• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: May 2016
Rep - Reliable

Steam Profile

Hey guys,

Adam Gundersson keeps taking over teams in Dangles and releasing players from those teams, then taking over another team and offering a contract to those same players. He's done this multiple times now and I've reported him for cheating but nothing has been done. He most recently did this with Oshawa Cougars, releasing a prospect and a defenseman, and now he's in charge of the Edson Lightning Bolts, both in GHL.

Please do something about this as it's extremely frustrating. He's somehow a 'Worldclass' manager despite this. I suspect he's the same person we had issues with before, just under a change of name.

Thanks!

Posted December 28, 2017 - 04:03 PM

jusatin

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 345 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: July 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

Steam Profile

That's really not something you like to hear. Sucks that people have the need to cheat in a game like gphm.

Please send an email to support@gameplanhockey.com and the support team will take care of the situation.

Hope we will be getting less and less cheaters in the future and thanks for spreading the information here as well.

Posted December 28, 2017 - 08:44 PM

Pingu

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2016
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium
I think Anders banned or suspended him several times in clapper for doing the same with SHL teams.

Posted December 29, 2017 - 08:43 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Stuff like that can ruin the game for a lot of people.

What if, upon taking over a new team, managers are blocked from making any moves for a certain number of days (5-10)??  Almost like the 'trade block' after signing a new player.  It wouldn't totally prevent people from doing things as stated above, but it would certainly limit it and make it more difficult/time consuming.  I can't think of any reason to not do this.  I know when I first took over my team I had zero idea what I was doing - and any move I would have made in the first couple of weeks would have probably hurt the team (in fact, I extended a few players contracts which I ended up regretting).  At the very least, you shoudn't be able to drop a player or make any trades for the first xxx number of days. 

Taking over a team should be an investment.  Allowing managers to come and go at will kind of takes away from that.  I understand people can just create multiple accounts, but blocking moves for a certain period of time will absolutely help.

(maybe this should be added to the "Suggestions" forum)... 

Posted January 05, 2018 - 06:28 PM

GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1408 posts
  • 149 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Hi

I have now permanently suspended 7(!) accounts that is linked to the manager in question. Enough is enough.

When suspecting cheating please send email to support@gameplanhockey.com. I check emails every day but my forum activity varies quite a lot.

Thanks for the heads up.

Posted July 15, 2018 - 08:29 PM

Serge

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: July 2018
Rep - Floater
  • LocationNice (France)

Hey,

we have similar problem in Howitzer / IHL with Ricky Jones.

He was 16th in BHL, made a trade offer with all his draft picks and some players to a coachless IHL team. Then he left his BHL team, took control of the IHL team and accepted his own trade offer.

Why people do this? 

Posted July 15, 2018 - 11:47 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 459 posts
  • 15 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Did you report Ricky Jones to support@gameplanhockey.com?  If not, I would recommend doing so.

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | SHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted July 16, 2018 - 04:15 PM

Ricky

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater
  • LocationCanada
Hi, my name is Ricky Jones. I have recieved multiple messages since doing the trade. I am brand new to the game and didn't know it was against the rules. I have only been playing this game for a while and i thought it was ok to do so. After the multiple messages from managers they have told me what i can and cant do in the game. Im sorry if i discouraged any of you by the trade. I was unaware you couldnt do that and for the reason of sparing myself from suspension/banishment i decided to resign. Sorry for the inconvenience and trouble i have caused all of the managers. Im sorry, wont happen again.

Posted July 16, 2018 - 05:53 PM

Jack Reacher

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: December 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationCanada

Hi, my name is Ricky Jones. I have recieved multiple messages since doing the trade. I am brand new to the game and didn't know it was against the rules. I have only been playing this game for a while and i thought it was ok to do so. After the multiple messages from managers they have told me what i can and cant do in the game. Im sorry if i discouraged any of you by the trade. I was unaware you couldnt do that and for the reason of sparing myself from suspension/banishment i decided to resign. Sorry for the inconvenience and trouble i have caused all of the managers. Im sorry, wont happen again.

