Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

I started looking into team/city locations out of curiosity.  Being a visual guy who digs graphics, I decided to pull a map together.  Below is a map of all GHL teams.    If I get more free time I may do SHL/BHL.  Enjoy.

Attached File  Biscuit GHL Map.png   257.35KB   3 downloads

Posted September 09, 2017 - 07:03 AM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: August 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBelgium
Nice work Paul! Eastern conference is huge, haha

Posted September 09, 2017 - 01:02 PM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

Awesome work, thanks! But I'm not sure that some managers even know, where their town is. West Chicago is easy, but some looks like they have been picked up only by name :) But very nice map anyway.

I would be great to see also a map of counties from where the managers are.

Posted September 09, 2017 - 01:12 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Awesome work, thanks! But I'm not sure that some managers even know, where their town is. West Chicago is easy, but some looks like they have been picked up only by name :) But very nice map anyway.

I would be great to see also a map of counties from where the managers are.

Yes, this is purely based on the team's selected city, not where the actual manager is located.  That's what got me thinking about it - I had no idea where Deferiet was.  Turns out it is in NY.  I figured I'd do the GHL first since most managers remain with their teams and the city isn't changed too often.  With all the managers on holiday in BHL, who will probably get fired soon, it would have to be updated multiple times per season.  Maybe I'll just keep the GHL updated year over year... that will give me some incentive to promote!

Posted September 09, 2017 - 01:26 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 387 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

This map is awesome!  Although I'm a little biased since I'm a Geography major. :)

And yes, Deferiet is a tiny...and I mean *tiny*...town in Upstate New York, not far from the Thousand Islands and the Canadian Border.

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | SHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted September 09, 2017 - 01:53 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

This map is awesome!  Although I'm a little biased since I'm a Geography major. :)

And yes, Deferiet is a tiny...and I mean *tiny*...town in Upstate New York, not far from the Thousand Islands and the Canadian Border.

Judging by your NY knowledge and Eichel jersey, I'm guessing you are from that area and a Sabres fan?  I'm from Boston so I got to see Eichel play in college at BU a few times.  Kid is an absolute stud!!  Can't help but root for him, despite being a Bruins fan...

Posted September 09, 2017 - 02:31 PM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

I think that I'm going to copy this for Fishbowl!

Posted September 10, 2017 - 07:38 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

Btw, Paul - are the GHL towns and cities unique in US/Canada? Because I know that some names are quite often, for example Springfield is in many states (and TV series :D).

Posted September 10, 2017 - 08:24 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Btw, Paul - are the GHL towns and cities unique in US/Canada? Because I know that some names are quite often, for example Springfield is in many states (and TV series :D).

Good question.  Some of them are unique.  For most of them, even when there are multiple cities with the same name, it is clear which city is being referenced.  There were 3-4 that I was unsure of, so I took the city with the largest population.

Posted September 10, 2017 - 11:43 AM

jusatin

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 338 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: July 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

Steam Profile

That's really great to see, thanks for the effort! I guess this explains some of the weird outcomes of the games when you need to travel across the continent in less than 24 hours. Would make anyone tired!

Posted September 10, 2017 - 11:52 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSri Lanka

I'm shocked you found Eldred (my hometown!) even on a Google map!  I'm more shocked that it was included in Ander's name list since I think it might be about the size of Defereit with zero hockey connection.   

Posted September 11, 2017 - 12:47 AM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 387 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Judging by your NY knowledge and Eichel jersey, I'm guessing you are from that area and a Sabres fan?  I'm from Boston so I got to see Eichel play in college at BU a few times.  Kid is an absolute stud!!  Can't help but root for him, despite being a Bruins fan...

Indeed :)

I grew up in Jersey (a Rangers fan), but ever since I moved to Syracuse and Rochester, I've become a Sabres fan.

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | SHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users