Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: January 2017
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationHouston

He is now declining hard.  This season he went from 1st line to third.  He still has one of my best +- however.

Posted August 20, 2019 - 04:50 PM

Walter A. Donaldson

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: April 2017
Rep - Helpful

He is now declining hard.  This season he went from 1st line to third.  He still has one of my best +- however.

My team is a group of Veterans, my only young guys are 24, none of my Centers are under 30 (playing on the roster). I got young Goalies 28 and 24. I like my old guys (I'm the Punch Imlach Type), I don't think the age of old guys isn't over if I can help it.

Posted August 21, 2019 - 05:49 AM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
Veterans often times carry some benefit (at least I feel they do). While I don’t have many on my young, lower tier teams, I tried to have vets on my squad here and there. Anyone know for sure if vets do add an experience level?

Posted August 23, 2019 - 11:31 AM

Walter A. Donaldson

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: April 2017
Rep - Helpful

I really believe they do, one of my old defensemen Clovis Galloway was the perfect example (he was from the Old Game), Galloway was reputed as finished, when I signed him, by the End of his Career I think the "Finished" Galloway had developed from 75 overall to 77 overall, and at 39 he had at least one season left in him, in the SHL when the game ended, he never retired but at 39 he managed to stick around I tend to let player performance Judge who goes and who stays not how well rated they are. He was still good at the SHL level as he was at the BHL level didn't produce as many points but did very well as a Penalty Killer, If I could post his stats and Ratings I would.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users