Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1328 posts
  • 144 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

New All Star feature

• All Star managers may now edit their affiliate teams as often as they like. All customisation, including usage of logotypes, of affiliate teams is now an All Star feature. However, all previous customisations by non All Star managers will be kept until the current manager resigns.

Bug fixes and improvements
  • World info and countdown is now clickable to reveal more detailed info regarding upcoming events.
  • When world is simulating (flashing SIMULATING) more info regarding estimated finish is available when clicked (Note that it can take a few days before the estimated finish is displayed properly).
  • Announcements (inbox message and countdowns) of trading deadline and when transfers are once again allowed.
  • Youth draft has been moved to a later time (on same day) in order to allow last minute trading. The time of the youth draft is also announced as a countdown clock (see first bullet of this list).
  • More detailed team finances/salary cap info on team page
  • Improved and more individualistic player regression
  • Improved player injuries with higher risks of injury if exhausted. Also small general increase of goalie injures.
  • Adjustment of fatigue penalties. Increased for exhausted players. Decreased for healthy and high endurance players.
  • Adjustment of player development rates to prevent unrealistic ratings for non top prospects.

• Computer teams now assign and recall players to/from affiliate teams.
  • Small update on non playable team’s (including affiliate teams) color mascot, now displaying first letter on team’s name.
  • Display of player stats on non playable teams (including affiliate teams).
  • Player development will slow down if assigned to too low affiliate level.
  • Player may be unhappy if assigned to affiliate even if on two way contract.
  • Possibility to move players directly between affiliates teams.

• Fixed bug where team standings could be become unsync
  • Fixed bug where manager name was displayed as Computer on team history
  • Fixed bug where salary cap wasn't updated correctly when trading for affiliate assigned players
  • Fixed bug where goalie stats wasn't correctly updated when assigned to affiliate
  • Fixed bug where injured players still could be auto assigned to lineup in games
  • Fixed bug where players could play games for more than one team at once
  • Fixed bug where player stats could not be sorted on BKS (Blocked shots)
  • Fixed bug where a player wasn't rewarded a league achievement if released before season end 
  • Fixed small typo
  • Fixed bug where game analysis could not be loaded
  • Fixed bug where over aged players could be offered an entry level contract
  • Fixed bug where date for offered contracts always showed “today”
  • Fixed bug where cancel pending contract could crash
  • Fixed bug where trade offers containing old draft picks was not canceled.
  • Fixed bug where players was not auto recalled when signing a one way contract
  • Fixed bug where eligible affiliate levels where not auto added or removed when team was promoted or relegated.
  • Fixed bug where email was not sent to managers when put on holiday or fired

Notes
  • Affiliates have now been auto added to those teams who was currently missing affiliate teams at any level.

Posted October 17, 2017 - 05:55 PM

fangwall

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationCanada

Steam Profile

Great work Anders!

Posted October 20, 2017 - 01:11 AM

Naekfor

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Floater

"Player development will slow down if assigned to too low affiliate level"

is it possible to get a bit more info on this? (edit: I am likely building a team set to have 70+ in aahl3 at some positions, i suspect that might qualify?)

"Adjustment of player development rates to prevent unrealistic ratings for non top prospects."

makes sense but a bit of a bummer as i just shifted to trying to look more for potential  and sign long term. will there just be fewer "gems" or is it more across the board rates are down?

also just checking, if/when i get promoted to silver, i will lose my aahl3 team and gain an aahl team with a letter as a logo? and if i go back down, i will gain an aahl3 team with a letter as a logo, but everything else will be the same and my aahl2 team should never change unless i upgrade and change it? 

Posted October 20, 2017 - 02:48 AM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 370 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

also just checking, if/when i get promoted to silver, i will lose my aahl3 team and gain an aahl team with a letter as a logo? and if i go back down, i will gain an aahl3 team with a letter as a logo, but everything else will be the same and my aahl2 team should never change unless i upgrade and change it? 

