Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1412 posts
  • 149 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden
# Affiliate teams

Affiliate teams are teams to where you can assign players who is not good enough for your starting lineup. This way they will get  the ice time they need and develop faster. 

**Note. The affiliate team feature is not yet fully developed. This help files text may change once the feature is complete.**

## Affiliate leagues
Affiliate teams play in one of the American affiliate leagues; AAHL, AAHL 2 or AAHL 3. Not all teams in those leagues have to be an affiliate. It’s well reputated leagues and even the affiliate teams may sign their own players to boost their roster.

You can browse the affiliate leagues by visiting the World page and choose the Leagues tab. You’ll find the American Affiliate Leagues below the regular leagues based in both the US and Canada.

## Eligible league levels
Which affiliate league that is available for your affiliate team is depending on your team’s league level.

GHL & SHL -> AAHL and AAHL 2
BHL & IHL -> AAHL 2 and AAHL 3
LIHL -> AAHL 3

## Create your affiliate
You can create one affiliate team in each eligible league level. That means that you can have up to two different affiliates at the same time.

To create your own affiliates use the Action menu on your Team page. You will have one create option for each eligible league level. When creating your affiliate teams you may choose the team name, mascot and team colors. But all affiliates will be created in the same city as the parent team.

Once created you can revisit the same Action menu option to view your affiliates and see how many players that are assigned to that affiliate. Affiliates will also be displayed on the Team info tab on each Team page visible for all other managers.

## Assign and recall players
To assign or recall a player to an affiliate use the action menu on that player’s page. The player will be assigned or recalled immediately.

Note that only player with two way contracts (not having the one way contract clause) may be assigned to an affiliate.

## Two way contracts - salary impact
When a player is assigned to an affiliate only a 10th of the player’s salary is counted for against your team’s salary cap. That means that you will create more space for new signings when assigning players to affiliates.

## Displaying affiliate assignments on your roster
As default all assignments will be hidden from your regular roster (centers, forwards, defense and goalies) and moved to an aggregated list just above your prospects.

But if you’d like you can keep all assigned players in your regular roster by using the roster setting found on your manager page and action menu option settings.

## Affiliate team tactics, training and lineup
Your affiliate teams will use the same tactics and training as your own team. That means that your assigned players will develop accordingly to your strategy.

But you can’t influence the affiliate team’s lineup. The affiliate will use the best available lineup which means that it might pick its own players over your assigned ones. However, affiliate teams know their role so they won’t be as likely to sign as many players as other non playable teams.

## Promotion or relegation
If your team promotes or relegates the eligible affiliate leagues for your team may change. In that case, you will lose the affiliate that you no longer are eligible for and you may create one new affiliate in your new affiliate league level.

## Trading affiliate players
You can trade players that currently is assigned to an affiliate just like any other player on your team. But when trading for such players note that the whole salary of that player will count against your salary cap and not just a 10th when making the trade.

Affiliate assigned players included in a trade will not automatically be assigned to the other team’s affiliate. They will have to be assigned manually by the manager.

## Signing free agents

Even if you target a player to assign to your affiliate they will arrive on your main team before they can be assigned. That mean that you have to afford the whole player’s salary on your team and not only the 10th when offering him a contract.

Posted July 24, 2017 - 06:18 AM

MWiles

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: June 2017
Rep - Floater
What happens to the players from that team if you relegate/promote?

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger bat

It's not paranoia if they are really out to get you!

Posted July 24, 2017 - 11:04 AM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

What happens if a team gets a new manager but doesn't like the affiliate teams? Do they get a chance to recreate them? Or are they just out of luck?

Posted July 24, 2017 - 11:20 AM

GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1412 posts
  • 149 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

What happens to the players from that team if you relegate/promote?

The player will be moved to your main roster. Even if there is no cap space.

What happens if a team gets a new manager but doesn't like the affiliate teams? Do they get a chance to recreate them? Or are they just out of luck?

Currently (step 1) they're just out of luck :-). There is no way to recreate the affiliate teams. However, this will be adjusted in the next release.

Posted July 24, 2017 - 02:00 PM

MWiles

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

thanks.  mike

Posted July 24, 2017 - 06:04 PM

MWiles

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

if a player was created that i want to sign, when can i sign him?

Posted July 24, 2017 - 08:03 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding

I'm guessing it's just like the other leagues where you have to wait until their contract with the affiliate is up and they move to free agency.

Posted July 24, 2017 - 08:05 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
Two questions

1. Do you have a game plan for Step 2 in mind already?

2. Do Computer controlled teams create affiliates on their own or do they just forego that option?

Posted July 24, 2017 - 09:21 PM

IneffableLeafs

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: July 2016
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCanada
Is there any limit to how many players you can sign and assign to the affiliate?

Posted July 24, 2017 - 09:32 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 472 posts
  • 15 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Two questions

1. Do you have a game plan for Step 2 in mind already?

2. Do Computer controlled teams create affiliates on their own or do they just forego that option?

The recent blog post has some insight on Step 2.

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | GHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted July 24, 2017 - 09:59 PM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • 13 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

If you're talking about the greyed out players, they are all unsignable. Their only purpose is to substitute and keep the other leagues full of players. They disappear as teams sign "real" players.

Posted July 25, 2017 - 05:51 AM

MWiles

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater
No, I was talking about the ones that you can see the skills

Posted July 25, 2017 - 06:38 AM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

The recent blog post has some insight on Step 2.

Yup, it answered all my questions - thanks!

Posted July 25, 2017 - 09:27 AM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • 22 thanks
    GM Since: April 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

No, I was talking about the ones that you can see the skills

During the offseason you can offer them a contract even if they have years left with the AI team.

Posted August 04, 2017 - 02:04 PM

HippoShaman

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: July 2017
Rep - Floater
Affiliation teams are definitely awesome addition to the game. My only suggestion about them would be that while trading player on your affiliation team it should show you decrease (in the trade window) of your salaries by the 10% of his salary and not the full salary as it does now (can be confusing a bit).

Posted August 05, 2017 - 03:44 AM

jusatin

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 346 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: July 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

Steam Profile

Affiliation teams are definitely awesome addition to the game. My only suggestion about them would be that while trading player on your affiliation team it should show you decrease (in the trade window) of your salaries by the 10% of his salary and not the full salary as it does now (can be confusing a bit).

The reason it shows you the full salary is that the player will be traded to your main roster, not your affiliate teams roster. You can then make the decision yourself whether you want to assign him or not.

Posted August 05, 2017 - 08:24 AM

MWiles

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

i was looking at my affiliate team (semi pro) and was going to offer a contract to a really good player.

but it says his contract is to a teAm in SHL, shouldn't the players in my affiliates be for my pro organization?

Posted August 05, 2017 - 10:15 AM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • 13 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

If he was just signed by the SHL team, it might be a bug. 

Posted August 05, 2017 - 10:51 AM

HippoShaman

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: July 2017
Rep - Floater

The reason it shows you the full salary is that the player will be traded to your main roster, not your affiliate teams roster. You can then make the decision yourself whether you want to assign him or not.

What I meant is this: I am trading player A from my affiliation team his salary is 50k but actually only 10% so 5k against my salary cap.

So if I trade player A for player B who has also the salary of 50k then it should be -45k from my salary money and not 0 difference shown.

I hope this makes more sense :)

EDIT: Attached screenshots where I think I should see 17.6k added to my salaries instead of -4k

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users