Jiihee

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Helpful
I think it is funny how old managers fishes all the Best young players from cpu teams and usually they are the first ones complaining when Unfair trade happens. I was also watching goalies S.Betts before the season even started but i was honoring the gentleman agreement not to do trades with Computer managers, or atleast not to take their best players and giving them peanuts in return. It would be great to have solid Line how to Act with computer trading because if 1 team can do it, it would be fair that everyone else can do it without fear to get reported. This is not 1st Time vandals has made unfair trades and abused the system when the rules havent been totally clear. Top teams has no need to play this game unfair, they already have proper players and good prospects, unlike Many newer Ghl teams.

Posted November 07, 2017 - 06:27 AM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: August 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBelgium
Although I like all the attention when I make a trade, this topic is clearly another attack against me. If you look closely in every level, there are trades with the CPU. Unfair or fair is subjective as every manager will say otherwise.

Regarding the Betts trade I explained it in the chat. Honestly I don't even know why I should explain myself. This is a solid trade and it was unbalanced on my part. I talked with several managers about it, some say I won but others said I gave too much.

It's pathetic to see that this trade is again the center of attention as there have been many before and there will be many after as long as you can trade with CPU.

And if you want to attack me as a player and saying I made other unfair trades and abused the system, please give examples and say which cheat I used. Very sad topic and should be removed in my opinion.

Posted November 07, 2017 - 06:45 AM

Jiihee

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful
Its obvious that your team is going to do well in this season and cause of that your 1st round pick will be weak, other players you gave in that trade was totally useless in Ghl. In return you got probably the best future goalie in the whole game. Pretty cheap Price if you ask me. Also if you feel that you need to explain your trades you know that you are doing something wrong. Like i earlier said i was scouting this player long time ago and i bet that i was not the only One, but no One else didnt actually made Any offers as they felt it would abuse the system. Can you see how this is unfair for other managers. No body else is doing trades like this, you are the only one what i have seen.

Posted November 07, 2017 - 06:49 AM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBelgium
Still didn't answer my question though...

Anyway please explain where I "cheated" in these times when trading with CPU is way harder then it ever was. Which is a good thing.

And I explain myself because I hate people talking bad to ruin the reputation. If you feel happy with yourself and this topic, good. I hope you sleep better.

Posted November 07, 2017 - 08:00 AM

jusatin

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 336 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: July 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

Steam Profile

Jiihee didn't accuse you of being a cheater once. He did raise a question if you are abusing the trade system. I'm not going to comment on the trade itself but please refrain from attacking directly against other managers. This goes for both of you.

Posted November 07, 2017 - 08:23 AM

Jiihee

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful
I had to edit this guite a lot so it wont be so personall but you cant find human manager who would accepted that trade offer. Just saying. And if trades like this is accepted in this game i would have that player, not you.

Posted November 07, 2017 - 08:38 AM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
I've seen the rise of many a player in both leagues that I'm in. I've been apart of unfair CPU trades in the past and still attempt to do CPU trades when it makes sense on both ends. I offered a trade last night and gave a first round pick and a 82 OVR 19 YO goalie in return for a 25 YO, 84 OVR goalie and still got shot down. That all to say, I've seen you (Jihee) make some very questionable trades in your rise to the GHL also. You are not without blemish and I suggest that if any of us decides to bring this topic up again that you address the individual first and then if the response is not taken then log all your info and ask Glawin and Anders about it in the appropriate section. Once more - I've played my hand in the pointing finger game too but it only leads to more frustration. Find a different way to do it. Jusatin, because someone doesn't directly state that "you're cheating" doesn't mean they aren't saying it.

Posted November 07, 2017 - 08:59 AM

Pingu

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2016
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium

I don't think this is the right place to personally throw mud at someone.

As X points out trading with the cpu got much harder.

We use our place on the forum for to much nonsense en negativity instead of building a fun-biscuit-active-world.

We should be the cookie that everyone here want to eat.

See me there-> made a biscuit play on words. :cool:

Posted November 07, 2017 - 09:02 AM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBelgium
Thanks EXXEO, much appreciated.

