage of the trading system before. Like I've said elsewhere, if the new trading system forces you to leave the game then that's good for the rest of us. Through natural selection we'll establish a base of managers who love the direction this game is heading.

Posted January 07, 2018 - 07:46 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 387 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Here here, ncik!

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | SHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted January 09, 2018 - 05:19 PM

ColoKrabatt

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2017
Rep - Reliable
Okey, for starters. It don't mean that the trade is "in favor of CPU team" when orange is on your side!

For example, If You're trying to get winger from team which have just six of them, for Dman which they have I don't know like ten or more.... This is really not reasonable trade offer and CPUs aren't dumb anymore!  ;)

You must think harder, You can't compare just skater with skater! You must have in mind what that team is needing.

HOWITZER |SHL| OGDENSBURG BEASTS      ALL STAR  

DANGLES |SHL| KINGSTON KINGS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users