Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: July 2016
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCanada

We're beginning the next season in Fishbowl....

And I started with a shutout loss...  :(

Posted November 02, 2017 - 03:01 PM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Ugh, my backup prospect goalie, Chevrier, can't make a save for his life. But I need to play him because I want him to develop and I have a feeling that getting the occasional GHL game is better development than an affiliate at his current talent level.

Maybe my goalie rotation should look like 2 games Konchesky, 1 game Chevrier and 1 game Stafford. Or else send Chevrier down, but bring him back up whenever I noticed that I am playing a team with bad scoring ability. What do you guys think?

Posted November 02, 2017 - 09:09 PM

Mickg34

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Floater
Let him develop in the minors. Playing an 18 yo goalie in the GHL could actually do more harm than good. You might even let him "dominate" the AAHL2 for about 20-30 games then reassign to the AAHL and play the rest of the season there. You really have no need for him on your GHL roster this season.

Posted November 16, 2017 - 01:47 PM

CroatiaKing

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: November 2017
Rep - Floater

Hi, guys! One of my first posts here. I need some help. I don't know what to do with my goalie no. 1. He is future superstar but he has so bad games so far. I am thinking about trading him and I already offered him for some players. Also, even I have best attack in the league, my defense isn't so good like attack. Any advices? Thank you!

MANAGER OF MICHIGAN CENTER WILD WINGS
BHL GAME WORLD FISHBOWL

Posted November 16, 2017 - 04:46 PM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • 13 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Yeah, I don't know why he is performing so bad. Maybe try to go after the Reapers goalie Giertl who is performing pretty decently despite being on a bad team. My opinion is that Bardou + a pick should be a fair trade considering both of their performances so far in a similar amount of games but behind entirely different teams. Another option would be to try switching your defensive tactics up. You've got fringe GHLers on your team and those players might be good enough that they are able to hide the fact that your defensive tactic is currently getting beat.

Posted November 17, 2017 - 01:47 PM

annarorhawk

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2017
Rep - Floater

Why so few human teams in the SHL?  GHL, BHL, and IHL are full, but only 5-6 humans in the SHL.  It concerns me a little, as it took me 4 seasons to go from IHL to SHL, and I'm a bit afraid that something happens at this level that causes people to quit.

Anyone with thoughts on this?

Posted November 17, 2017 - 01:54 PM

annarorhawk

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Floater

Hi, guys! One of my first posts here. I need some help. I don't know what to do with my goalie no. 1. He is future superstar but he has so bad games so far. I am thinking about trading him and I already offered him for some players. Also, even I have best attack in the league, my defense isn't so good like attack. Any advices? Thank you!

Maybe it's that his "puck control" stat is a bit low. Your roster has some real stars on it - way above BHL average, but it also looks like you have some below-average players too. Maybe it's those "holes" in the lineup when the shots are getting through. ???

Posted November 17, 2017 - 04:06 PM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • 13 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Why so few human teams in the SHL?  GHL, BHL, and IHL are full, but only 5-6 humans in the SHL.  It concerns me a little, as it took me 4 seasons to go from IHL to SHL, and I'm a bit afraid that something happens at this level that causes people to quit.

My guess is that its because the GHL has only just recently filled up in the past few seasons. It's not that difficult to earn promotion if your only facing AI's and therefore most people that got promoted into the SHL would then get promoted again into the GHL the next year. Now that the GHL is pretty much full, there are now human managers both being promoted into and demoted into the SHL which means that the number of people entering the SHL is finally bigger than the number of people exiting the SHL. And then there's also the occasional people that quit, but that happens in every league and I think the past season or two have all had an AI team get promoted into the SHL.

When I first started in the LIHL, the GHL was roughly as full as the SHL is now, so it's not that bad. Also the reason the LIHL/IHL/BHL leagues are always nearly full is because anybody can join those leagues. Compare that to the SHL and GHL where managers either have a lot of experience which lets them just join a team or else have earned promotion which will take many months to do in Fishbowl depending on which league that you started in.

Posted November 18, 2017 - 12:41 PM

CroatiaKing

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: November 2017
Rep - Floater

Yeah, I don't know why he is performing so bad. Maybe try to go after the Reapers goalie Giertl who is performing pretty decently despite being on a bad team. My opinion is that Bardou + a pick should be a fair trade considering both of their performances so far in a similar amount of games but behind entirely different teams. Another option would be to try switching your defensive tactics up. You've got fringe GHLers on your team and those players might be good enough that they are able to hide the fact that your defensive tactic is currently getting beat.

I changed my mind. I will let him in my team until I get some really serious offer. Opposite to my previous plans I am thinking about trading my backup goalie Duhan for some field player and get some of experienced goalies from free market. I decided it's better to have one older and one young goalie then two young goalies. My attack is really, really good. I am more then satisfied with how good they are. Pity that my 1st center got injured.

P.S. I want to find some good team for my F Hajdusik and/or D Moses. Also, people, check out my other players on tradeblock.

For me it's not so big problem lack of human teams in SHL. For me more confusing fact is that there are so many players on holidays. What exactly means that they are on holiday? I had some players for trade "on my radar" but they are mostly in those teams where managers are on holidays so I don't know when would I be able to even get an answer on my trade offer.

Maybe it's that his "puck control" stat is a bit low. Your roster has some real stars on it - way above BHL average, but it also looks like you have some below-average players too. Maybe it's those "holes" in the lineup when the shots are getting through. ???

Yeah, I know and I have some small problems for next season as I've spent a lot of money for their contract extensions so I am thinking a lot how to build my team for next season. I really want to keep Hajdusik but as it seems currently, I won't be able to keep him as I don't have enough money for extension of his contract. I also seriously want to get rid of Moses so I can free some money for some players from free market which I want to get to my team for next season.

MANAGER OF MICHIGAN CENTER WILD WINGS
BHL GAME WORLD FISHBOWL

Posted December 18, 2017 - 01:38 PM

Pingu

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2016
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium
This was a smooth season. The gap is big enough to be sure of the championship.

I have quality BHL players to trade so send me a PM or an offer.
Midway Crossfire BHL.

The first hurdle to the GHL has been taken

Posted December 24, 2017 - 11:26 AM

granpubah

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful

just the topic I wanted to talk about!  SHL has so few human teams it seems to me it would be fair to trade (somehow) with computer teams or swap my BHL team for a SHL team.    just a thought.   

Posted December 24, 2017 - 02:59 PM

RolandLarocque

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: April 2016
Rep - Floater

just the topic I wanted to talk about!  SHL has so few human teams it seems to me it would be fair to trade (somehow) with computer teams or swap my BHL team for a SHL team.    just a thought.

i believe you just quit as your teams GM and apply for whats available.

On another note.. i want to play in other worlds too.. do i need to make a second account?

Also, Rocky Mountain House Hawks are open to trades on just about all players. Make me an offer.

Posted December 25, 2017 - 04:30 AM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • 13 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Yes you need to create a second account to be able to play in multiple worlds. Also, I thought I had a ton of goalies, but you have more than me :P

Posted December 26, 2017 - 11:31 AM

RolandLarocque

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: April 2016
Rep - Floater
i am collecting them for a rainy day

Posted December 28, 2017 - 08:13 PM

Pingu

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2016
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium
A new point record for the BHL. Nice! Like writing a little bit of league history.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users