Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationCzech Republic

Maybe your team is full of injury prone players... are they named Letang or something like that? :)

Posted September 25, 2017 - 07:56 PM

Paul T

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBOSTON

Maybe your team is full of injury prone players... are they named Letang or something like that? :)

Haha... I was thinking that.  But then I realized that guys who were able to play a full 60 games last season are suffering long term injuries this year.  Sorry to keep posting the injuries in this thread.  I just checked my play by play from last game and to add insult to injury, my player was injured with 30 seconds left in the game... and below are the sequence of events... wins faceoff/gets hurt/takes shot/game over.

Attached File  9-25-2017 8-51-33 PM.png   28.69KB   0 downloads

Posted September 26, 2017 - 01:53 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationCzech Republic

Haha, too many things done at the same time => injury. The report is only by 30s steps, but I thought the sequence is right - here it looks a bit odd, maybe it is just randomly written in the span of the 30s. 

I agree it is strange if they were able to play 60 games last season. I have some injury prone players that tends to have long term injuries almost every season, but I guess that cannot be explanation to all your injuries. Maybe bad luck or there are really more injuries in the game even I didn't notice anything in my team.

Posted September 26, 2017 - 03:00 AM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: August 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium

Haha, too many things done at the same time => injury. The report is only by 30s steps, but I thought the sequence is right - here it looks a bit odd, maybe it is just randomly written in the span of the 30s. 

I agree it is strange if they were able to play 60 games last season. I have some injury prone players that tends to have long term injuries almost every season, but I guess that cannot be explanation to all your injuries. Maybe bad luck or there are really more injuries in the game even I didn't notice anything in my team.

To be honest I really think you are blessed with an amazing team regarding injuries and retirement and a lot more as well. You are dominating the league for a long time now. We should change from Biscuit to Gameworld Protons ;-)

You got your top players in an unusual way but that's a long time ago now, about the same time you started dominating our league. I'm sure you regret that and this is not bashing your way, absolutely not. You are a very good manager and I appreciate your opinions and presence. 

Posted September 26, 2017 - 11:26 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationCzech Republic

Thanks. Yes, I regret some of the moves I did around S3. I hope some of those players will retire soon and new phase of my team begin. Honestly, I don't get this season. Yes, I was dominating the league for most of the time since S4, but I was also expecting this league to be more balanced this season. With Protons, Vandals, Minutemen in top places, but within few points from the rest of playoff teams. Thus, I'm quite shocked how my team is doing this season. 47 games and only 4 losses. My OT/SO was never very good (before this season I had more OT losses than wins) and now I have 7-0 for OT/SO. And yes, I have also very good season injury-wise so far. My team is great and I think my tactics works, but this is rather luck that might wear off (maybe already during playoffs) and next season will be already interesting as I don't know if I will be able to keep all my players and how I will solve the goalie situation in my team.

Posted September 26, 2017 - 03:06 PM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: August 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium
It's a very strange season for the rest of the league. Everything is packed within a few points and even the 15th place can make the playoffs. In this stage of the competition that is unlikely.

Some teams are really stepping up and others are failing. This season even more than other seasons.

I don't think it's only luck bouncer. When you are playing like this it can't only be luck. Kudos to you and your team. It's going to be interesting to see next season and the season after.

Posted September 27, 2017 - 06:23 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationCzech Republic

Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying without luck I would be 8th, but this season is so far too perfect. I might do better than S7, when I had 150 points. And I know my team is not better compared to rest of the league now - maybe in experience, but skill-wise it is more even each season. That's why I'm not surprised by this:

Everything is packed within a few points and even the 15th place can make the playoffs.

That is something I was expecting, but with me included with few points ahead.

Posted September 27, 2017 - 03:10 PM

Paul T

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBOSTON

With 11 games remaining in S11, the Biscuit single season team points record is on watch for two separate leagues.

GHL

The Protons currently have 128 points and are looking to break their own single season record of 150 points set in S7.  (potential points 161)

BHL

The record of 153 points is currently shared by two teams - Grizzlies in S1 and Rhinos in S6.

The Panthers currently have 131 points and have won 31 of their last 32 games.  (potential points 164)

The Troopers currently have 128 points and are not far behind.  (potential points 161)

/\ /\

And if it wasn't for those two Sons of B's, I would be feeling pretty confident about promotion right about now.