That is correct.  If you promote to SHL, you will lose your AAHL3 team and be able to have an AAHL and AAHL2 team.

Only All-Stars can change minor league affiliate details at will.  If you are not an All-Star then your minor league affiliates will not be able to change city, name, or logo.

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | GHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Thanked by 1 Member:

Posted October 20, 2017 - 04:41 AM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1328 posts
  • 144 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

"Player development will slow down if assigned to too low affiliate level"

is it possible to get a bit more info on this? (edit: I am likely building a team set to have 70+ in aahl3 at some positions, i suspect that might qualify?)

"Adjustment of player development rates to prevent unrealistic ratings for non top prospects."

makes sense but a bit of a bummer as i just shifted to trying to look more for potential  and sign long term. will there just be fewer "gems" or is it more across the board rates are down?

1. Yes, a 70+ overall will get a more descent challenge and develop better in AAHL 2 than AAHL 3.

2. The update will (hopefully) prevent the general inflation we're seeing in player overall (over all leagues). Not decreasing the number of top prospects.

Posted October 21, 2017 - 02:37 AM

Naekfor

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

not sure if anything can be answered with any more details, how much things slow, what is too low (Still talking affiliate assignment)

my debate is i have a 19 yo 71 overall goalie. I can either leave him as a backup (i persume) to my 19 yo 75 goalie in aahl2 or send him to get him games in aahl3. I just have no idea how many they need to grow well or how the AI would divide the games or how much of a penalty aahl3 would be. so i am trying to just move him to be safe I guess

Posted October 27, 2017 - 12:55 PM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: August 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium
I had the feeling that injuries occured more often with the previous patch already. So I assume there will be even more injuries now?

Just an experience I had so far, 2 days in the new season and already have 3 injuries in the 2nd game. The 3 players were not exhausted for the record, all 3 green fit.

Attached Files

Posted October 27, 2017 - 04:45 PM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1328 posts
  • 144 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

not sure if anything can be answered with any more details, how much things slow, what is too low (Still talking affiliate assignment)

my debate is i have a 19 yo 71 overall goalie. I can either leave him as a backup (i persume) to my 19 yo 75 goalie in aahl2 or send him to get him games in aahl3. I just have no idea how many they need to grow well or how the AI would divide the games or how much of a penalty aahl3 would be. so i am trying to just move him to be safe I guess

It's always better for a player to play games that being scratched on your main roster, regardless of league level.

I had the feeling that injuries occured more often with the previous patch already. So I assume there will be even more injuries now?

Just an experience I had so far, 2 days in the new season and already have 3 injuries in the 2nd game. The 3 players were not exhausted for the record, all 3 green fit.

It's not supposed to increase injuries for healthy players. I will monitor injuries to see if further adjustments is needed.

Posted October 30, 2017 - 01:54 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

3 in the same game... that's crazy. 

I'm 5 games in and already 2 injuries.  Just lost my #2 defenseman for 6 games.  Sure, my players are training Hard, but they were both FIT heading into each game and my lines are spread evenly.  I also feel like lower leagues suffer more.  GHL teams can at least regroup and as long as you finish top 8, you get to compete.  In the lower leagues, you really need to finish top 2 in order to promote, otherwise you got about a 10% chance of promoting via playoffs.

Posted October 31, 2017 - 04:06 AM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium

So injuries is something to monitor for sure. 

Just something I noticed as well, again not here to complain, training has been slowed down a lot.

If I compare it with previous patches the training is very slow and players don't pop that often.

Usually I had every 2 days a player that popped, I'll admit maybe a bit too fast.

Now we are 12 days in the new season (Biscuit) and only 2 players popped in my team.

For the record, I have 39 players and 20 of them are 25 years of age or younger and ambition is very high in my team.

Posted October 31, 2017 - 01:32 PM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium

It's always better for a player to play games that being scratched on your main roster, regardless of league level.

It's not supposed to increase injuries for healthy players. I will monitor injuries to see if further adjustments is needed.

