Baden

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Reliable

We are on a Tear! but........ my Arch rival awaits!

Posted September 07, 2017 - 05:12 PM

TheWeekKnights

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: June 2016
Rep - Reliable

6 games left, and I need 3 more points to guarantee I don't need to play in the GHL relegation playoffs again.  My prospects are panning out and it looks like I'll be competitive in for the next few years!  I'm even in the last playoff spot right now!  It's been a good year. 

Posted September 08, 2017 - 01:41 AM

Smashvilles4Realz

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

It's been a wild season in the IHL and my Cherokees are walking a tight rope. Coming down the stretch and clinging to 3rd place, we've been active in the trade market looking to make some upgrades and add some depth. The team called up 1st round draft pick Victor Skvortsov for a cup of coffee, and he bangs home 2 goals from the 4th line, including the game winner! I guess he's earned himself a 2nd game. And with Baden's Skyline breathing down my neck, we're going to need some guys to step up and have a big game. Game 4's tonight with a lot on the line in these tight standings...Best of luck!

Posted September 08, 2017 - 11:13 AM

Baden

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Those Cherokees....lol..... Standings are tight but I'm guaranteed to at least stay in IHL which is ok by me.A playoff run would be fun tho GL all!

Posted September 08, 2017 - 12:45 PM

Xipie

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: September 2017
Rep - Floater
  • LocationCologne

GL guys, it's crunch time!  :D

Posted September 09, 2017 - 09:04 AM

Baden

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable

3 Games left 7th spot...technically tied for 6th but Disaster has more wins.No matter the out come we've had a great season. Spent a bit of time in 1st spot which was fun. We've got a strong core and will be very competitive next season....and should we sneak into the playoffs will be very dangerous. GL all ( yes even the Cherokees lol ) 

Posted September 09, 2017 - 01:05 PM

Smashvilles4Realz

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

Aww schucks, thanks lol. Looks like my season finale is... you guess it...Dunkirk Disaster. That means Badens playoff hopes may be in my hands? Better get out your lucky Tariq Lima bobblehead and hope the Cherokees can pull out a win for ya! Finish strong and see u n the playoffs!!

Posted September 09, 2017 - 04:24 PM

EXXEO

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
Where the heck did GregJ go?

Posted September 10, 2017 - 01:04 PM

Baden

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable

last Game! Go Cherokees!

Posted September 10, 2017 - 03:18 PM

Baden

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable

So last game...... need Dunkirk to lose....they don't ... ( damn you Cherokees!...lol ) ...they win Regulation....what does this mean..... we were 2 pts ahead of Dunkirk for last playoff spot....with the win they get 3 now are 1 ahead of us. we can't lose not even overtime Dunkirk has more wins! our Game goes to Overtime.... Then a shootout! Vincent Bougrette-Dufort scores! we make the playoffs! We go 11-2 in our last 13 games .....WOW!....Go Skyline!

Posted September 10, 2017 - 03:22 PM

TheWeekKnights

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: June 2016
Rep - Reliable

Wow, I don't think I've seen so much drama in the last game before! Best of luck in the playoffs!

Posted September 10, 2017 - 08:06 PM

Baden

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable

@ TheWeekKnights  Thanks It was fun waiting for this to go down. I like being in the playoffs... even relegation...hopefully we do well... I'd like to win the first round but I don't think my team is strong enuff to make the next jump to BHL.... but I won't complain if we do LOL. Good luck yerself ....GHL is a tough league. getting to the playoffs is great. to know you'll be there next season must be satisfying. I'll be watching the playoffs...again...good luck!  

Posted September 10, 2017 - 10:42 PM

Smashvilles4Realz

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

That was fun. What a good season. I'm looking forward to another one in the IHL. Also looking forward to these playoffs. Should be a fun ride. Best of luck to everyone!!

Posted September 11, 2017 - 01:56 PM

Baden

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable

@smashvilles4realz GL yerself it was a fun season.... there is a chance we both make the jump!

Posted September 11, 2017 - 04:49 PM

GregJ

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: March 2017
Rep - Reliable

lol Exxeo, I haven't gone anywhere. Maybe you mean my team?

... still learning the ropes in SHL. Looks like my team is going to be watered down a bit, with players on outgoing contracts averting their eyes when I enter the room. Also their agents won't return my calls.

But whatever. I've come to the conclusion that SHL is where you need to finally commit long-term to prospect development to get anywhere close to GHL. So looks like I'm on the long road. Oh well, time for heads-down management :)

Posted September 11, 2017 - 09:46 PM

EXXEO

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
It's a tough road to the GHL right now - staying there is even more difficult. Keep plugging away at it and draft well - that's huge!

Posted September 12, 2017 - 10:26 AM

GregJ

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Silver lining: I signed a boner for next season! (Rayan Bonar)

http://www.gameplanh...ayer?gpid=39698

Posted September 12, 2017 - 04:53 PM

thebob89

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Floater
What a start to the GHL playoffs eh? 1st and 2nd in the regular season knocked out in the first round! Could we see a 7v8 GHL final?
@theweekknights I like your chances against Edgewood! Don’t know whether my Blue can take on the Wild Wings though, we went 1-3 against them this season!

Posted September 12, 2017 - 07:48 PM

Baden

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Somehow we pulled it off... next round of the Playoffs! Now We have to face Mountain City Dragons! They don't have 1 player under 70! This could be bad lol ! I'm proud of my team and no matter what happens this season was a success! I would be stressing a little If I was Peter T.3 If somehow we manage to beat them all but 3 of their Roster would be cut because of 1W contracts!

Posted September 12, 2017 - 09:51 PM

GregJ

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Go Skyline!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users