GM Since: May 2016
Rep - Helpful

Steam Profile

• Game World: Lumber
  • League: GHL
  • Team Name: Portland Steam
  • Describe the bug:

Hi Anders & crew,

I unintentionally have gone over the salary cap this season with Portland Steam in Lumber.

What happened was I offered a contract to a forward (Noa Viziau) on Day 77 of the prior season and he did not accept it until the start of the next season. When he did, it put me over the salary cap as I had signed another forward (Peter Vais) in that time using the open space I had. It did not account for the space for Viziau's pending contract, which also was not listed in the 'Pending Contracts' under the Transfers tab.

Now I'm also getting an error that says "Transfer Denied" when I try to offer extensions to Dennis Svanberg and Christopher Overman despite having cap space in the future.

Posted July 16, 2017 - 03:25 PM

GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1124 posts
  • 132 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Thanks for the report.

I will have a look at this as soon as possible.

Posted July 17, 2017 - 09:09 AM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1124 posts
  • 132 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden
It's clearly a bug that let your team go over the cap. But the check that's preventing your extensions is actually working. Before each signing it checks both that the current cap and next season's cap is valid.

In order to sign those extensions you must go under the cap. Since it was a bug that caused this I can release one player for you without any penalty. Just name the player (and URL) that you want released.

Posted July 17, 2017 - 07:50 PM

neuralhandshake

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: May 2016
Rep - Helpful

Steam Profile

It's clearly a bug that let your team go over the cap. But the check that's preventing your extensions is actually working. Before each signing it checks both that the current cap and next season's cap is valid.

In order to sign those extensions you must go under the cap. Since it was a bug that caused this I can release one player for you without any penalty. Just name the player (and URL) that you want released.

This should solve my cap problems by releasing Noa Viziau: http://www.gameplanh...ayer?gpid=18468

Thanks, Anders!

Posted July 17, 2017 - 11:33 PM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1124 posts
  • 132 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden
No problem. The player has now been released

Posted July 18, 2017 - 08:07 AM

jusatin

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 259 posts
  • 8 thanks
    GM Since: July 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationFinland

Steam Profile

Marked the thread as solved, will be moving it to solved sub-forum after a week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users