GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1328 posts
  • 144 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Want to support the game and help us drop the beta status? We're now available on Patreon.com! Any monthly pledge will be highly appreciated!

Check this blog post for more info:

Link to our Patreon page:

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them in this topic!

Thanks for considering supporting the game!

Posted August 19, 2017 - 02:02 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

I like the game, all the development and I'm actually thinking about supporting here. But terminology is a bit unfortunate with all the beta and official releases (Kickstarter and here). I would suggest to drop it completely - why to bother with such terms, the game is working and asking for support is just fine. You don't have to ask for funding to make official each year.

Posted August 19, 2017 - 05:06 AM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1328 posts
  • 144 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden
You're absolutely right. The terminology is unfortunate. That's why I also included the deja vu section in the blog post. But basically what we are aiming for is the possibility to open more game worlds. As of right now there's only a fixed number of open spots available which prevents new users joining the game. The last Kickstarter campaign allowed me to buy a new web server to run the current game worlds more sufficient.

But as you said, perhaps we shouldn't talk about beta and official release. It might be too confusing. Thanks for your feedback.

Posted August 19, 2017 - 07:35 AM

fangwall

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationCanada

Steam Profile

Hi Anders,

I'm happy to support your continuing efforts, but I'd prefer to support more fast speed leagues.  Also, there are still a few bugs.   Team history shows computer instead of the owner.  When you check stats under Bks it doesn't rank things.

The affiliate issue needs to be resolved.  A simple waiver system would be good.

Better AI for those of us that prefer playing and dealing with CPU teams.

Happy to contribute, but would like to see at least one new fast and lightning league. 

Posted August 19, 2017 - 09:05 AM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1328 posts
  • 144 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden
Thanks! The goal is to always have enough open spots in each of Slow, Normal and Fast game world types. So there will most certainly be another fast world soon. Can't make any promises regarding Lightning worlds though. This will depend on the performance of the hosting environment.

Of course, bug fixes will come first. I'm currently working on the second release of affiliate teams. This will include a number of bug fixes too.

Posted August 20, 2017 - 11:33 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

I am interested in supporting.  Is it possible to make a one-time commitment upfront (say 6 months or 1 year) - or would a monthly donation keep things a bit more simple and easier to manage?

Posted August 20, 2017 - 12:44 PM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1328 posts
  • 144 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

I am interested in supporting.  Is it possible to make a one-time commitment upfront (say 6 months or 1 year) - or would a monthly donation keep things a bit more simple and easier to manage?

A monthly donation makes it easier for me to budget the running costs. But you can of course make a one time donation too, just use the PayPal donate button found at the bottom of the site. You'll get a month of all star access for every $3.50 donated. If you use the PayPal option you must email to support@gameplanhockey.com afterwords to get your reward.

Thanks!

Posted August 21, 2017 - 06:51 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • 6 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

I just tried Patreon, but I was quite surprised I have to pay also tax in my country. Sounds weird. I assume if I use Paypal donation directly (it laso can be done monthly), the full amount will reach you without paying taxes, right?

Posted August 21, 2017 - 11:10 AM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1328 posts
  • 144 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden
Thanks! I'm obligated to report any extra income and pay tax if required in my country either way. So it doesn't matter if you use Patreon or PayPal. But you who donates money shouldn't be forced to pay any extra tax.

Posted August 21, 2017 - 03:54 PM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • 6 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

Yes, that I understand. But atm it seems I will be paying my homeland tax - vat (Czech Republic, 21% - so to send you 1 usd, I will pay 1.21 usd) and you then will pay tax from the income (not sure how much, but say 25% and thus you will get 0.75 usd from my 1.21 usd - that is simply a lot taxes to live with). If there something I cannot withstand, it is double taxing.

edit:

I have done a bit of reading and it is ok, you will be tax free:

https://patreon.zend...ork-on-Patreon-

That is fine with me, just don't pay anything extra from the Patreon income, it has been already taxed for EU citizens and according to that page they will handle also the rest (non-EU).

edit2: Wow, since when Peru is a EU state? LOL

Posted August 23, 2017 - 12:12 AM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSri Lanka

We're up to 9.  I'm posting mostly just to get this thread higher in the active lists.  If everyone in GHL Biscuit committed to the All-Star level, you could meet your monthly hosting costs!  Just saying guys....   :)  

Posted August 23, 2017 - 08:08 PM

wushuguy

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2017
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationToronto

I am supporting at an all-star level but haven't received a reward yet.  

What would the process be from this point forward?  

Posted August 23, 2017 - 08:13 PM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Unless I'm mistaken, the all-star badge and whatever else will appear September 1st.

edit: I might be wrong, but I swear that something said Sept. 1 the first time I read everything. Although I could be mistaking it for something else.

Posted August 23, 2017 - 08:37 PM

wushuguy

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationToronto

Unless I'm mistaken, the all-star badge and whatever else will appear September 1st.

edit: I might be wrong, but I swear that something said Sept. 1 the first time I read everything. Although I could be mistaking it for something else.

From what i see, it looks like the charges will occur on the 1st of September and on the 1st each month moving forward.  But I'm not sure if any charge has occurred already.  If so, I'd expect all-star to be immediate once the first confirmed payment comes in.  

Posted August 24, 2017 - 01:27 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • 6 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

No charges yet, first charge will be on September 1st (if you are Patreon). 

I guess you will get the all-star account (the old one) then. And new all-star account and features are being developed - from what I understood.

Posted August 24, 2017 - 01:39 AM

wushuguy

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationToronto

No charges yet, first charge will be on September 1st (if you are Patreon). 

I guess you will get the all-star account (the old one) then. And new all-star account and features are being developed - from what I understood.

Fair enough.  I'm fine with that!  I just wonder if that means we can get some jersey customization etc.  

Posted August 25, 2017 - 09:07 AM

jusatin

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 336 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: July 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

Steam Profile

Fair enough.  I'm fine with that!  I just wonder if that means we can get some jersey customization etc.  

If you are a patreon supporter you should have received an email that gives a little more information about the new All-Star account and the rewards that come with it. Jersey customization being one of them. If you are supporting through PayPal let me know and I can send you the same text via DM.

Posted August 25, 2017 - 09:30 AM

wushuguy

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationToronto

If you are a patreon supporter you should have received an email that gives a little more information about the new All-Star account and the rewards that come with it. Jersey customization being one of them. If you are supporting through PayPal let me know and I can send you the same text via DM.

Hm I didn't get that email

Posted August 25, 2017 - 09:48 AM

jusatin

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 336 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: July 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

Steam Profile

You can also see the update when logged in the Patreon page, posted on 22nd of October if you didn't receive the email. Although the information there isn't anything you probably wouldn't know by now. Basically it says that All-Star accounts are coming soon and thanks for support. heh :)

Posted September 01, 2017 - 05:53 AM

fangwall

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationCanada

Steam Profile

I just sent some cash via paypal.   I'm not big on multiple payment streams with my info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users