Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

With my #34 pick, it selected the player I had ranked #92!!  I spent a lot of time ranking my prospects and double checked my ranking.  How did that happen??

Just wondering if that happened to anyone else?  I suppose I will be trading my picks away from now on.  So disappointed.

Posted January 04, 2018 - 06:03 AM

Mattti0

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationFinland

How is your draft settings set? Is it "Use always shortlist over ranking"?

Posted January 04, 2018 - 06:13 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Yes.

Posted January 04, 2018 - 06:22 AM

Euph

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: October 2015
Rep - Floater

Make printscreen and post it here. Shortlist is still available.

Posted January 04, 2018 - 06:38 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

There's really no sense now.  The draft has already happened and nothing would be reversed (nor should it). 

I was more just wondering two things:

1) Has this ever happened to anyone else?

2) How could the shortlist have got messed up?

I did make a trade late last night that involved my 3rd round draft pick.  Is it possible something glitched and it was re-ordered?  I'm not mad or anything, just kinda bummed out because I spent considerable time ranking players and entering it.  Draft preference is shortlist always.  I shortlisted my players IN ORDER, then double checked the ranking.  For this to happen i would have accidentally had to hit the Up arrow... 90 times.

It is what it is at this point.

Posted January 04, 2018 - 08:31 AM

Euph

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: October 2015
Rep - Floater

Do the screen...... thats the best way to find the error.....

Posted January 04, 2018 - 08:43 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

The screenshot would only show that I had that player ranked #3 overall and won't prove anything.  How he got to #3 on my shortlist is a complete mystery.  Like I said, I shortlisted the players in order of how I had them ranked.  Then I double checked my rankings.  Twice, actually.  I know for a fact that this player was not #3 on my shortlist at this time yesterday. 

Now I get that accidents happen and players could have been shifted around...even though I'm pretty meticulous about things like that... afterall, I've created financial statements for my company for the past 6 years without a single mistake (pats self on back)... but the only way my #92 ranked player would have ended up #3 on my list is if I accidentally hit the up arrow 90 times... by mistake. 

I honestly think it has something to do with the fact that I made a draft pick trade very late last night and something glitched.

In the end, this is my own fault for not entering the "preference pick" to specific round numbers.  Had I said not to choose this player in Rd1/2 I suppose it wouldn't have happened.  But again, I'm less concerned about my team and more concerned about the wasted hours spent putting a draft list together.  It's really moot at this point.  Just wondering if it's ever happened to anyone else. 

Posted January 04, 2018 - 09:37 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
I have heard of this before in a previous thread and I think on the first draft ever there may have been a few glitches but since then I've had my draft preferences work flawlessly. The last time I heard there being an issue was when a guy had a ton of shortlisted players. I usually only keep between 5-7 shortlisted players Per designated pick myself. I narrow the window down pretty tight though. I usually will get my first or second choice based off of that. Not sure what may have caused this though. Sorry man :(

Posted January 13, 2018 - 05:19 PM

GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1403 posts
  • 149 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

I have gotten a few reports like this before, but I have never been able to recreate the scenario. The only explanation I have come up with is that they forgot to set their preference round.

I did make a trade late last night that involved my 3rd round draft pick.  Is it possible something glitched and it was re-ordered?  

However, this may actually be a scenario that could cause some unexpected behaviour. I will try to recreate this one. Thanks for the report.

Posted June 07, 2018 - 03:41 AM

youthful porpoise

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: August 2016
Rep - Floater
I think the same thing happened to me. The order of my draft preferences had inexplicably changed. The player I had ranked second had dropped to 16th on my list. The one I had at #3 had dropped to 15th. First was still first, though. The one I ended up selecting was nowhere near the top of my original ranking but had risen to number two on my preferences.

World: Biscuit
League: SHL/GHL (promoted)
Team: Sault Ste Marie Admirals

Posted June 07, 2018 - 08:48 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

I think the same thing happened to me. The order of my draft preferences had inexplicably changed. The player I had ranked second had dropped to 16th on my list. The one I had at #3 had dropped to 15th. First was still first, though. The one I ended up selecting was nowhere near the top of my original ranking but had risen to number two on my preferences.

World: Biscuit
League: SHL/GHL (promoted)
Team: Sault Ste Marie Admirals

Sorry man.  Looks like you were not the only one this happened to this season as the Volcano's #1 pick looks a bit odd.  I wonder what would cause this.  At first when you posted I thought it might be a promotion issue because it happened to me when I promoted from BHL to SHL, but knowing that it also happened to Volcano that wouldn't make sense.  At least your pick isn't THAT bad, although probably could have been a bit better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users