Well Ricky, I also had to deal with similar problems when I first joined the game world back in Howitzer Beta days. It is difficult to learn to play the game fairly although most of it is common sense, without being on forums. I hope you learned your lesson. I suggest going through the forums reading on the rules and how to play fairly. Dont be afraid to ask seasoned veterans like me in Howitzer GHL for any advice or questions you may have. Hopefully many of us dont have to run into you for a bad reason(cheating).

Posted July 16, 2018 - 07:39 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding

I respect that you came forward and stated plainly what you were up to - it takes some Huevos. Make sure you keep playing the game - we need honest people here. And like Reacher said, feel free to reach out, the community here is pretty open to sharing and helping ;)

Posted July 17, 2018 - 12:36 PM

ET2018

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Outstanding

I suspect this Ricky Jones character could be Adam Gundersson. Lumber has been plagued with multiple sock puppet accounts performing suspicious trades, and all this occured after Adam Gundersson/Adam Svensson was banned from the Game World after multiple chances. Keep an eye out.

Posted July 17, 2018 - 04:00 PM

bremitt

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: July 2017
Rep - Floater

really? you didn't realize that offering all your picks and some players to another team and then resigning, taking over said new team and accepting the trade would be against the rules?...you shall get no sympathy from me...

i think a ban on new GM's making deals would be a mistake as some may jump right into the game have a horrible team, see some quality free agents and try to start building their team back to success right away, but if they are banned, they can't, they miss out on signing those free agents to someone else, they get frustrated, rage quit the game...

i think putting a ban on a GM taking over another team in the same World for a period of time would be more reasonable...when i signed up, i took the only open spot i could see, it was in the world that plays 6 games a day, i realized this was too quick for me, and when i found an open team in a 1 game a day world, i jumped at that...so banning a GM from taking over another team so quickly after resigning from another team would also be hindering, as there are legit reasons for doing this, but i can't think of a good reason a GM should resign from one team and take over another team in that same world right away...

Posted July 17, 2018 - 09:10 PM

Ricky

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater
  • LocationCanada

I suspect this Ricky Jones character could be Adam Gundersson. Lumber has been plagued with multiple sock puppet accounts performing suspicious trades, and all this occured after Adam Gundersson/Adam Svensson was banned from the Game World after multiple chances. Keep an eye out.

really? you didn't realize that offering all your picks and some players to another team and then resigning, taking over said new team and accepting the trade would be against the rules?...you shall get no sympathy from me...

i think a ban on new GM's making deals would be a mistake as some may jump right into the game have a horrible team, see some quality free agents and try to start building their team back to success right away, but if they are banned, they can't, they miss out on signing those free agents to someone else, they get frustrated, rage quit the game...

i think putting a ban on a GM taking over another team in the same World for a period of time would be more reasonable...when i signed up, i took the only open spot i could see, it was in the world that plays 6 games a day, i realized this was too quick for me, and when i found an open team in a 1 game a day world, i jumped at that...so banning a GM from taking over another team so quickly after resigning from another team would also be hindering, as there are legit reasons for doing this, but i can't think of a good reason a GM should resign from one team and take over another team in that same world right away...

I know you have your suspicions as many of the managers do, but I am Ricky Jones. I have never met, dealt, or even messaged this Adam character. And assuming from Anders in this post, he said he banned all accounts from that IP, so he is also most likely keeping an eye on all the IPs. This was an honest mistake even though it looks like common sense. I have seen other managers in Howitzer Bronze and Silver do this type of thing and in my short time and in Howitzer I was led to believe it was okay to do so because none of them got put onto forums or have been suspended. I made a mistake. I want to get back in the game as I have spent the past day reflecting upon my actions and how stupid they look now and I have also been reading up on the rules and regulations of the game. I do not want to be banned from the Game since I love the game and its intentions even though I have already violated one of the major rules. Once again, I apologize for my actions; I would also like to ask for forgiveness. I know it will take some managers more time than others because they might have had to deal with various other cheaters in the past and cheating isn't a very quick thing to get over.  I hope all of you can forgive me one day. I will love to get back into the game. I will take my time finishing my report on how to play the game before re-entering back into the Game, so I wont break any rules in the future. I hope many of you can understand. I sincerely apologize to any managers I have discouraged from playing the game, enjoying the game, and from all of those who have been pissed at my actions.Thank you.

