Posted October 28, 2017 - 11:54 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 557 posts
  • 19 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Maybe a world without CPU trading could be UAT Mitts?  Give it a trial run there and leave the production worlds with CPU trading on.

Posted October 29, 2017 - 12:19 AM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • 12 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding

How many people play on Mitts? You need a pretty full World if we want to try no computer trading.

Posted October 29, 2017 - 12:52 AM

MattBerserkers

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

I've got a couple alternative suggestions involving no computer trading if the community supports it:

The first option would be to just block computer in SHL and GHL. I remember when I was new and initially completely against blocking computer trades, it was because there weren't many active human managers so the majority of my potential trading partners was the AI. But once you hit the SHL, most human managers are active and therefore it's easier to find a human trading partner. I think this is a potential option would prevent any managers being cut off from participating in any trades.

My other option would be that the game keeps track of the number of active human managers in each league. If say 1/3 (maybe a larger percentage would be better?) of the managers are active, computer trading would be disabled in that league. Vacationing managers should count towards the non-active managers. Whenever the system automatically switches between abling/disabling computer trading it would notify all league managers through messages just to keep everyone updated on rules. This option would also eliminate the chance that disabled computer trades block any manager from participating in a major part of the game. The messages might break a bit more realism, but in my opinon it's an acceptable trade-off to keep everything fair.

Posted October 29, 2017 - 03:29 AM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 557 posts
  • 19 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

How many people play on Mitts? You need a pretty full World if we want to try no computer trading.

A little less than half of UAT Mitts is filled with human managers, so yes, perhaps not a big enough sample size.

Posted October 29, 2017 - 04:22 AM

fangwall

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationCanada

Steam Profile

Matt you made some interesting points.  

Posted October 29, 2017 - 04:15 PM

GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1594 posts
  • 161 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Thanks for all your feedback and great suggestions in this matter. So what to do? The only thing I could do right now is to either turn on computer trading or to keep all computer trading disabled. And with that in mind and based on your feedback I'm going to turn on computer trading on Game World Dangles. However, I will continue to improve the trading AI starting with making key player untouchable on computer teams. But I will also give some of your suggestions a thought for future releases. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users