GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1124 posts
  • 132 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

A pre release of the affiliate teams feature has been made on the UAT today! Check below for more info. Please report back any bugs to this topic (not the bugs section). Have fun!

The pre release contains the following
  • Affiliate leagues AAHL, AAHL 2 and AAHL 3 (new)
  • Create up to two affiliate teams.
  • Affiliate team levels Professional, SemiProfessional or Amateur. (Eligible levels depend on your team level)
  • Affiliate teams will be using the same tactics as your own team.
  • Assign and recall players to your affiliates. Only players with two way contracts (not having the one way contract clause) may be assigned.
  • Salary cap impact. Assigned player’s salary will only count as a tenth against your team’s salary cap when assigned.
  • New user setting on how to display assigned players on your roster.
  • Assignments and recalls generates transaction logs

Other improvements and bug fixes
  • The previous AMHL and AMHL 2 (American Minor Hockey Leagues) has been renamed to USMHL (United States Minor Hockey League) to not be mixed up with the AAHL leagues.
  • Simulator improvements to fix the delayed simulation problems.

How to get going with affiliate teams
  1. Create and view affiliate teams by using the Action menu on your team page
  2. Assign/Recall players by using the Action menu on that player’s page

Posted July 13, 2017 - 06:33 AM

IneffableLeafs

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: July 2016
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationCanada
The wait is over.

Posted July 13, 2017 - 06:57 AM

Euph

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: October 2015
Rep - Floater

That's excellent!

Posted July 13, 2017 - 07:19 AM

MWiles

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: June 2017
Rep - Floater

WOW!

new here so what is the UAT, and can I join?

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger bat

Posted July 13, 2017 - 08:20 AM

shadav

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: July 2016
Rep - Floater

Not sure if it is related to the new release, but I cannot replace my tired goalies anymore (message: Invalid spot for player).

Posted July 13, 2017 - 08:36 AM

Haradrim

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Helpful

Excellent news! Thanks, Anders!

Posted July 13, 2017 - 08:36 AM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1124 posts
  • 132 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

WOW!

new here so what is the UAT, and can I join?

The UAT is the test environment where new features are being tried out before released. This means that things can be a little shaky. There are still open spots. Join at http://uat.gameplanhockey.com

Not sure if it is related to the new release, but I cannot replace my tired goalies anymore (message: Invalid spot for player).

Thanks for the report. I'll have a look at this.

Posted July 13, 2017 - 08:52 AM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1124 posts
  • 132 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Solved. Thanks for the report!

Posted July 13, 2017 - 10:23 AM

EXXEO

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Reliable
Since the teams already have players assigned to them how does that effect players from our Primary teams that get assigned to the affiliate squads? Will they get playing time guaranteed? Is it based off of their rating? It's looking great!

Posted July 13, 2017 - 11:07 AM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Reliable
Can't wait for the actual update! Might have to join UAT just to get a glimpse of this :D

Great work Anders!

Posted July 13, 2017 - 12:04 PM

fangwall

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationCanada

Steam Profile

• Jamie - Offline
    Since: Jul 15, 2017 09:44 AM
    0 hrs last 2 weeks.
    Add Friend

Hey Anders, is UAT still running really slowly as I'd like to try this, but it drives me nuts when the site runs slow?

Posted July 13, 2017 - 01:43 PM

Scorevat53

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Helpful
How long can we expect it to be in testing?

Posted July 13, 2017 - 01:48 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Are the players already assigned to the affiliate teams "our" players, as in we can call them up? Or are they NPCs? I'm not in UAT, just something that came to mind.

Posted July 13, 2017 - 01:53 PM

Scorevat53

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Helpful
Wonder if we could split the salaries up? Only reason i ask is because i will have maybe 1 or 2 players down in the league because they count against my actual salary.

Posted July 13, 2017 - 02:12 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Reliable

In terms of prospects, we still have to sign them before they get signed by NPC teams and then re-assign them right? What if we don't have the cap space to sign the prospect? Is it possible to have an option on the Contract Offering page to prospects, where we can sign them and assign them to the lower leagues right away, in order to comply with salary cap demands?

Posted July 13, 2017 - 02:24 PM

Scorevat53

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Helpful
I think Salaries need to be split up or adjsuted for controlling 2 teams.

Posted July 13, 2017 - 02:51 PM

EXXEO

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • 6 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Are the players already assigned to the affiliate teams "our" players, as in we can call them up? Or are they NPCs? I'm not in UAT, just something that came to mind.

Yeah, there are players there on your affiliate teams when you create them. Player setup is similar to the other foreign leagues. What I'm trying to figure out is how some players ended up on those affiliate teams. For instance, one guy is 18 but the player rights belong to another manager from the GHL. Other guys are seemingly just there to fill the void and can't even be accessed.

Posted July 13, 2017 - 03:56 PM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1124 posts
  • 132 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Since the teams already have players assigned to them how does that effect players from our Primary teams that get assigned to the affiliate squads? Will they get playing time guaranteed? Is it based off of their rating? It's looking great!

The affiliate team will decide its own lineup based on what players it has available. So there are no playing time guaranteed. However affiliate teams will sign less of its own players than other normal non playable teams.

Hey Anders, is UAT still running really slowly as I'd like to try this, but it drives me nuts when the site runs slow?

No change in UAT memory and CPU. But the simulator has gotten an update that should reduce database load.

How long can we expect it to be in testing?

Can't say for sure, but at least a week or two. There are still things to develop further but I'm thinking of making the official release in two steps. Mainly because the update also fixes the delayed simulation problems we see on the official servers.

The affiliate teams may sign its own players. Those players are not available for your team.

Wonder if we could split the salaries up? Only reason i ask is because i will have maybe 1 or 2 players down in the league because they count against my actual salary.

Assigned players will only count a tenth of their salary against your team's salary cap when assigned. Since all players are contracted by your team I feel that it needs to be one and the same budget.

In terms of prospects, we still have to sign them before they get signed by NPC teams and then re-assign them right? What if we don't have the cap space to sign the prospect? Is it possible to have an option on the Contract Offering page to prospects, where we can sign them and assign them to the lower leagues right away, in order to comply with salary cap demands?

As of now (this pre release) the whole salary must fit under the cap when signing a player. But it's in the backlog to introduce an "injury/reserve list" where players may be added when not fitting under the cap. Players on that list don't add to the total salaries of the team but will suffer an 2-3 day activation penalty when added to the roster. This is something that's not completely decided yet.

Posted July 13, 2017 - 04:02 PM

Scorevat53

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Helpful
Ok I respect that, but I feel less people will use them because ill just let some other league offer them a contract and my prospects can stay there.

Posted July 13, 2017 - 04:23 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Reliable
Is it possible to initially limit the NPC players on the affiliate teams to 1y contracts, so that Managers have a chance to fill their affiliate teams with their own players? Also, I think we might need an increase in available FA when this update comes out, so that people are able to fill their affiliate teams. However, most teams won't have the cap to sign these "reserve" players and reassign them, any way around that?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users