Baden

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Reliable

So I start my 2nd season......I'm actually glad I got relegated here's why ....my first season was a learning season learning the site and how it all works. I inherited a team with a bunch of 1W contracts. I now have a basic understanding of how the site works and I have a team staring from scratch that I have put together....... GHL here I come lol

Posted July 01, 2017 - 11:22 AM

Renegades

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: May 2016
Rep - Helpful

Baden, building a team from complete scratch is honestly pretty fun and a really good experience. It also makes changing tactics and building your team how you want to build it a lot easier. I joined a team that got relegated and had almost nothing left my first season and I dominated and got first place. Best of luck in regards to that!

My pre-season has been quite fantastic after a crappy draft situation. I got a replacement for my first line center, signed three of my prospects, and have enough good backups to survive any injuries. I'm excited for the new season and really hoping this is the team to take me to the GHL.

Posted July 01, 2017 - 09:03 PM

Baden

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Thanks Renegades I'm having fun looking forward to the new season.

Posted July 03, 2017 - 08:39 AM

Baden

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Off to a flying start! won our first game 7-4 Bring on the GHL! lol I should take a screen shot....we are in first place! :P  :D  :lol:  ;)

Posted July 07, 2017 - 10:07 PM

flowbish1

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: June 2017
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationK'ek part au Qu├ębec.

10 games played, 6 went to OT (2 more than all of last season) and lost 5 of them!

Fred Longpre

Riversdale Heroes BHL Clapper

Posted July 08, 2017 - 10:20 AM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding

10 games played, 6 went to OT (2 more than all of last season) and lost 5 of them!

Ouch! That hurts!

Posted July 08, 2017 - 03:18 PM

Baden

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable

On a tear to start 

10-1-0-1 32pts

Posted July 08, 2017 - 05:44 PM

Smashvilles4Realz

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

After a disappointing and humiliating relegation process, the Cherokees are adjusting to life in the IHL. The team struggled to ice a full squad by opening night, and proceeded to play as such, losing the 1st 3 contests of the new season spectacularly. Game 4 appeared to be a lost cause when, after 1 period, the team found themselves down 1-5 to the Disraeli Black Bears. The 5 goal comeback that ensued has sparked the team to a 5-0-2-2 record since dropping their 1st 3 games as the team continues to gel. The addition of some veteran role players to compliment the young core of the team seems to be paying off. Hopefully we can continue to win some games and resigning players won't be a huge issue in the offseason.

Posted July 11, 2017 - 05:10 PM

GregJ

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: March 2017
Rep - Reliable

Well, less than 20 games in and I've already flirted with 15th place in my first SHL season. But after the last 10 games where we've posted a respectable 5-1-0-4 record, we sit 7th. I feel a bit better about the team, such that it is. Certainly need a few seasons to fully adapt the lineup. Just hoping to keep above the relegation line!

My next challenge: the big, bad , Savage Storm. 

*Boooooo*

Will the 'Wolves make it past the early-season juggernaut, having just lost their #1 D to a week-long concussion? Will the Storm flatten the visiting team on their way to a nigh-impossible 15-1-1-1 record? Tune your radio to C-SHL900 to hear all the bone-crushing action!

Posted July 11, 2017 - 09:23 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding

"My next challenge: the big, bad , Savage Storm. 
*Boooooo*"

Ha! It's not that bad - I'm sure you guys will play great...but I may tune in for the "bone crushing action!" Ha!

Posted July 23, 2017 - 08:33 AM

Baden

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable

40 Games into 2nd season... I'm starting to get a good feel for this game.... as you work with the same core of players you start to understand how they react.... great game this is!

Posted July 25, 2017 - 10:33 AM

Baden

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable

If I get this response 

PLAYER RESPONSE

I have no intention to discuss a contract with you - what so ever

Should I try to trade him? If he's not ever gonna resign should I try to get players or picks? He is a big reason we are doing so well.and if there is a chane to resign I will.

Noah James Gamelin OVR 77    any advice would be appreciated.  :)

Posted July 25, 2017 - 02:57 PM

Wingedbeaver

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: July 2016
Rep - Helpful

IMO, I would try to trade him. When I was in LIHL, I traded any of these types of players to IHL teams for players with long term contracts. If you get back a player with only a year chances are he won't sign with you either. When I got promoted, I was even able to sign a few of those guys I traded away when the team I traded with let them go.

Posted July 25, 2017 - 06:13 PM

Baden

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable

@ Wingedbeaver.... I agree!

Posted July 29, 2017 - 07:50 AM

Baden

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable

I managed to Trade my holdout 78 for a 72 with a 3 yr contract...and he already has made a positive impact.Also I decided to sign an 18 yr old free agent and sent him to the minors to see how he develops. I also signed a guy last year who is an up and comer who is not getting any Ice this season.. sent him to minors... I really like the affiliated team idea.

Posted July 31, 2017 - 04:32 PM

GregJ

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Huh. There's a team in BHL that is choosing to scratch all of its higher level players (even one that is 84ovr), and play its lesser-skilled players. Funny.

And it is being GM'd by a rookie who has played a total of 37 games... over 5 seasons!

Can we call bullsh1t?

Posted July 31, 2017 - 07:52 PM

Big-Bobby Clobber

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Reliable

Huh. There's a team in BHL that is choosing to scratch all of its higher level players (even one that is 84ovr), and play its lesser-skilled players. Funny.

And it is being GM'd by a rookie who has played a total of 37 games... over 5 seasons!

Can we call bullsh1t?

That in itself is not enough to make any judgement call. 

There are 5 games left in Clapper S20.    If their position in the standings is already established, they could simply be trying-out some prospects, to see how they handle some serious playing time. 

Have done it many-many times.  Will usually look at player stats around 55-58 games into the season, and then play any player that is at 0 GP.  Because 0 GP is ugly on a player-card, and also sad in a lonely puppy kind of way. 

Posted July 31, 2017 - 11:49 PM

GregJ

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable
Wow! About 5 different BHL teams and one SHL team turned over today! Including the dude with 5 seasons and 37 games played. Cool. He should have waited a little longer, he could have benefited from the 84ovr trade that occurred right afterwards... Crazy

Posted August 01, 2017 - 02:06 AM

Pingu

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2016
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium

Looks like some hopping going on. Maybe multiple accounts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users