And also thanks to those 2 managers already reporting me as a cheater...

Posted November 07, 2017 - 09:06 AM

Jiihee

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful

I've seen the rise of many a player in both leagues that I'm in. I've been apart of unfair CPU trades in the past and still attempt to do CPU trades when it makes sense on both ends. I offered a trade last night and gave a first round pick and a 82 OVR 19 YO goalie in return for a 25 YO, 84 OVR goalie and still got shot down. That all to say, I've seen you (Jihee) make some very questionable trades in your rise to the GHL also. You are not without blemish and I suggest that if any of us decides to bring this topic up again that you address the individual first and then if the response is not taken then log all your info and ask Glawin and Anders about it in the appropriate section. Once more - I've played my hand in the pointing finger game too but it only leads to more frustration. Find a different way to do it. Jusatin, because someone doesn't directly state that "you're cheating" doesn't mean they aren't saying it.

Wow. Why the sudden hate for me. 1st if i would meant that he cheated i would said it, instead i said abuse cause thats what i meant. 2nd only time when i have made trades with computer is when they make the offer. There has been time when i havent even regognize human and computer manager. And yes when i was in shl i made 1 or 2 trades with computer, those were always fair. I didt read forums back then and i didnt have knowledge that trading with cpu teams are considered shady. But you clearly feel that trading with computer is ok so that should be made clear for everyone if thats the general opinion. Like this the same manager hogs all the star players from computers, when the rest are playing the game like it would be fair for everyone avoiding shady trades with cpu. Some managers just seems to be willing to do anythig it takes to get good team, even if their team is good enough already. Im just saying that it should be same for everyone. If abuse of cpu trades is ok, let it be ok for everyone. Not only the same manager season after season .

Posted November 07, 2017 - 09:16 AM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBelgium
What a joke... Please show me season after season "abusive" trades I did... I don't need to do shady trades as I'm playing for 12 seasons in GHL and built something from the start. It's easy to accuse people nowadays. Very sad this...

Posted November 07, 2017 - 09:45 AM

Jiihee

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful
Jusatin just said not to do any personall attack for anyone. Without any name dropping i see 2 managers here defending cpu trades who were abusing player market last season when affiliate teams came. Another manager had +10 center whitch many of those were Ghl ready. What a coinsidence. Hope that there wont be any new theads when rest of the managers starts to do trades with cpu teams. I might have a look for that Ghl computer team my self. Im sure they would like to have my 70 ov prospects

Posted November 07, 2017 - 10:03 AM

Pingu

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2016
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium

Well this escalated quickly

No-one was defending cpu trading. The posts about the new balance in trades was an observation.

Posted November 07, 2017 - 11:05 AM

Jiihee

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful

What a joke... Please show me season after season "abusive" trades I did... I don't need to do shady trades as I'm playing for 12 seasons in GHL and built something from the start. It's easy to accuse people nowadays. Very sad this...

Kim you literally made my point, you dont need to do trades like that but you still did. Manager Who has 12 season experience should know better. Every single manager would wanted that player, but you are the only one Who made the trade offer. Considering that player will be the best goalie in this Server you got him free. If anyone else is willing to trade similiar player with same price hit me up and i will gladly pay the same price what was paid in this trade.

Posted November 07, 2017 - 11:25 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

We should be the cookie that everyone here want to eat.

See me there-> made a biscuit play on words. :cool:

/\

This!

I haven't looked at the trade that sparked this debate, so don't have an opinion on that, but I see both sides of the CPU trading debate.  It is frustrating when other players exploit the CPU via trade.  Hell, I've seen a few trades between two managers that were questionable.  When I joined in S9, I didn't realize you could trade with CPU teams until I saw a few managers do it toward the end of S10.  Then I made a few trades myself in S11 (I thought they were fair).  Especially when a few teams went after a player who I had shortlisted, so I thought it was fair game and didn't want to miss my opportunity.  We all want to gain an advantage/win, but at the same time, we want to keep the game fun and fair.

I have read quite a few old posts around this topic and feel like these arguments could go on forever.  Also, CPU trading hasn't been banned yet and per Anders, it will remain part of the game (I agree, it should). So what is the solution?

