Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • 12 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd create a thread to continue the discussions in the chat. Some of us were wondering if an NA-style World would be possible. NHL format. 30 teams (or the 31 if u wanna be legit  ;) ). I can almost guarantee that we'd have enough people sign up for that. With a World fully composed of human GMs, I think we can definitely use that as a point to grow the community and keep people interested in the game.

I know the new Dangles World was kinda created for similar reasons, but honestly speaking, I don't think its had a positive impact in any sense. Feel free to disagree  :confused:

Thoughts, comments?

@Anders, could we please put some real thought into this matter? I've brought this up a few times now in the forums, but its always kinda died out since we don't really get anything started.

Posted December 08, 2017 - 12:01 AM

Wick Schozen

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: April 2016
Rep - Outstanding

A 30 team NA-style game world would be killer. I feel like that is where the draft and affiliate system would flourish. 

Posted December 08, 2017 - 01:41 AM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: August 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBelgium
Agreed, would definitely sign up!

Posted December 08, 2017 - 03:24 AM

Matt Krumm

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: July 2017
Rep - Floater

I would be in too!

Posted December 08, 2017 - 03:43 AM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSri Lanka
Agree with all the above.

Posted December 08, 2017 - 07:47 AM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
I'm there 100%

Posted December 08, 2017 - 02:13 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

I'm quite sure we could get some of the vets back as well. Like Scorevat, Renegades, etc.

Definitely agree that the draft and affiliate systems would really begin to make sense in this format. There'd be a point to "tanking", etc. I think even just building the community via the human-human interactions is quite an incentive by itself to get this World started.

I'm not sure what the demographics are with the GMs playing GPH...I know a more than a few are NA-based, so we'd all jump at a chance to play something that embodies the NHL structure, with some tweaks perhaps.

Posted December 08, 2017 - 04:01 PM

Fertilizerboy

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: December 2016
Rep - Floater

Sure this sounds like fun. I'd like an LIHL team pls and how many seasons untill you qualify as a vet?

Posted December 08, 2017 - 04:05 PM

Fertilizerboy

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

Seems like if you qualify than I qualify.

What speed would the league go at though

Posted December 08, 2017 - 04:24 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Sure this sounds like fun. I'd like an LIHL team pls and how many seasons untill you qualify as a vet?

LIHL? If its NA-style, it'd be 1 League. So just GHL. No promotion/demotions.

I don't know about what restrictions we'd want to put on people trying to get into the League....we need to get Anders' opinion on this before we hype up too much tbh. I've suggested this before, and its always died down shortly after, since there was no leverage behind it.

Posted December 08, 2017 - 05:05 PM

Fertilizerboy

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

How old does someone have to be to be a vet and right forgot sorry

Posted December 08, 2017 - 06:46 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

How old does someone have to be to be a vet and right forgot sorry

Idk...I just used that term since the guys I mentioned have been here even before me. I wasn't suggesting that we restrict the League to only vets.

Posted December 08, 2017 - 07:22 PM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • 22 thanks
    GM Since: April 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

Anders has this as a long term thing to add to the game. Note long term however.

Posted December 08, 2017 - 10:02 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
Could we get some more details on that? Also, what's being worked on currently?

Posted December 09, 2017 - 08:55 AM

masina

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: May 2016
Rep - Floater

I'd love that 

Posted December 09, 2017 - 02:20 PM

GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1377 posts
  • 148 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Yes a NA-style world is in my backlog and has been for quite some time now. I actually thought of launching the prototype back in 2014 with two different types of worlds but I had to cut one out since I didn't have enough time to develop them both. Since then I have wanted to introduce the NA-type but there have always been more important or urgent things to prioritise.

A NA-type world would force me to create a new type of league structure with conferences and (most certainly) divisions. It would also force me to review several simulators that's currently based on the current league structure with promotion/relegation.

But, I still love the idea and it's something that I wan't to add to the game. And since so many of you like this idea too I will make a sincere attempt to estimate the amount of work that's needed.

I'm currently working on the v1.3.3 update which will contain a lot of improvements regarding page speed. The update will also contain a first version of Injury/Reserve lists (including a type of waiver). I'm hoping to release this by the end of the month.

So if the NA-type estimate is within a reasonable amount I will try my very best to add this for the next next version. (Starting the development in January). I will keep you guys posted.

Posted December 09, 2017 - 05:56 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
Appreciate the update and all your hard work! Looking forward to the updates.

Posted December 10, 2017 - 06:50 AM

mwptak

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: August 2017
Rep - Floater
I'm all for this! My suggestion is to poll the current Dangles managers to see the appetite for flipping to the NA style when ready as I think there are at least 30 of us now that enjoy the fast speed and were looking for something new to jump into this world in the first place. I tried a slow world to begin with and it wasn't for me. I have tried entering a world as a IHL manager and it wasn't for me. The idea of all 30 or 31 managers entering a World as equals would be an AMAZING feature. I rarely post but wanted to add my 2 cents...

Minnesota City Wild
GHL
Dangles

Posted December 10, 2017 - 09:44 AM

Fertilizerboy

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

Agreed

Glenwoodville Musketeers

LIHL

Dangles

Posted December 10, 2017 - 03:29 PM

Wick Schozen

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: April 2016
Rep - Outstanding

It was just brought up so I think it should be discussed. What game speed would we be learning towards for the NA style world? Personally I really enjoy normal words (2 games per day), it seems like the right amount of time where you can micro manage every detail of the team and players. Personally I find fast worlds excruciating, I've tried it twice and I find I have to skip too many aspects of managing my team because I can't check my team after every simulation. 

I don't think I'd join if it were a fast world personally. I'm not saying that to be an ass, telling everyone it's my way or nothing. I just know I wouldn't be completely engaged with a fast world and would probably wait for a normal paced world to start.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users