Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Reliable

Flag him as a cheater and post this in lumber 2

I flagged him, and sent an e-mail to Tobias, so hopefully something gets done about it.

Posted May 24, 2018 - 12:45 PM

ET2018

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Yet another somewhat hilarious bad trade involving a CPU team and a player. Let me ask you guys this....not calculating any salary cap problems or special circumstances, would this be a trade you would normally accept if you were in the CPU's shoes?

(Player team blotted out to avoid drama)

(Martin Huska is 95 overall, 25 years old.)

Attached Files

Posted May 24, 2018 - 02:10 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Yet another somewhat hilarious bad trade involving a CPU team and a player. Let me ask you guys this....not calculating any salary cap problems or special circumstances, would this be a trade you would normally accept if you were in the CPU's shoes?

(Player team blotted out to avoid drama)

(Martin Huska is 95 overall, 25 years old.)

Every world is different.  Meaning... I'm not sure what the top tier players look like here (Lumber? Dangles?) or what the draft prospect ratings are, which would factor in to how I view this trade.  You also need to take into account specific player ratings, traits, salary, player size, is that player even still improving, etc.

Without knowing all that stuff, I truthfully don't think it's that bad.  If that 95 rated player is one of the best players in that world, has good traits and a cheaper salary then maybe it is slightly lopsided, but if I saw that trade I probably wouldn't give it a second thought or get too upset about it.  But if I'm a new manager taking over a CPU team I'm pretty stoked about having those picks.

I'm not saying you are in the wrong here.  You bring up many good points about trades as one sides trades can ruin the experience for other managers who are trying to build a team the "right" way, so I think trades need to be addressed periodically.  Half the manager to manager trades I see happen in Biscuit seem lopsided one way or another, especially when it involves trades between leagues, but it is what it is.  I don't get too bent out of shape when I see it happen because in the end it's just a game.  This type of thing happens in every world.  The closest we will ever get to a "fair playing field" is when a North American style world is created and all spots are filled with human controlled teams.  At least then trades will have a purpose both ways and managers will think twice about "helping" other managers and/or exploiting CPU teams.  Teams will be built around the draft and free agency and trades will be used as a tool to fine tune your team, not build one.

I know I went off on a tangent there, but to answer your original question, I think the trade is OK.  Maybe not totally even, but I wouldn't consider it unfair.  But... I think the topic of trading definitely deserves it's own discussion.  Not necessarily to call people out and throw insults back and forth, but we should try to get to a point where teams are allowed to be competitive and improve their teams, but do it fairly and respectfully.  The goal should be to have a bunch of managers who enjoy playing the game and competing against each other and less of a "do whatever it takes to win, win now, win always" mentality. 

Posted May 24, 2018 - 02:13 PM

ET2018

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Every world is different.  Meaning... I'm not sure what the top tier players look like here (Lumber? Dangles?) or what the draft prospect ratings are, which would factor in to how I view this trade.  You also need to take into account specific player ratings, traits, salary, player size, is that player even still improving, etc.

Without knowing all that stuff, I truthfully don't think it's that bad.  If that 95 rated player is one of the best players in that world, has good traits and a cheaper salary then maybe it is slightly lopsided, but if I saw that trade I probably wouldn't give it a second thought or get too upset about it.  But if I'm a new manager taking over a CPU team I'm pretty stoked about having those picks.

I'm not saying you are in the wrong here.  You bring up many good points about trades as one sides trades can ruin the experience for other managers who are trying to build a team the "right" way, so I think trades need to be addressed periodically.  Half the manager to manager trades I see happen in Biscuit seem lopsided one way or another, especially when it involves trades between leagues, but it is what it is.  I don't get too bent out of shape when I see it happen because in the end it's just a game.  This type of thing happens in every world.  The closest we will ever get to a "fair playing field" is when a North American style world is created and all spots are filled with human controlled teams.  At least then trades will have a purpose both ways and managers will think twice about "helping" other managers and/or exploiting CPU teams.  Teams will be built around the draft and free agency and trades will be used as a tool to fine tune your team, not build one.

I know I went off on a tangent there, but to answer your original question, I think the trade is OK.  Maybe not totally even, but I wouldn't consider it unfair.  But... I think the topic of trading definitely deserves it's own discussion.  Not necessarily to call people out and throw insults back and forth, but we should try to get to a point where teams are allowed to be competitive and improve their teams, but do it fairly and respectfully.  The goal should be to have a bunch of managers who enjoy playing the game and competing against each other and less of a "do whatever it takes to win, win now, win always" mentality. 

I just think the topic needs revisiting before or during the fall release. There's still some holes in the system and it seems like "some' players have gone out of their way to find them. I see too many of these and it's starting to make me sour on the game.

Posted May 24, 2018 - 11:28 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSri Lanka

This trade looks mostly fine to me, I don't see a lot of issues without knowing more about where the teams are in standings, draft pool, etc.  

Also, please stop hijacking what is supposed to be a funny thread into cheating discussions.  There are other threads for that or create your own, thanks!

Posted Yesterday, 01:24 AM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding

This trade looks mostly fine to me, I don't see a lot of issues without knowing more about where the teams are in standings, draft pool, etc.  

Also, please stop hijacking what is supposed to be a funny thread into cheating discussions.  There are other threads for that or create your own, thanks!

I was about to ask what happened to the fun, light-hearted convo...let's talk more about how our team sucks and how our assistants are always high!

Posted Yesterday, 01:38 AM

ET2018

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable
Thought this was the humor therapy thread, for all things we find funny in the game.... Good or bad? Just saying.

Posted Yesterday, 11:50 AM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Thought this was the humor therapy thread, for all things we find funny in the game.... Good or bad? Just saying.

The problem is that it always devolves into an argument between people having a different ideas to what's fair. There's more appropriate places to do that (like suggestions for improvements to keep trading fair) or report people for obvious cheating going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users