ncik

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: April 2016
Rep - Reliable

So there is a team in GHL Howitzer that has just shifted to being run by a computer. The team has a stud centerman that every team would be interested in acquiring. Full disclosure, I have submitted an offer as well, I'm not trying to yell to the masses on my high horse, I'm just as tainted as every other manager that is trying to acquire this player. 

The way I view this situation is that it is possible right now to acquire this player. I don't think any manager is submitting an offer with the intent of circumvent the rules of this game or cheat the game, myself included. It's purely that this player is going to be moved and in a competitive sense everyone would like to be on the receiving end of this transaction as opposed to seeing him go to someone they are competing with.

Now that being said I had conversations with the previous manager about what it would take to create a deal for this player and he flat out said he would never move him. So in that respect you could put this player's true value as immovable, so really we are all cheating by trying to acquiring because we feel we could make this deal go through because it is with a computer instead of an actual person managing this team.

I am fully aware that everything written above is a transparent attempt to try and validate myself making a deal for a player that would never be moved. I would sell my soul for a 20 year old franchise centerman. With that being the case, I don't like what this situation has created in terms of a bunch of managers whom we all communicate amongst each other, I haven't seen any of the other managers cheat the game, nor have I intentionally tried to. But we are all human and at our core we will cut down a neighbor's tree if we can get some more sunlight in our own yard. 

So my idea is for some form of a trade lock on computer GHL teams. These are teams that generally have a strong core, maybe a few prospects and those holy grail esque GHL draft picks. If there was a trade lock on GHL teams it would leave them open for experienced managers, maybe from a different game world, maybe managers looking for a new job or challenge, to come in and take control. At the very least maybe give a team like a twenty day (game world day) trade lock buffer after becoming a CPU so maybe a new manager can step in to acquire a team that is a true GHL team and not the carcass of what it once was.

**Few side notes, if you made it the whole way through, I'm sorry for my rambling. I didn't want my point or purpose to be misconstrued. Also I know the topic of computer trades is a hot debate, I am not trying to spark up another pissing match, I just thought that this particular situation should be addressed.**

ncik

Posted September 13, 2017 - 10:22 PM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

This post should really be in suggestions. Anyways...

I like the idea. A similar thing that I thought of when I abandoned the Cherhill Chieftens in Lumber to experiment in the LIHL would be is if the AI could players that I listed as untradeable and keep them there. Managers that make players untouchable usually have a good reason for doing so and it doesn't make much sense that the AI is then willing to trade the stud a few days later. To be direct, I am saying that the computer shouldn't unlist any players from the untradable block until their contract expires or is extended. At best, AI keeps the players that human managers wouldn't consider moving and at worst, everybody is locked up and it's impossible for the AI to make any trades. But if I think a little, I can recall that there were many managers asking for that in the past and so I see that problem as a non-issue.

Posted September 14, 2017 - 02:44 AM

GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1257 posts
  • 138 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Yes, the computer trading has been discussed for a long time now. And there have actually been quite many improvements made over the last year. A computer team will demand more quality players in return, they will reject most trades involving too many players and they will not make too many trades each season.

Computer teams actually do put players on the untouchable list from time to time, however this logic can be improved further and is something I will look closer into for the upcoming release. Maybe that would solve future scenarios like the one you're describing.

Thanks for your feedback!

Posted September 14, 2017 - 10:49 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 307 posts
  • 12 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Reliable

This post should really be in suggestions. Anyways...

Good idea! :)

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | IHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted September 16, 2017 - 04:31 PM

ncik

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: April 2016
Rep - Reliable

update on the team referenced. They now have a new manager, but in the 5 game days they went with a computer gm they were gutted for their first round pick, their 20 year old first line center and their 23 year old second line center. Majority of the return was aging veterans on expiring contracts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users