Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: September 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationMinnedosa

You should be fine Exxeo.  Would take some bad breaks for you to be going down.  You better not anyway we need you up here :)

Posted March 12, 2018 - 05:04 PM

HurjaHerra

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Reliable

After 7 missed seasons we are finally back at the poffs! It's just a shame we are facing Grizzlies and we are 0-1-0-3 against them this seasons ... Not getting my hopes up yet :D

Posted March 13, 2018 - 03:07 AM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSri Lanka

Let's trade, you take Vandals and I'll take Grizzlies tonight!?!  haha.

Congrats on making it in!  For once, our last game of the season didn't matter!  

Posted March 14, 2018 - 01:15 PM

littleb

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationMinnedosa

Well done Paul!  Good luck in the next round.

I wonder how much those two day 66 signings had to do with the 1-0 and 2-1 win you scrapped by us with in those 2 games  ;)

Posted March 14, 2018 - 01:27 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Well done Paul!  Good luck in the next round.

I wonder how much those two day 66 signings had to do with the 1-0 and 2-1 win you scrapped by us with in those 2 games  ;)

Thanks.  I'm sure they played a part.  Also tough break for you today with your goalie getting injured 1/2 way through the first period.  Think the game might have turned a bit differently if he did not.  Close games as always.  Now excuse me while I go get smoked by a GHL team :-)

*SEASON 16 TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted March 14, 2018 - 01:34 PM

littleb

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationMinnedosa

Thanks.  I'm sure they played a part.  Also tough break for you today with your goalie getting injured 1/2 way through the first period.  Think the game might have turned a bit differently if he did not.  Close games as always.  Now excuse me while I go get smoked by a GHL team :-)

He was my 2nd stringer but he was arguably the better keeper this season.  Figured he deserved the shot in a meaningful game. 

Time to get the kids out for the final game and crank down the tenacity of my players :)

A13

Posted March 14, 2018 - 01:38 PM

A13

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Helpful

I am new to the game and wondering if there is a trade deadline ? And how many teams make the playoffs of the 16 ?

Posted March 14, 2018 - 01:44 PM

littleb

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationMinnedosa

I am new to the game and wondering if there is a trade deadline ? And how many teams make the playoffs of the 16 ?

Welcome to the game!

Trade deadline is just after the end of the season... day 67 I believe and reopens just before the new season starts day 77.  All depends what league you are in for playoffs.  Gold there is 8 teams in the playoffs for pride.  Most other leagues have 4 teams in playoffs position 3 through 6 and two winners from initial rounds there play the division higher for promotion.

Posted March 15, 2018 - 03:56 PM

HurjaHerra

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Reliable

After 7 missed seasons we are finally back at the poffs! It's just a shame we are facing Grizzlies and we are 0-1-0-3 against them this seasons ... Not getting my hopes up yet :D

and we got past the first round! Not sure did we deserve it, but I'll take it :D Next is the 1st seeded Pegasus and we are 2-0-0-2 in this seasons against them :huh:

Just curious, when's the last time Protons dropped at this stage of poffs? And pretty exiting last game between Protons and Minutemen :D

Posted March 16, 2018 - 12:29 AM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
Alright, let's go out there team and not get relegated!!!

Posted March 16, 2018 - 09:52 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

Well, we did last season... in GHL history this is our worst result... two times in a row ending in PO round 1 (Playoff 2). Last time before that it was S2, which was our first in GHL.

Posted March 16, 2018 - 09:56 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

The Protons are the New England Patriots of this game (for those that follow the NFL, American football).  Always at the top and expected to play in the championship.  Anything less is shocking.

Posted March 16, 2018 - 11:15 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

I wouldn't say shocking... I think so many cup finals in a row were more shocking. GHL is getting more even every day and usually up to 14 teams can easily go for the cup (maybe 16, but the last two teams are usually for some reason point-wise far away) - yes, they have to make to the PO first, but look at Marauders... two times champion and now 12th without any significant changes to their team. And it's not that surprising - they were only 6 points form the PO and even in the 2 cup seasons, they were in the regular season group that does fight for the PO until the end of the season. With 6 extra points they would be one the cup favorites again.

Posted March 16, 2018 - 11:33 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

I wouldn't say shocking... I think so many cup finals in a row were more shocking. GHL is getting more even every day and usually up to 14 teams can easily go for the cup (maybe 16, but the last two teams are usually for some reason point-wise far away) - yes, they have to make to the PO first, but look at Marauders... two times champion and now 12th without any significant changes to their team. And it's not that surprising - they were only 6 points form the PO and even in the 2 cup seasons, they were in the regular season group that does fight for the PO until the end of the season. With 6 extra points they would be one the cup favorites again.

Exactly - that is the realistic comparison.  It is not reasonable to expect a team to go to the championship every season.  Yet when they don't people are always shocked or make mention of it, at the very least.

Posted March 17, 2018 - 10:00 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
Coach Thor Viklander's speech after the Black Flag secured their stay in the SHL after a 5-0 game 2 win:

"Congratulations, you guys did it - you can all stay on the team! Except Seeger, Juarez, and Neskarov; you guys didn't have a choice. Alright now let's get ready for tomorrow's big game three finale where none of you will be playing! Great job everyone!"

WHISPERS TO ASSISTANT: "Ok, so I left you that beard and fake belly suit so you can play me tomorrow - I'm heading to Hawaii for some vacation, see you in a couple weeks..."

Posted March 19, 2018 - 12:33 AM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSri Lanka

The Protons are the New England Patriots of this game (for those that follow the NFL, American football).  Always at the top and expected to play in the championship.  Anything less is shocking.

I think at this point, Pegasus are the new Patriots.  If they win this series, that'll be 3 in a row!  

Posted March 19, 2018 - 01:48 AM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: August 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBelgium

I think at this point, Pegasus are the new Patriots.  If they win this series, that'll be 3 in a row!

3 in a row? Last 2 were won by Marauders. It's the 2nd final in a row for Pegasus.

Posted March 19, 2018 - 09:53 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Pegasus vs. Vandals for the Golden Cup.  This is a tough one to predict.

Posted March 19, 2018 - 10:58 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSri Lanka

3 in a row? Last 2 were won by Marauders. It's the 2nd final in a row for Pegasus.

Ah, you are correct!  I think I was thinking it feels like it should be 3 in a row for them since they have been so good for that long.  I'm always jealous of that kind of consistency.  

Posted March 19, 2018 - 11:50 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
Uh-oh...didn't see that the Vandals decided to place another team in Clapper....very nice.

Good luck to everyone, so far Kim is up 1-0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users