I should first say that in my experience, trading with the CPU wasn't easy.  I gave up a lot and had to make sure my own assistant felt the trade was lopsided the other way.  That's not to say that it can't still be exploited... it definitely can.  But from what I've read and my own experience, the system has improved.  So what can we do to suggest further improvements (if any are even needed) to keep the game fair, but also keep that level of competitiveness?  One suggestion would be that CPU teams do not give up picks or prospects.  The draft pick system can be exploited, especially if you get one from a team who is ready to promote.  Also, if a team doesn't have a manager, a future manager wouldn't be as concerned with current success as it would with future success.  So trading picks or prospects to a CPU team for a better player makes sense, but giving up picks/prospects does not.  A good example of this was the SHL Rhinos last season (now Chattanooga Kings in Biscuit).  Many teams gave them picks and prospects for established players.  I remember thinking this team was set up good for the future and now with a new manager, they are crushing it.  Another suggestion would be to lock a team from trading for a certain period after a manager resigns (say 5-10 days).  At the very least, it would give all other managers time to prepare their CPU trades, rather than have certain managers go at it right away.

Posted November 07, 2017 - 11:41 AM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBelgium

Kim you literally made my point, you dont need to do trades like that but you still did. Manager Who has 12 season experience should know better. Every single manager would wanted that player, but you are the only one Who made the trade offer. Considering that player will be the best goalie in this Server you got him free. If anyone else is willing to trade similiar player with same price hit me up and i will gladly pay the same price what was paid in this trade.

Every manager is free to make a trade with the CPU. I don't see anything wrong with that as it's still possible. Do I like it, no. But that's another debate. If human managers ask too much or are not willing to trade, then CPU trading is an option.

As for Betts, I highly doubt him being the best goalie in Biscuit. There are younger and far better than him. Look around please. Also Betts is one of those young players I have that haven't gained a skill point this entire season. I'm not talking about OVR, but skillpoint. Not one in 19 days. So he's not really that good as you think. And it's not only the 1st round pick, also the 3rd and 2 prospects. One of the prospects will be active in GHL for sure. Maybe not this season but he will be. So the offer was really not that bad, as said this is subjective. But feel free to offer the same amount and I'm happy to accept.

That being said this topic is the best example what is wrong with the community, unfortunately...

Posted November 07, 2017 - 11:51 AM

fangwall

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationCanada

Steam Profile

I trade with the CPU and have no problem with any trade I've ever made.  I don't play my goalies 60 games per season or game draft pick deals.  My deals usually are orange on my side and green on the other.   

Many times it's about trading several assets for one that will improve my team.

That being said there sadly are others that are gaming the system.   In one gold league I see that Anders or someone has made the best players on a  team all untouchable. I think that's wrong.   You normally wouldn't see more than three untouchables on any roster historically.

Posted November 07, 2017 - 01:11 PM

Jiihee

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful
I just dont think that the trading with cpu works at all. But if everyone feels that its ok, then all should make trades with computer as much as they like. That being said i think that you can still dump your bad players to computer and take star player in return way too easy and thats far from reality trading.

Posted November 07, 2017 - 03:10 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
"Wow. Why the sudden hate for me. "

How do you take that as hate? Seriously? I'm just making an observations and asking people to just stop calling this out every two months on the forum - deal with it in a non-public setting. Sheesh!

Posted November 07, 2017 - 04:13 PM

Jiihee

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful

"Wow. Why the sudden hate for me. "
How do you take that as hate? Seriously? I'm just making an observations and asking people to just stop calling this out every two months on the forum - deal with it in a non-public setting. Sheesh!

Its just funny how all the fishy trades are more or less done by the same small group of managers. How many other manager has been trading with pascoag and ended up taking their star players. Trades like that is destroying cpu teams and is unfair for other managers. I just cant understand how you dont get it. Meaby you are fan of certain Ghl team or you just happen to know him in real life. All i did was pointed out unfair trade in my opinion and i have every right to do so. Pls dont get your feelings hurt, Sheesh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users