Marque Berge20

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Floater

I think supporting the game is very nice but when i pay i like to get something more in return. Not just a nice pic next to my name... Right now the benefits of being a supporter dont make me want to get it. Being able to change jersey number or mascot or being on a focus group is not really necessary... Also , i did not see much improvements in the game at all since i started playing few years ago. This also does not help. Why not try improve the game menus , graphics , let us make our own arena , sell stuff with restaurant and souvenirs shop , see the live game scoring and description and gameplay , see the players face ,  and such options ? Also improve the loading time which is very slow sometimes... Theres also some bugs that never been corrected that people talk in other messages here. If i see real improvements , i might be more interested to put money in. The game looks always the same to me and dont seem to improve with time at all. Yes its nice put new leagues but the game is always the same thing and this is not an improvement to me. Insted of putting money in to make more leagues , it would be better used to really improve the game itself and not just have more teams and more leagues.

Posted September 11, 2017 - 05:25 AM

jusatin

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 336 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: July 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

Steam Profile

I think supporting the game is very nice but when i pay i like to get something more in return. Not just a nice pic next to my name... Right now the benefits of being a supporter dont make me want to get it. Being able to change jersey number or mascot or being on a focus group is not really necessary... Also , i did not see much improvements in the game at all since i started playing few years ago. This also does not help. Why not try improve the game menus , graphics , let us make our own arena , sell stuff with restaurant and souvenirs shop , see the live game scoring and description and gameplay , see the players face ,  and such options ? Also improve the loading time which is very slow sometimes... Theres also some bugs that never been corrected that people talk in other messages here. If i see real improvements , i might be more interested to put money in. The game looks always the same to me and dont seem to improve with time at all. Yes its nice put new leagues but the game is always the same thing and this is not an improvement to me. Insted of putting money in to make more leagues , it would be better used to really improve the game itself and not just have more teams and more leagues.

To be honest I couldn't agree less with you. If you are telling me there hasn't been any progress then I'd say you haven't paid really close attention to the game, numerous new options have been added to the game and features have been made better and new ones included. It is true that graphically the game hasn't changed but I don't think that's a main priority.

One thing we agree that should be changed is the speed of the servers, which these support payments are going towards. Server upkeep is a big cost every month and us helping Anders with that makes it easier for him to move to better servers. That's why it's called supporting, not buying extra features or anything like that.

Posted September 11, 2017 - 04:18 PM

GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1328 posts
  • 144 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

I think supporting the game is very nice but when i pay i like to get something more in return. Not just a nice pic next to my name... Right now the benefits of being a supporter dont make me want to get it.

Thank you for your feedback. Here’s a few comments to give my point of view. 

As Jusatin points out the current features of the All Star account may not be the only reason for someone to support the game. I agree that it may not be enough features to justify the cost. At least not right now, but more features will however be added continuously as mentioned in this blog post

Since the beta is free to play, those who chose to support is vital to keep this game alive. If enough people supports the game I can improve server performance and free more of my time to develop even more features. Developing this game on spare time alone, it's hard the other way around.

So my hopes are that people enjoys what they're already getting for free and think that it's worth supporting $1/month to help keep the game alive.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not looking to force anyone to support the game. It’s totally up to everyone to decide for themselves. Either way, I’m truly grateful for everyone playing this game, supporting or not.

Thanks again for your feedback and suggestions!

Posted October 05, 2017 - 09:29 PM

Walter Donaldson

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: December 2016
Rep - Floater

My issue with this is, I am a BETA user, so why don't BETA users get the full game free, considering we've been playing the game longer, than any new players who buy in. I've been playing for over a year but now its forced on me that I have to pay to continue doing what I was doing a year ago. 

Posted October 06, 2017 - 12:09 AM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

My issue with this is, I am a BETA user, so why don't BETA users get the full game free, considering we've been playing the game longer, than any new players who buy in. I've been playing for over a year but now its forced on me that I have to pay to continue doing what I was doing a year ago. 

I mean it's not pay-to-win and none of the paid features do anything asides from aesthetics. None-donators only lost the ability to change a players number which is something I personally almost never do. Don't look at it as though we're buying the game, but are supporting Anders in keeping this game alive and paying his server costs.

Posted October 06, 2017 - 03:58 AM

Mattti0

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationFinland

I agree what Matt said.

Also, why should beta users get the "full game" free? If you get invited to some closed beta or join open beta of game from some big game house you don't get the game free.

Posted October 10, 2017 - 05:53 AM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSri Lanka

Agreed.  Most of us supporters were around in pre-beta or whatever the very early days were called and have been playing for over two years, but are often the first ones that offered support (now and during the Kickstarter campaign last year).  I personally don't care about the benefits, but look at it as paying pennies to support my addiction!  If you figure out $3.50 per month for the number of hours you probably put into a month, it's cheaper than practically anything other than staring at the wall, but only if you keep the lights off.  

Posted October 10, 2017 - 07:18 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

It's cheaper than drugs, that's for sure! :)

Posted October 11, 2017 - 04:06 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 370 posts
  • 13 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

It's cheaper than drugs, that's for sure! :)

Wow, that's an interesting way to put it! :D

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | GHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted December 07, 2017 - 12:17 AM

Big-Bobby Clobber

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Reliable

Hi.

Haven't had the proper All-Star status since the beginning of November.  Waited until the first of December to see if the payment went through, and it did. But still no star. 

How is a busy GM supposed to go-about the very urgent work of changing the players numbers every game?  :rolleyes:

Posted December 07, 2017 - 01:33 AM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 370 posts
  • 13 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Hey BBC, drop a line to support@gameplanhockey.com, you may get a quicker response from Anders and Glawing that way.

Manager of:

Posted February 11, 2018 - 01:04 PM

Deadwing

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Floater

I checked this game out this weekend as I noticed a lot of familiar names from Hockey Dynasty forum here, so I figured there has to something good going on. Well, looks like there certainly is, and as of today, I've become a monthly pledger. I want to support a good thing, but I also like all the fluff that comes with it (assigning numbers and editing details). I'm starting from the bottom of LIHL, playing normal speed. Hopefully in time I'll find myself fighting for championships at the upper tiers.

How long does it generally take to get the all star goodies?

Posted February 11, 2018 - 06:19 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 370 posts
  • 13 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Welcome, Deadwing, glad to have you on board!  There is something very gratifying about starting in LIHL and working yourself up to the top.

Your All-Star status should take effect as soon as the administrators verify your pledge.  If you donated via PayPal instead of Patreon, send an email to support@gameplanhockey.com, that will get a quicker response.

Manager of:

Posted February 12, 2018 - 11:06 AM

Deadwing

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Floater

Welcome, Deadwing, glad to have you on board!  There is something very gratifying about starting in LIHL and working yourself up to the top.

Your All-Star status should take effect as soon as the administrators verify your pledge.  If you donated via PayPal instead of Patreon, send an email to support@gameplanhockey.com, that will get a quicker response.

Thank you for the response, I used Patreon. It looks like my pledge was verified overnight and I'm all good now. Good times ahead! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users