Photo

The first Official Cursed Franchise Challenge!

• Please log in to reply

Posted September 09, 2017 - 01:16 PM

Big-Bobby Clobber

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Reliable
     Ladies and germs, and most specifically,
 all of the GHL managers who were boasting how great they are in these forums a few months ago. 

We will be abandoning our Cursed franchise: Culdesac Valkyries (SHL).
After 21 years of failure to promote from the SHL to GHL; we give up. 

Muscled-out of 2nd place with 2 games left, by a franchise with 9 lvl90+ players, 
then drop-kicked in the playoffs by a team with lvl 78 and 80 centres,low yellow team winner-instinct, 
and their best two D-men injured.  Oh you say: just a stroke of bad luck. Wrong.  
It's been similar uncanny, unbelievable bad luck for 21 frigging seasons.  
Including another one after being in 2nd all season, losing game 60 to the 16th place team to fall into 3rd, then again bounced by the 6th place team in the playoffs.  
Also multiple other playoff debacles, untimely injuries, monkeys in the dressing-room, you name it.  

So: we give-up.  We will abandon the team, and try to get the 16th place team in the LIHL to start-over again. 
 Here is your challenge: take-over this Cursed franchise, and prove without any doubt, 
and for all to behold, that you are indeed the best GPHM manager in all of Lumber. 
You will have to abandon your GHL team, and no: we don't want it.

Send us an in-game message, to express your interest, or ask any questions.

Posted September 09, 2017 - 02:36 PM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • 8 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Lol, you've been so close so many times! Although I doubt you will get the 16th place LIHL team. The manager designed the team to get 0 points probably to raise a team from "nothing". The Uniontown Wolves (15th place) is currently available. Good luck with your new endeavor!

Posted September 10, 2017 - 04:51 PM

Big-Bobby Clobber

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • 6 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Well: zero interest so far.  I understand it's not easy for a GHL manager to drop his team.  We kinda get attached to our teams.  

Probably more interested in zooming-in and sweeping-up the good players, once it goes to an AI team. 

Posted September 11, 2017 - 04:43 PM

Scorevat53

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Helpful

I've kept track of your team for a while now, and you guys are actually cursed. Another team that's cursed is the Medicine Hat Assassins, they cant win a championship if their franchise depended on it. A few 1-0 leads in the championship, just to lose in 3 games. I wish them luck in the future, as I really respect their manager.

Posted September 11, 2017 - 05:34 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • 12 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Reliable
Bruh, jabs coming from everywhere now ;P

In the chat, forums.....

Posted September 11, 2017 - 10:41 PM

Scorevat53

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Helpful
We gotta jab you early, watch you win the next 3 championships...lol

Posted September 13, 2017 - 03:53 PM

bhandsome08

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2017
Rep - Helpful

Damn, I thought I had bad luck. 

This season I am thinking of going Stealth's route of using only one goalie the whole season and see if that makes a difference.

Posted September 14, 2017 - 11:36 PM

neuralhandshake

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: May 2016
Rep - Helpful

Steam Profile

I want to see the Valks stick with it! You can make the GHL. I have faith. I was really rooting for you last season. We both came up through the SHL at about the same time, I just managed to auto promote, so I've always considered you like a sister team haha.

Best of luck!

Posted September 15, 2017 - 10:35 AM

Big-Bobby Clobber

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • 6 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Thanks Neural.  You are very generous with your kindness, and that is a wonderful quality. 

The team is currently being co-directed by: Jeff, the Zamboni driver, and; Chuck.

Chuck is a 48 year-old poutine-eater, who has never played hockey since pee-wee, and neither coached nor managed a team before. But he is a lifelong fan, who likes to call-in to sports-talk radio shows, and tell them all what the GM's should be doing. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users