Welcome to GM Games Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cubs' LF Steve Winter and SS Starlin Castro on the block

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

reedjohnson

reedjohnson

MLB Pro Quality Control Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2013
Rep - Helpful

LF Steve Winter

Winter is the best player I've ever drafted, a 25 year old outfielder from South Milwaukee coming off a 6 WAR season. He's under team control for four more years. Think a better, younger Cameron Maybin, who just got $27M per season on the open market. My scout says Winter is a 65/65/50/70/65 talent and he just hit .295/.403/.438 with 100 walks in a full season. Winter is a lefty batter with a stellar work ethic. On defense, he's a plus defender on the corners and can play center if you've got an injury. I'm dangling Winter because my farm system needs a jump-start and he is my best piece - the cost will be real, but let's talk.

SS Starlin Castro

One of the league's premier pure hitters, Castro has never hit below .300. He's a two-time All-Star and led the league in hits twice. Castro is above average defensively (+3.7 ZR and 1.018 EFF in 2017) and is still just 27 years old. For his career, Castro is 2nd in all of MLB Pro in average (.318, behind Braulio Pardo). He is 5th among SS in OBP with .360. Castro's career WAR of 29.2 is 1st among all SS and 3rd among all RH batters. Plus, he is the MLB Pro hits king with 1063.

Other Pieces

RP Brett Bochy and RP Pete Levitt are demotable relief pitchers for your majors or minors.

SP Zach McAllister is a suitable 4th or 5th starter.

Not For Sale

SP Mark Sorensen and C Jose Felix are untouchable and will die in blue pinstripes. We very much intend to enter 2018 with Jose Fierro and Eduardo Rodriguez in the rotation and those two are currently not available. Everyone else I will have a conversation about.

What I'm Looking For

The Cubs are seeking young prospects, both pitchers and batters with an emphasis on starters. Not interested in relief pitchers, or pitchers with 3 or less pitches, nor am I interested in players with a Poor work ethic. Prospects should still be on minor league contracts, ideally a year or two away from Rule 5 eligibility and not on the 40 man roster. 

GO CUBS GO ... to the playoffs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users