Welcome to GM Games Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Boston Deadline Block

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Baseballr77

Baseballr77

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2013
Rep - Helpful

SP Lester - Would be a tremendous help to a playoff team.  ERA in the high 3's despite playing on our horrible team.

SP Worley - Team leader who needs a change od scenery.  Last year of contract  thats super low.

SP Wainwright - Possible FA at seasons end, player option next season.  Could add a spec to help move him.

SP Jouda - Lefty with two years left at 6.5m with last one being vesting option.  Has put up a solid 3.86 era since coming to Boston.

1B Blanks - 1B/OF that's playing well below his ratings.  Anothe guy who needs out of Boston to improve.

3B Darnell - Popular clubhouse guy.  Still under club control for two more years!

3B Middlebrooks - 65 rating at 3b, could put up better numbers with more pt.  Two years left under 10m with last year a vesting.

OF Joyce - Solid LF in the final year of his contract, final year won't vest.  Can provide much needed depth in a playoff run.

There are others that could be moved as well, but pretty much anyone younger than 29 that wasn't listed won't likely be moved.  I can take back an expiring contract to make some of these guys move if it helps.

Looking to rebuild a little, nothing full blown.  Main need will be SP's with groundball tendencies and specs that are in AA or higher. 

Boston Redsox GM

Career Record:  468-504 

2012: 82-80 3rd place

2013: 93-69 World Series Champions

2014:  84-78 4th Place

2015:  73-89 4th Place

2016:  64-98 4th Place

2017:  72-90 5th Place

"Sooner Born, Sooner Bred, When I Die, I'll Be Sooner Dead"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users