Sign in to follow this  
EXXEO

S13 General Chat

Well, we did last season... in GHL history this is our worst result... two times in a row ending in PO round 1 (Playoff 2). Last time before that it was S2, which was our first in GHL.

The Protons are the New England Patriots of this game (for those that follow the NFL, American football).  Always at the top and expected to play in the championship.  Anything less is shocking.

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

I wouldn't say shocking... I think so many cup finals in a row were more shocking. GHL is getting more even every day and usually up to 14 teams can easily go for the cup (maybe 16, but the last two teams are usually for some reason point-wise far away) - yes, they have to make to the PO first, but look at Marauders... two times champion and now 12th without any significant changes to their team. And it's not that surprising - they were only 6 points form the PO and even in the 2 cup seasons, they were in the regular season group that does fight for the PO until the end of the season. With 6 extra points they would be one the cup favorites again.

I wouldn't say shocking... I think so many cup finals in a row were more shocking. GHL is getting more even every day and usually up to 14 teams can easily go for the cup (maybe 16, but the last two teams are usually for some reason point-wise far away) - yes, they have to make to the PO first, but look at Marauders... two times champion and now 12th without any significant changes to their team. And it's not that surprising - they were only 6 points form the PO and even in the 2 cup seasons, they were in the regular season group that does fight for the PO until the end of the season. With 6 extra points they would be one the cup favorites again.

Exactly - that is the realistic comparison.  It is not reasonable to expect a team to go to the championship every season.  Yet when they don't people are always shocked or make mention of it, at the very least.

Coach Thor Viklander's speech after the Black Flag secured their stay in the SHL after a 5-0 game 2 win:

"Congratulations, you guys did it - you can all stay on the team! Except Seeger, Juarez, and Neskarov; you guys didn't have a choice. Alright now let's get ready for tomorrow's big game three finale where none of you will be playing! Great job everyone!"

WHISPERS TO ASSISTANT: "Ok, so I left you that beard and fake belly suit so you can play me tomorrow - I'm heading to Hawaii for some vacation, see you in a couple weeks..."

The Protons are the New England Patriots of this game (for those that follow the NFL, American football).  Always at the top and expected to play in the championship.  Anything less is shocking.

I think at this point, Pegasus are the new Patriots.  If they win this series, that'll be 3 in a row!  

I think at this point, Pegasus are the new Patriots.  If they win this series, that'll be 3 in a row!

3 in a row? Last 2 were won by Marauders. It's the 2nd final in a row for Pegasus.

Pegasus vs. Vandals for the Golden Cup.  This is a tough one to predict.

3 in a row? Last 2 were won by Marauders. It's the 2nd final in a row for Pegasus.

Ah, you are correct!  I think I was thinking it feels like it should be 3 in a row for them since they have been so good for that long.  I'm always jealous of that kind of consistency.  

Also...

Congrats to the Hawkeye Indians and Cuba City Tomahawks for promoting from SHL to GHL.  We had some competitive games this season.  I look forward to catching up to you guys at some point and kicking your a... , butts! :D

Congrats to the Mt. Erie Eagles and Fair Play Angels for promoting from BHL to SHL.  I look forward to continuing our close games with the Eagles from season 12 - and hoping to get revenge on the Angels for the beatdown they put on me in the SHL/BHL promotion playoffs in season 11 (I don't forget these things).

Oh don't worry he will get there.... .probably in 1st when I get 2nd.... tied for points by my losing the last game of the season....

:)

Eventually.  Maybe.

Love the scenario, though! 

Don't forget, despite finishing 2nd your run in BHL was probably a bit more impressive than mine considering it was my 4th season in BHL and you blew through it in 1.