GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 303 posts
  • 9 thanks
    GM Since: July 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationFinland

Steam Profile

New season, new thread. Keep the discussion civil and have fun!

Posted August 04, 2017 - 02:41 AM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: August 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium
Great to see that some things never change on FA. Overpaying players is the trick.

Posted August 04, 2017 - 03:00 AM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • 9 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

wait until post-free agency and you can underpay ;). Downside is that the best of the best players are already taken, so I doubt it would work in the GHL. I just earned a promotion from BHL doing that (Parkville Guardians).

Posted August 04, 2017 - 03:36 AM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationSri Lanka

Happy to see Miners and Breakouts back in GHL.  Expect it to be another very competitive season!  

Justina - BTW, Faneuf wanted that same contract with me last season, but I couldn't see keeping him on my team until he is 39.  ;-)

Posted August 04, 2017 - 07:48 AM

jusatin

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 303 posts
  • 9 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationFinland

Steam Profile

Sucks that overpaying is the way to go. But to leave that aside, the FA pool this year seems super weak. I don't think I will stand any chance in the upcoming season without any proper centers or defenders. Hopefully I'm wrong and can figure something out, but at the moment it seems like 1 season trip to GHL, keep my young guns and hopefully dominate SHL again next season.

@Steve yeah that's a steep contract but I had no choice after losing the betting contest on Mirault, Senet and Flores.. Had to get someone in my team.

Looking forward to this season nevertheless and will try to do my best to not get relegated.

Posted August 04, 2017 - 09:03 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationCzech Republic
This will my first season without Bublik (besides the beginnings). Let's see if he was behind the success. Greedy bastard smiley.gif

Good luck to Thetford Mines Pegasus, use him well. He is golden cup pedigree... better than MAF :)

Posted August 06, 2017 - 11:00 AM

EXXEO

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Sucks that overpaying is the way to go. But to leave that aside, the FA pool this year seems super weak. I don't think I will stand any chance in the upcoming season without any proper centers or defenders.

I noticed this also - seems like the new Affiliate system may make it a bit more challenging for promoted teams in the GHL to stay there because of that...

Posted August 07, 2017 - 12:38 PM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium
First friendly of silly season and my best D is injured for 18 days... Nice start of the season. After reading the game analysis it makes sense:

"They played a balanced game but tried to get under our skin with foul play and played a passing type of play but secures defence."

How about dirty and foul play is unrestricted in silly season? That would be a good idea.

Posted August 08, 2017 - 08:58 AM

jusatin

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 303 posts
  • 9 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationFinland

Steam Profile

First friendly of silly season and my best D is injured for 18 days... Nice start of the season. After reading the game analysis it makes sense:

"They played a balanced game but tried to get under our skin with foul play and played a passing type of play but secures defence."

How about dirty and foul play is unrestricted in silly season? That would be a good idea.

Or not try to get confidence by challenging (at the challenge moment computer) SHL teams to pre-season games you know you're going to win. /s

But I agree I think that all teams should automatically play with fair. I got my first line center out with 35 days injury 4 seasons ago and since haven't really played any pre-season games. But also I think they should only be able to be scheduled between teams in the same league so one couldn't get "free" morale boost to their team.

Posted August 08, 2017 - 12:08 PM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium
The injury has nothing to do with the opponent playing in SHL. And I'm not only playing SHL teams. I switch between both leagues. That being said, a lot of teams try to get confidence boost by playing teams from lower leagues. I think this gameworld or GPHM in general has bigger issues to handle to be honest.

Posted August 09, 2017 - 12:26 AM

jusatin

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 303 posts
  • 9 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationFinland

Steam Profile

The injury has nothing to do with the opponent playing in SHL. And I'm not only playing SHL teams. I switch between both leagues. That being said, a lot of teams try to get confidence boost by playing teams from lower leagues. I think this gameworld or GPHM in general has bigger issues to handle to be honest.

Notice the /s for sarcasm at the end of the first sentence :) did not try to be rude but to make a joke. I agree there are bigger problems but that's one that should be quite easily "fixed". :)

But yeah, players getting injured in pre-season should be a very rare occasion if it does happen. At current state they just are not worth playing for me at least. Too much risk, too little reward.

Posted August 09, 2017 - 12:50 AM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium
Well, ever since I started playing those games my season is starting better then when I didn't play preseason games. But if players get injured for a long time, it's not worth the risk. I agree.

Posted August 12, 2017 - 10:42 AM

HurjaHerra

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Reliable

Clarke McArthur did miss entire reg season iirc, because of a injury suffered in practice.

and you sure it's because of that? I mean you'd think for sure, but I once tried LIHL->GHL team in lumber with big&physical&dirty mindset and I don't remember injuring that many players.

and isn't unrestricted kinda the opposite what you want? ;)

Posted August 12, 2017 - 01:33 PM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium
Since Bramble did not finish the preseason game, I'm pretty sure he was injured in the game. Wouldn't you think?

And yes I meant restricted.

Posted August 13, 2017 - 10:54 AM

HurjaHerra

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Reliable

Since Bramble did not finish the preseason game, I'm pretty sure he was injured in the game. Wouldn't you think?

And yes I meant restricted.

I ment that "tactic" or whatever it should be called. You'd think that dirty play would increase injury risks, but like I said I ran it in Lumber for about 5-6 seasons and atleast it didn't have as big effect as I was hoping. Yes, I'm terrible person, but I really was looking forward to pretty much killing everyother team :D, but it never happened.

Posted August 13, 2017 - 04:05 PM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium
You have a point. Although I think that playing dirty increases the odds of injuring players.

Posted August 14, 2017 - 07:45 PM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • 9 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

I know that we are only 5 games in, but the SHL is looking like it will be close this season!

Posted August 18, 2017 - 12:43 PM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium
Worst start of a season ever. Already lost my best D in a preseason game for 18 days(Bramble, 95 OVR). In game 6 I lost my 2nd best forward for 4 days (Javorsky, 91 OVR). Now, after 3 consecutive losses my best center is injured for 20 days (Olli, 90 OVR). This is really unbelievable, I guess RNG is screwing my team over again. Anyway, if I end up in SHL, I'm probably going to quit. Or maybe this is just the frustration talking.

Posted August 18, 2017 - 04:19 PM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationCzech Republic

Don't you worry, we are at only 9/60. It will straighten and I predict you to have 20+ wins in a row in second half to end in top3 (I would assume 2nd).  

Posted August 18, 2017 - 04:55 PM

Yann Rock

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: May 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationCanada

Worst start of a season ever. Already lost my best D in a preseason game for 18 days(Bramble, 95 OVR). In game 6 I lost my 2nd best forward for 4 days (Javorsky, 91 OVR). Now, after 3 consecutive losses my best center is injured for 20 days (Olli, 90 OVR). This is really unbelievable, I guess RNG is screwing my team over again. Anyway, if I end up in SHL, I'm probably going to quit. Or maybe this is just the frustration talking.

I hear you. Last season I lost one of my top forwards (Guyard) for the whole season and could never get over it. The amount of injuries I've had in the past two seasons are staggering. I'm hoping to avoid injuries to my top players this season, but you never know.

Your team is so stacked that I strongly doubt you miss the playoffs, but it does get frustrating when your top guy(s) get injured for a while.  The addition of farm teams will help soften the blow in case of injuries compared to previous seasons though.

Best of luck Kim (Except against the Trojans)   ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users