Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: October 2017
Rep - Floater

Dear GM community,

I m creating this topic to get more info about promotion impact.

If my understanding of playoff is correct, I will be promoted to GHL next season. I would like to confirm the following point :

- 1 way contract after promotion (assignment to affiliate team)

I have players in SHL with 1 way contract clause who can t be assigned to my affiliated team. Once promoted to GHL, will this clause disappear ? Or will it remains applicable to BHL only making impossible to assign to affiliated team

- Promotion contract / salary raise

Basically I understand than any players without this clause can be released from his contract without penalties after promotion (am I right ?).

Players with this clause will be increased by 25% ?

Thanks in advance for your help to survive next season in the tough world of GHL :)

MANAGER OF THE CUBA CITY TOMAHAWKS

GHL GAME WORLD BISCUIT

Posted October 16, 2017 - 04:16 AM

Erzac

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

Can't help you with the first one, I'm curious about that myself.

As for the second question.

Answer to the first part is yes, contracts without a promotion clause will count as "Lower league contracts", and can be released without cap penalty.

For the second part, quoting from help files:

"A *promotion contract* clause will increase the player’s salary if his team is promoted to a higher league. The new salary is calculated so that the player will keep the same percentage salary cap impact. E.g. if the player’s salary was 10% of the cap limit in the previous league his new salary will be 10% of the new league’s salary cap.

However, if the new salary exceeds the base salary of the new league level the raise will instead become a 25% raise."

The same thread mentions this:
The typical salaries for the different leagues are:
* Golden Hockey League (GHL) - $2.000.000
* Silver Hockey League (SHL) -   $500.000
* Bronze Hockey League (BHL) -   $150.000
* Iron Hockey League (IHL) -    $50.000
* Lower Iron Hockey League (LIHL) -    $25.000

Then again, I'm not sure if these "typical salaries" equal the mentioned "base salary".

Posted October 16, 2017 - 04:31 AM

slapbak

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

thanks

really wants to know the first cause my current players won t sign an extension without this clause 1 way contract. But they are not good enough to play in GHL.

By the way will it be possible to make trade before the end of the season ?

GHL GAME WORLD BISCUIT

Posted October 16, 2017 - 11:57 AM

ColoKrabatt

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2017
Rep - Helpful

When I was promoted from IHL to BHL, I had almost every player with 1 way contract and after promotion that clause disappear. In my opinion it's fixed to league level when was sign. So when you trade that player back to lower level his contract will be again 1 way.

HOWITZER |GHL| OGDENSBURG BEASTS      ALL STAR  

DANGLES |GHL| KINGSTON KINGS

Posted October 16, 2017 - 08:06 PM

Wick Schozen

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: April 2016
Rep - Outstanding

If you sign the player to an extension the contract will kick in next season meaning the one way clause will come into effect the following season and they won't be able to be assigned. But an answer to your first question, one way clauses are removed once they reach the league above, so they will be able to be assigned if they still have term remaining on their contract.

Posted October 16, 2017 - 08:19 PM

slapbak

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

ok thanks.

Then better to avoid signing extension with one way clause in case of promotion.

Are the trades over for the season ?

GHL GAME WORLD BISCUIT

Posted October 16, 2017 - 08:51 PM

slapbak

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater
By the way in case of extension signed with Promotion contract clause, the raise of 25% will be applied in top of new salary ?

GHL GAME WORLD BISCUIT

Posted October 16, 2017 - 10:17 PM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Trades open back up sometime during the middle of the last day - though typically it's hard to find a trading partner for that small period. It's easiest just to wait until day 1 of the new season. Which world are you in?

Posted October 16, 2017 - 11:46 PM

slapbak

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

i m in World Biscuit

Basically i want to get rid of my players not good enough for GHL....

GHL GAME WORLD BISCUIT

Posted October 17, 2017 - 02:29 AM

slapbak

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

By the way in case of extension signed with Promotion contract clause, the raise of 25% will be applied in top of new salary ?

I ve just signed a 4.3M extension to my goalie with a promotion contract clause. Will it be raised by 25% or the new contract will start as if he was in the higher league (GHL)

GHL GAME WORLD BISCUIT

Posted October 17, 2017 - 06:27 AM

Erzac

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • 6 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

If you sign the player to an extension the contract will kick in next season meaning the one way clause will come into effect the following season and they won't be able to be assigned. But an answer to your first question, one way clauses are removed once they reach the league above, so they will be able to be assigned if they still have term remaining on their contract.

Actually, I'm certain the extension kicks in during the last few hours of a season, so all clauses will apply, (in this case, the 1-way clause will be removed, because of moving up).

For example, last season when I dropped to SHL, I had a 1-way contract running out, with a 2-way extension signed. The 2-way extension kicked in before the SHL season began, and I didn't lose the player. That player also received a 1-way clause and a promotion clause to his contract, as do all 2-way contracts when coming down a league level.

I ve just signed a 4.3M extension to my goalie with a promotion contract clause. Will it be raised by 25% or the new contract will start as if he was in the higher league (GHL)

The 4.3M should get a 25% raise, up to 5,375,000

Posted October 17, 2017 - 08:21 AM

slapbak

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

thanks for the advice - I will sign the extension with the 1 way clause (to back up a potential relegation next year :) )

and maybe cancel the 4,3M deal....

GHL GAME WORLD BISCUIT

Posted October 17, 2017 - 08:48 AM

Pingu

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2016
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium

If you give a player an extension when you are still in the SHL the contract counts on a SHL level.

The specials you put in the contract (e.g. Promotion clause or 1way) will be set into work on the turnover to the new season.

those players will have a new salary calculation and will be 2way. Making it possible to put them in affiliated.

Tomahawks?

Cheers

Posted October 17, 2017 - 11:05 AM

slapbak

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

Yep Tomahawks. 

GHL GAME WORLD BISCUIT

Posted January 02, 2018 - 08:34 AM

Balazs

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationHungary

Does the Promotion clause in a 1 year contract mean anything at all?

If I offer a new contract to my player, at the end of the season with a promotion clause, and my team has finished 2nd place, then the new 1 year contract sets to work in the next season, the promotion clause in his actual contract expires this year, the next clause expires at the end of the next year, so  this contract option doesn't trigger anything.

I think it only counts on multiyear contracts.

Posted January 02, 2018 - 09:05 AM

Erzac

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • 6 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

Next season's contracts do kick in at the very end of the current season (in a slightly confusing manner).

Basically, if you have a player that has an extension signed with a promotion clause, that will apply if you promote, no matter the length of the extension or what clauses the previous contract had.

Posted January 02, 2018 - 10:02 AM

Balazs

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationHungary

Thanks for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic