Look to start building towards mediocrity in Oakland. Here's what I've got:
The Probably Nots:
- SS Andrés Yánez - I can't envision a team being willing to pay what it would take for me to move him.
- OF Joc Pederson - Despite what the writers of fake news and alternative facts have said about me needing to trade him, I'm more inclined to build around him.
- 2B Luis Seda - I love this guy like a child. The only thing causing me to consider moving him is that he's pretty far away.
- SP Rod Cunningham - Injured, out for the year, not selling low
- SP Jeremy Benson - SP is my greatest area of need, and he's a pretty good SP prospect. He probably bridges the gap between these guys and the following group
Available for Good SP:
- OF Stephen Brown - the ratings are there, the defense is there, the intangibles are there, but the numbers haven't shown up yet
- OF David Vargas - according to some sources, the top prospect in MLB Pro right now
- OF Jeremy Sullivan - 70 power potential that my scout thinks is ready right now, plus great defense in CF or RF
- 1B Lewis Allen - Massive power with acceptable defense
- OF Lucas Edgar - profile comparable to Stephen Brown with a bit more power and a bit less defense
- RHP Jesús Torres - My scout loves him and sees him as a SP. Even if he's not that, he's got the upside of an elite RP.
Random Available Useful Pieces:
- C Larry Gonzalez - Has turned his offense around this year, could be a starter for teams in need of a C, great leadership, and two years of arbitration left
- 2B Jason Kipnis - This is a pure dump on my part. He's as cheap as they come. He's not hitting for me, and his salary is chewing up space on the books. If you like him, come get him.
- 1B/3B Matt Carpenter - A great start to the season for me, signed very reasonably through 2019, profiles as an average starter for teams in need of offense or an excellent bench bat.
- OF John Drennen - basically the OF version of Carpenter without the hot start with the bat.
If you see anyone else in my organization that interests you, just let me know. My current needs are pitching, pitching, and more pitching. Not looking for lottery ticket prospects that are years away from helping.