Day 6 in the new season and injury number 4. One of my top 6 forwards out for 7 days, had green fit as all my players. Seems like a déjà vu from last season...

Posted October 31, 2017 - 03:18 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Just something I noticed as well, again not here to complain, training has been slowed down a lot.

If I compare it with previous patches the training is very slow and players don't pop that often.

I haven't noticed anything, but a couple of other managers who I chat with regularly have brought up that they thought it has slowed down.  Last year I actually tracked how fast the progression bars moved/increased for each separate attribute for every player.  I'll test this out over the next week and follow up with results - this season vs. last season.

Posted October 31, 2017 - 04:56 PM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1328 posts
  • 144 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Yes, injuries is a little too many right now. They will be decreased in an upcoming patch.

Development is supposed to slow down a bit with the latest release. That's to prevent too many players reaching unrealistic overalls.

Posted October 31, 2017 - 05:22 PM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium

Yes, injuries is a little too many right now. They will be decreased in an upcoming patch.

Development is supposed to slow down a bit with the latest release. That's to prevent too many players reaching unrealistic overalls.

Thanks Anders!

It's good that training development is slowed down but could it be a bit too much now?

Posted November 01, 2017 - 03:54 AM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSri Lanka

... but could it be a bit too much now?

I think before comparing fast and slow, we first have to determine what the longterm goal is.  Right now there are probably too many 90+ players in the league in all positions.  If we have rookies entering between 80-85 and expect them to have have 15+ year careers, to avoid all of them becoming "superstars", some will only go up 1 ovr per season and those that won't ever amount to 90+ even less, maybe only 1ovr every 2-3 seasons.

Not saying this is right or wrong, but the coding that needs to go into it.  

Unfortunately, some of us may have assumed the quick accession of players abilities would continue and have made player changes (trades, signings, drafts, etc) based on previous givens that may no longer be true.   

Posted November 01, 2017 - 04:42 AM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium

Unfortunately, some of us may have assumed the quick accession of players abilities would continue and have made player changes (trades, signings, drafts, etc) based on previous givens that may no longer be true.

This.

I like most of the changes but sometimes it's hard to adapt and pick a playstyle or strategy with it.

Posted November 04, 2017 - 02:28 PM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium
Any idea when the upcoming patch will go live, Anders?

Posted November 05, 2017 - 04:52 PM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1328 posts
  • 144 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

There have not been any drastic changes to player development, at least not so that you would need to change your strategies. First round picks are still very valuable, just don't expect every 3rd round pick to develop into GHL level players.

Any idea when the upcoming patch will go live, Anders?

I actually made a pre release of the next update a few days ago. This pre release will decrease the risk of some injuries. This pre release will also make computer teams protect their most valuable players in trades. More info regarding the next update will be available soon.

Posted November 05, 2017 - 06:47 PM

IneffableLeafs

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: July 2016
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCanada

Yeah, I haven't really noticed differences in player development.

In Dangles, I've had a player go up like 6 overalls so far, and great development across the board, but that's because most of my players haven't peaked yet (you can tell when they do, trust me).

In Fishbowl, most of my players are around their primes and veteran years, so development is more or less finished, and my prospects are developing steadily.

In Howitzer, it's the same story.

The problem in the GHL appears to be that 82 rated + players think they are too good for the AAHL affiliate level, but because player overalls are so inflated, in theory it could lead to slower growth, unless of course, you play your 82-87 rated prospects until they hit that oh so great 90 mark.

Posted November 06, 2017 - 01:52 AM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1328 posts
  • 144 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

The problem in the GHL appears to be that 82 rated + players think they are too good for the AAHL affiliate level, but because player overalls are so inflated, in theory it could lead to slower growth, unless of course, you play your 82-87 rated prospects until they hit that oh so great 90 mark.

Yes, that's the problem. The game is designed to have 85-overalls as the main core of every GHL team with a few stars on 90+.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users