Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Good luck everybody!

Also 4/5 of the top 5 prospects are goalies, so if you need a young goalie, I guess this would be the year that you could try and pick one up.

Posted August 31, 2017 - 08:58 PM

IneffableLeafs

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: July 2016
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCanada
Certainly was not expecting my team to be holding down 1st at this point of the season (or any point, to be fair).

A long term injury to my 3rd line winger might spell the end of my reign in 1st though.

How is season 10 going for others? Up to par? Above expectations? Below expectations?

Posted September 01, 2017 - 12:27 AM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 13 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

For myself, it's hard to say; I've won just over half my games but am in 11th place. I've just completed a trade with the Cyclones to finish breaking apart a failing line. A few days ago I've replaced the 5'5" center with someone a lot bigger, albeit worse in the stats, and the trade with the Cyclones got me a right winger with better physicality, speed and defense in exchange for a lefty with better playmaking traits. Hopefully, that line can finally turn it around.

As for my plans for the remainder of the seasons now that I sort of know how my team compares to everyone else's, I hope to finish just outside the playoffs as there are a couple prospects I am eyeing that should end up in that range. And my goal next season is to finally have the pieces that can keep my team competitive for multiple seasons.

Posted September 12, 2017 - 08:05 PM

IneffableLeafs

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCanada
We're halfway through the season, and seeing the emergence of so many good center prospects, I may just move into tank mode this year. The expected fall from grace happened, and I've fallen to 6th now.

Posted September 12, 2017 - 08:22 PM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 13 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

I'm prepared to swap backups if you really want to tank and save 1mil. I guarantee that he'll lose half the games he plays while keeping your starter tired do to having to play most of a game anyway.

I do like that all those top goaltending prospects fell from the top ranks of the draft rankings, and I don't have any young, promising centers. This will be a good draft if I lose my losing streak and not get relegated.

Posted September 21, 2017 - 03:13 PM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 13 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

This season is pretty close in the GHL. Most teams are a game away from jumping or falling a few spots. And a small streak of bad luck could put any of the bottom 9 teams into relegation spot and there are still a number of teams that have a realistic chance for the #1 spot. I can't wait to see how it plays out.

Posted September 21, 2017 - 06:23 PM

IneffableLeafs

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCanada

I agree, it's pretty close.

Forward Osman Bonnier and goalie Chris McCready are leading the way for 1st place Urbancrest, with the most points and highest save percentage, respectively.

The usual suspects still make up 2nd-4th, with Larson surprisingly in 4th. Could this be the season where they don't win the league?

My team is doing quite well in 5th now, having stabilized after a rapid drop from 1st to 6th earlier in the season. However, we aren't really poised for long term success, but my two first round picks and 2nd round pick should help with that, as this looks like a good draft.

The computer controlled Jolly Rattlers have also played quite well having a CPU manager, with no fall from grace yet. Although, unless there is a takeover soon, this team could be the next New Hartford Rangers or Canuck Mighty Rhinos, which would be sad.

Good luck for the final 20 games all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users