Posted October 08, 2017 - 02:36 PM

Erzac

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationFinland

Managed to squeeze out a new SHL record with 149 points. Hopefully the form carries over into GHL.

Posted October 08, 2017 - 03:25 PM

Paul T

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBOSTON

Managed to squeeze out a new SHL record with 149 points. Hopefully the form carries over into GHL.

Nice.  I must have missed that earlier.  Congrats!

As a follow up to my post above, the Highland Troopers ended up breaking the BHL record with 158 points.  Congrats to Ozzy.

I ended up with the 3rd highest point total in Biscuit this season.  Unfortunately the top 2 teams were also in BHL, so I'll have to try and promote via playoffs. 

Posted October 12, 2017 - 12:48 PM

Paul T

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBOSTON

Alright!  I made it through the BHL playoffs this year.  I'm looking forward to seeing how my team stacks up with an SHL team.  On paper I look like an extreme underdog.  And I'm not sure whether I should be bummed out that my 2nd line Center is injured another 4 games and will miss the remainder of the playoffs, or excited that I only have 1 major injury at this point.

Posted October 17, 2017 - 09:02 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationSri Lanka
New Sheriff in town!?!? Well done Xavier with the upset 2-0 sweep of Protons! Don't think anyone would have predicted that two weeks ago!

Also, the dude's got THREE 1st round picks coming his way to add to an already stacked lineup. We've helped create a monster.

Posted October 17, 2017 - 09:57 PM

xZhou

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Helpful

New Sheriff in town!?!? Well done Xavier with the upset 2-0 sweep of Protons! Don't think anyone would have predicted that two weeks ago!

Also, the dude's got THREE 1st round picks coming his way to add to an already stacked lineup. We've helped create a monster.

Thanks Steve! Honestly I think it was pretty fluky - my goalie really stood on his head in the playoffs and I doubt I'll have similar results next season which is why I loaded up on picks.

Posted October 17, 2017 - 10:17 PM

EXXEO

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
Nicely Done! Way to take down those Protons! Got to give some mad props to Erzac and BFGore for making it into the GHL next season and also to both the teams who had to attempt a nearly impossible task of promoting via the playoffs. Benoit and his Tomahawks managed to win in their GHL round and Bear Doggit of Horseheads North barely got turned away in a shootout of the last match. Good showing by all of you guys in the SHL- props!

Posted October 18, 2017 - 03:36 AM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationSri Lanka

GHL is so stacked right now.  Honestly, I think the average team now would wipe the floor of any of the champion teams from 3 or more seasons ago since so many of us have done well with grooming our players and the progression of our players.  A lot of 90+ players in the league right now, for better or worse.  I remember when if you had 1-2, you were tough to beat.  

Speaking of, the parity is so tight now, I honestly think that 10 of us are more or less a coin flip from being 3rd place to 13th.  I don't mean that disparagingly, but even though I finished in 12th, had I just won 3 more games (lots of 1 goal losses) and had anyone above me lost 3 more, the final finishes would be totally up for grabs.  I don't see that changing anytime soon and I accept my role in continuing being a very mediocre team!  ha!  

Posted October 18, 2017 - 07:42 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationCzech Republic

Well, this will happen in every world after some time - GHL will became very even with many 90+ OVR players. For Biscuit, it is already visible since let's say S10 and I believe after S15 the rosters will be limited by cap space (not like you cannot make one offer to superstar in FA you really want, but as you have to let one or even more superstars go as you don't have enough cap space to keep them for next season) and thus even more equal league. Who will manage to hold most of low greed players will benefit, but the dominance, like me and Vandals had in many previous season, will simply disappear. 

It is a good thing, it simulates real hockey, when you have many Stanley cup aspirants and still you can have very surprising teams in the final after all. On the other hand, randomness in the game will have much bigger effect and it may be a problem for very competitive managers as in online games like this, you usually can built a superior team by being more clever, having more knowledge, planning better system (like not starting from top, but hoarding good picks first), having more time to make better deals etc. Or by playing long enough, but that is different story :) But here with tight cap space, this works only first 10-15 seasons and then you will be simply one of many good teams and you can still win, but your chance for that will decrease.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users