Welcome to GM Games Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Oakland Offseason Trade Possibilities

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Gudy2Shoes

Gudy2Shoes

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: November 2013
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

OOTP.  See what I did there?

Yeah, anyway...

I'll be as up front as I possibly can be: I'm looking for SP, and I'm looking for very good SP.  I'd rather not have to sign a free agent to accomplish that this offseason, as I think I'm a few steps away from that stage of my team's development.  

That being said, I have the prospects and young talent to put together a competitive and interesting offer for your excellent (and hopefully cost-controlled) SP.  

Other positions I'm looking to upgrade are 2B, RF, and RP.  

Here's what I've got available:

MLB Talent:

SP James Paxton

SP Jesus Torres - some scouts love him, some hate him.  Whatever your scout thinks, he's still available.

CL Phillippe Aumont - one of the best and cheapest elite RP in the game.  Signed for three more seasons (assuming he hits the third year vesting option) at an absurd $800k per.  Here's the deal: every time I've tried to shop him in the past, I get a bunch of "What do you need for Aumont?  I'm looking for a decent 6th inning RP".  If that's your game, you're not getting Aumont.  He's an elite RP, he's incredibly cost-controlled, and I don't need to move him...but I will if the price is right.  

2B Cory Spangenberg - 2B is another area I'd like to upgrade, but Spangenberg will probably due until Seda is ready.

3B Matt Carpenter - could be a good bench bat for a team further along in the competitive process than Oakland

SS Andres Yanez - maybe.

OF David Vargas - once a highly rated prospect in my system, has had some recent developmental hiccups. I still believe.

OF Stephen Brown - maybe.

OF David Dahl

Prospects:

Just ask about anyone.  At this point, the only one I'm really averse to moving is Hunter Johnson

Gudy2Shoes

Gudy2Shoes

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: November 2013
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Update: Brown and Rod Cunningham have been dealt.  Got some SP help with Gray, but would like to add one or two more.  Everything above remains true.  2B would be a secondary target at this point, with RP and RF as distant third/fourth options.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users