Posted July 17, 2018 - 09:22 PM

ET2018

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

I know you have your suspicions as many of the managers do, but I am Ricky Jones. I have never met, dealt, or even messaged this Adam character. And assuming from Anders in this post, he said he banned all accounts from that IP, so he is also most likely keeping an eye on all the IPs. This was an honest mistake even though it looks like common sense. I have seen other managers in Howitzer Bronze and Silver do this type of thing and in my short time and in Howitzer I was led to believe it was okay to do so because none of them got put onto forums or have been suspended. I made a mistake. I want to get back in the game as I have spent the past day reflecting upon my actions and how stupid they look now and I have also been reading up on the rules and regulations of the game. I do not want to be banned from the Game since I love the game and its intentions even though I have already violated one of the major rules. Once again, I apologize for my actions; I would also like to ask for forgiveness. I know it will take some managers more time than others because they might have had to deal with various other cheaters in the past and cheating isn't a very quick thing to get over.  I hope all of you can forgive me one day. I will love to get back into the game. I will take my time finishing my report on how to play the game before re-entering back into the Game, so I wont break any rules in the future. I hope many of you can understand. I sincerely apologize to any managers I have discouraged from playing the game, enjoying the game, and from all of those who have been pissed at my actions.Thank you.

If other managers cheat, it doesn't give you the right to do that. Instead, report them. What made you think offering a team a deal and then taking over that team to accept it wasn't cheating in the slightest? Common sense isn't so common I guess.

Posted July 17, 2018 - 09:33 PM

Jack Reacher

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: December 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationCanada

I agree with ET2018, i would assume you would utilize some common sense when doing the trade and stuff.  I don't want to rip too much into you, but I would only forgive you once I see some kind of proof you have improved and will not revert back to cheating. Like you said some managers will take more time forgiving you,but I myself will need you to start by earning back our trust, which will take more time. And proving you won't cheat again is the only way I will be able to forgive you.

Posted July 18, 2018 - 06:33 AM

Serge

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater
  • LocationNice (France)

Juan Alvarez from Palm City Ice Dogs / 2nd in BHL Howitzer and Ricky Jones are probably the same character. Day 3 this season Ricky Jones proposed to a coachless team his nine top players against 'scrap'. The same day Juan Alvarez took control of this 'lucky' team and accepted the trade immediately. 

Now Juan Alvarez is promoted to SHL and Ricky Jones relegated to IHL, spoiled his team (second time) and left for the new team (left it after my forum message).

Posted July 18, 2018 - 12:11 PM

Glawing

GamePlanHockey Support Team

• Moderators
  • 158 posts
  • 8 thanks
    GM Since: November 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Hi!

Please do report to support@gameplanhockey.com!

I took a look at this. And will thank you all for helping!

It seems that Ricky Jones, Juan Alvarez and Nick Johnson is the same person. The are now all banned from the game. Keep an eye for me if the person turns up again.

Posted July 18, 2018 - 12:43 PM

ET2018

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Hi!

Please do report to support@gameplanhockey.com!

I took a look at this. And will thank you all for helping!

It seems that Ricky Jones, Juan Alvarez and Nick Johnson is the same person. The are now all banned from the game. Keep an eye for me if the person turns up again.

Hmmm...not surprised in the slightest. Maybe you can take another look at some of these accounts in Lumber? Very similar activity and randomized names.

Posted July 18, 2018 - 01:07 PM

Glawing

GamePlanHockey Support Team

• Moderators
  • 158 posts
  • 8 thanks
    GM Since: November 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Hmmm...not surprised in the slightest. Maybe you can take another look at some of these accounts in Lumber? Very similar activity and randomized names.

Hi Eric! 

I take a second look!

//Tobias

Posted August 12, 2018 - 11:01 PM

AlexanderRasputin

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: May 2018
Rep - Floater

A manager named Juan Alvarez is currently in control of the Palm City Ice Dogs in SHL Howitzer. Not sure whether this is the same account, but perhaps worth looking into.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users