EXXEO

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
Apparently my Biscuit team saw how bizarely my Clapper team could create losses and decided to lose in a new fashion themselves. The team started off strong with two power play goals in the 1st and up until the 6:30 mark in the third had a 3-1 lead. That's when the tide turned and my team while on one their 12 power plays decided to make the match interesting and allow a short handed goal taking it to a 3-2 score. With 3.5 minutes left the Black Flag were back in the PP...to allow them a second short handed goal. The OT is scoreless and it goes to a shootout. We of course lose that and walk away limping with an injury to our top line passer...ouy!

Posted November 03, 2017 - 02:39 AM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationSri Lanka

Yeah, the games seem especially brutal this season (on the manager's psyche) and totally unpredictable.  

Posted November 03, 2017 - 04:20 AM

Pingu

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2016
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium

Yes Steve!

You can dominate a game and outplay the other team but still end up losing. And let us not forget the games against the (most of the time) young super saiyan goalies. It can get brutal.

Posted November 05, 2017 - 11:35 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationSri Lanka

I'm off to my worst start ever!  But every one of my games (except 2) have been decided by 1 goal.  Often I do better in stats (30+ shots a game), but the league of Haseks, Prices, and Lundquivsts in their prime is making it feel like I am banging my head against the wall.  Honestly, if I thought I could do something to change it, I would, but don't see how getting 35 shots a night and still only getting 1-2 in (at best!) is a fault of my players.  Everyone just has amazing goalies now in GHL.  

Posted November 07, 2017 - 02:05 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

I try not to get too salty after losses because I love the parity, but holy shit!  How did I lose this one?

Attached File  11-7-2017 2-01-07 PM.png   29.9KB   0 downloads

Posted November 07, 2017 - 02:10 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Actually, turns out it was upset week in BHL.  This is just crazy!

Attached File  11-7-2017 2-09-33 PM.png   76.95KB   1 downloads

Posted November 07, 2017 - 04:25 PM

EXXEO

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Actually, turns out it was upset week in BHL.  This is just crazy!

attachicon.gif11-7-2017 2-09-33 PM.png

Dang! Bermuda was the only team to walk away with a win for the teams in higher ranking - that's kinda weird!

Posted November 11, 2017 - 10:19 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

This isn't meant as a complaint... just a general comment in that I am going to be absolutely ECSTATIC when my team can use its strong winner instinct and finally win a 1-goal game!! 

In games where the score is decided by 2 or more goals, the Def Leppards are 12-0.  One goal games... 0-4. 

C'mon boys, get it done!

Posted November 13, 2017 - 01:20 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

A rare shootout win.  I'll take it.

Posted December 07, 2017 - 12:03 PM

littleb

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: September 2017
Rep - Floater
  • LocationMinnedosa

Yikes you booted me around the ice pretty good Yesterday Paul!  Was hoping to give you a better game!

Posted December 07, 2017 - 02:45 PM

Pingu

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2016
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium
8 th loss in 10 games. Everyone lost their Mojo.

Posted December 07, 2017 - 03:37 PM

EXXEO

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
My team doesn't know what mojo is. If you asked them they'd probably scratch their heads and think you were either talking about coffee or end up calling their lawyer thinking some sexual misconduct occurred :(

Posted December 14, 2017 - 09:41 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Yikes you booted me around the ice pretty good Yesterday Paul!  Was hoping to give you a better game!

Sorry for the late reply... I was on vaca for a week.  The Leopards definitely took it to you last week - however we have just commenced our end of season slide out of the top 2 spots.  You have been on a tear since.  We have one more game against each other and I'm thinking it may decide 1st/2nd place in BHL.  Good luck the rest of the way... you have a pretty damn good team, especially for just promoting from IHL.

Posted December 14, 2017 - 06:18 PM

littleb

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater
  • LocationMinnedosa

Sorry for the late reply... I was on vaca for a week.  The Leopards definitely took it to you last week - however we have just commenced our end of season slide out of the top 2 spots.  You have been on a tear since.  We have one more game against each other and I'm thinking it may decide 1st/2nd place in BHL.  Good luck the rest of the way... you have a pretty damn good team, especially for just promoting from IHL.

I appreciate that, still think you got 1st wrapped up and would be just happy beating Eagles tomorrow to slip into 2nd.  I am pretty happy with my team but I am going to have a hell of a time if I do go up.  Pretty much sold my future for the now so will need to start rebuilding some youth into my squads without letting myself slip back down.

Posted December 15, 2017 - 01:42 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

I appreciate that, still think you got 1st wrapped up and would be just happy beating Eagles tomorrow to slip into 2nd.  I am pretty happy with my team but I am going to have a hell of a time if I do go up.  Pretty much sold my future for the now so will need to start rebuilding some youth into my squads without letting myself slip back down.

I would almost put money down that I will not end up in 1st place.  Almost.  I'm going to limp toward the finish line this season (again).  A few days ago my 2nd best forward got injured for 9 games.  Today my best forward got injured for 10 games.  I have 7 players who are 81+ and 3 of them are injured...

At this point with 9 games remaining, I need to hope either you or the Eagles drop a couple more games.  I hold a 3 game advantage on the Eagles with the point differential tie breaker.  Things would have to go horribly wrong for me to miss out on promotion... but it happened last year, so...

Posted December 19, 2017 - 03:22 PM

littleb

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater
  • LocationMinnedosa

Ha, well if we throw history in then I notoriously get 2nd place all the time when being promoted so if I am going up chances are you're winning!  Especially now that you nipped Eagles by one goal.

Posted December 19, 2017 - 03:45 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Ha, well if we throw history in then I notoriously get 2nd place all the time when being promoted so if I am going up chances are you're winning!  Especially now that you nipped Eagles by one goal.

I was sweating out today's game.  The Eagles are a well managed team.

This might finally be the Leopards year to promote after being a BHL regular for the past 9 seasons.

Attached File  12-19-2017 3-43-10 PM.png   40.74KB   0 downloads

Posted December 19, 2017 - 08:58 PM

EXXEO

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
I had several 3rd place finishes while in the BHL but none come as close to promotion as last season for you - I mean 50 wins and no promotion...that's just absurd!

Posted December 20, 2017 - 10:30 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

I had several 3rd place finishes while in the BHL but none come as close to promotion as last season for you - I mean 50 wins and no promotion...that's just absurd!

The bottom half of the BHL wasn't all that competitive last year, so the win % for the top 5-6 teams was a bit inflated.  The Troopers and Panthers both broke BHL records last year for points... they both had insane seasons.  But yeah, 50 wins and I was the odd team out.  Crazy.

The BHL is much more competitive this year, top to bottom.  Better in so many ways.

Posted December 20, 2017 - 11:56 AM

littleb

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater
  • LocationMinnedosa

That certainly is true, I have lost so many games this season to teams out of the playoff race.  Has been a nice challenge throughout the season in Bronze.

I had to look back at last season.... geesh you really did get shafted last year lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users