• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationCanada

Steam Profile

Really?  An entire team's defence untouchable?  I've purposely made some insane offers.  Huge amounts for minor players without trades going through.

If we can't trade with CPU teams, which in some leagues are the majority of our competition this game experience will be at an end for owners like myself.

Balance is important, but quality of play is too.      Right now you can't build a team without trading and in most leagues there's little incentive for human managers to trade when you can get a comparable free agent.   Add in the minor league system and rosters are getting clumped up.

We need more fun back in this game.

If you can't fix this I'll thank you for your good work.  There's no crime in going in the direction you're going, but it's not working for managers that like to trade. 

Posted December 06, 2017 - 09:30 AM

Camii663

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: August 2017
Rep - Floater
  • LocationSarnia canada

Steam Profile

Agreed

Posted December 06, 2017 - 09:49 AM

fangwall

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationCanada

Steam Profile

I just resigned my three teams.   Between the slow server speed, having to pay to change player numbers, and not being able to trade it's just not enough to warrant the time invested any longer. 

Posted December 06, 2017 - 10:37 AM

Euph

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: October 2015
Rep - Floater

I just resigned my three teams.   Between the slow server speed, having to pay to change player numbers, and not being able to trade it's just not enough to warrant the time invested any longer. 

Well obviously that is not true. You are able to trade. You just have to be able to make a trade with another human manager. It is fair that key players in computer roster are untouchable! Stop crying because you cannot steal quality players from system for garbage. 

Posted December 06, 2017 - 11:21 AM

jusatin

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 338 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: July 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

Steam Profile

If the whole teams defence is untouchable, it probably means they are way too good for the league and thus it's only reasonable the owner would not want to trade them away. Few screenshots could help your case.

I agree that CPU trades are hard thing to master, but the current system is the best we've had so far imo.

Sad to see you go if you really decided to quit playing, but if that's the case I hope we will see you back here some time in the future.

Posted December 06, 2017 - 02:44 PM

Wick Schozen

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: April 2016
Rep - Outstanding

The way I see it is if you can't go to a human manager and make that deal, you shouldn't be able to just go over to the computer team and easily force a trade through while sending them complete crap.

I understand a lot of people are getting very frustrated and it's a shame some are leaving. But a lot of managers had been watching teams take advantage of computer teams and had been getting really pissed off for a long time. 

Allowing top players to become untouchable on CPU teams is a good half measure to completely taking out CPU trading. If some are mad that they can't gut top players from a CPU and they leave because of it, well good. This game and community is going to grow from people who are invested in this game, not people who want to take advantage of the system and quit when they can't get their way.

Posted December 07, 2017 - 01:58 PM

ColoKrabatt

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2017
Rep - Reliable

Allowing top players to become untouchable on CPU teams is a good half measure to completely taking out CPU trading. If some are mad that they can't gut top players from a CPU and they leave because of it, well good. This game and community is going to grow from people who are invested in this game, not people who want to take advantage of the system and quit when they can't get their way.

Amen!

HOWITZER |SHL| OGDENSBURG BEASTS      ALL STAR  

DANGLES |SHL| KINGSTON KINGS

PCK

Posted December 08, 2017 - 02:19 AM

PCK

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: December 2016
Rep - Floater
  • LocationVancouver
Agreed. Imo, there are ways to improve your team without having to rip off computer teams. Try offering fair trades to human teams. Look at their rosters and needs etc. Trade from your positions of strength.
Ive made plenty of trades with human teams.

Posted December 08, 2017 - 08:38 PM

Wick Schozen

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: April 2016
Rep - Outstanding

I make maybe two trades a season with human managers, usually minor tweaks or movement of picks. Almost every manager in my league and the top couple SHL teams will receive at least one personal message from me just to touch base to open a line of communication.

If anyone has trouble trading with human managers maybe it's not them that is the issue. Think about how you approach negotiations, no one wants to feel like they're getting ripped off and a lot of deals have to be negotiated back and forth.

Posted January 09, 2018 - 03:38 PM

granpubah

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2017
Rep - Helpful

bhl team. one cpu team in my division.   I'm trying to deal a 29 y/o 76 oa goalie to a cpu team with 3.4 mil in cap space and one keeper on the rooster.  All I want is a 3rd round pick.   the rest of his team is untouchable.     What to do?   if the deal is good I assume it goes thru immediately, correct?

Posted January 09, 2018 - 03:50 PM

granpubah

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful

trying a different move with an SHL team.  2 keeper ave value  for an avg val 68 oa keeper or a 3rd round pick.  what am I doing wrg?  I read that deals with the cpu should favor the computer team, correct. 

Posted January 09, 2018 - 05:21 PM

Baden

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Reliable

I'm in Clapper but am interested in this. IMO If a human manager makes an offer say..... he needs a defense and a computer team needs a forward... he should be able to make the offer if both players are equal in in rating ..say a 75 center for a 75 defense.... if the computer team is in need of a better center has has enuff quality defense to fill the defense spot even if he is a 72... I see nothing wrong with this cause the human manager has to give up equal value. just a thought. Im actually in this situation ... I have a few extra defense I could trade for a center. I have 9 decent defense.... I can only dress 6 I could easily trade one for a center of the same rating.Maybe this is something a computer team cant do.

Posted January 10, 2018 - 10:41 AM

jusatin

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 338 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: July 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

Steam Profile

bhl team. one cpu team in my division.   I'm trying to deal a 29 y/o 76 oa goalie to a cpu team with 3.4 mil in cap space and one keeper on the rooster.  All I want is a 3rd round pick.   the rest of his team is untouchable.     What to do?   if the deal is good I assume it goes thru immediately, correct?

Trades always take some time to get through and for the computer to think about them, you can typically expect an answer during 2 or 3 in game days.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Posted January 10, 2018 - 11:46 AM

granpubah

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful

Yes trades take time!!!!    that said I was successful.    the key was just being reasonable.  The cpu teams this time of year are trying to fill holes on their team.   I was able to do that and get a fairly decent prospect in return.   My clear goal was to reduce salary and I achieved that goal.  this was a clear win-win.  I made the deal with a SHL team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users