Baden

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Helpful

First of all, changing the draft to this won't make teams get promoted faster,  they'll still get promoted at the same rate. Second of all, it just doesn't make sense for the lowest tier to get the best picks, nor does it make sense for the top tier to get the worst picks. Why should the teams that get to sign 65 overall players then get to draft 80 overall players? It would make the lower division a league completely reliant on luck. Not to mention once the entry level expires, the majority of teams will lose their "top pick" because there are very few managers able to earn a promotion in consecutive seasons and no top picks will be willing to sign in anywhere less than the SHL once their contract expires. This format also would make the draft completely useless to the SHL+GHL teams. Finally, look at it from a players perspective, why would a player want to go to a team where their only making 12k versus a possibility of 500k in the GHL (I'm guessing at what the prospects make because I forget). Even for the worse players, they're not going to get signed or played in the big leagues, I'm sure that they'd rather be playing and making money even if it's 12k rather than nothing.

I'm sorry for the rant, but I've seen this same suggestion brought up multiple times recently and people need to realize that it doesn't make much sense due to the games format. The current system is a good balance giving the worst teams in a division the better picks possible for their level. Giving the promoting teams the best possible picks and the demoting teams the worst possible picks in their new league. The 1st round pick is also better than the 3rd round pick of the tier above which lets all teams get a chance at a decent prospect for their division.

Got ya... I see what you mean.....  Thanks for the quick response. I've been telling people about this game. I'm having a great time  :)

JoP

Posted June 16, 2017 - 03:54 PM

JoP

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Helpful

Sorry, I did read you'r full post and yes we are on the same page, I guess. It wasn't aimed at you or ment to shoot down you'r post, sorry bout that. Just grapped some stuff from here and there, which I guess I disagreed a bit :P You'r not the first one to misunderstand me today, lol :D

Nor did I ment that no one xept Rainsilent plays "fair", it was just that he's the one I remember telling ppl why abusing CPU is bad and some haven't learned it even after "the first reset". 

I support CPU trading being part of the game aswell, but not how some ppl are using it, which in my opinion is atleast a big factor if not biggest in widening the cap between SHL and GHL, which is the biggest one imo, never struggled with any other jump.

Yes, there's other stuff aswell, but that imo. is/was the biggest, since getting all the goodies from CPU and tossing crap back is eliminating competition at the same time as making yourself better. The other one was surplus of talent that only signed to GHL teams, which also fed the abusive trades, but it's being adressed by the fixes. I heard a lot of that it's the system not me and others do it too so I have to, but those excuses really should be in the past, because of report/support thingy and people wanting a reset to make things more interesting pretty much for the same reason the first reset was made. Let's just hope things are learned this time around aswell.

So with or without reset Lumber should be getting in better shape, resetting would make it happens faster, but still should happen in both ways and hey! It's Lumber! So time should fly!

Can't think, hopefully it's atleast closer to what I was trying to say :D

Haha...no problems mate! It´s alway complicated expressing one self in forums I think.

And...Yeah, then I guess we´re on the same page about the main issues. :)
And trading sure has been one, but hopefully not as much with the changes.

Guess my point sort of is that, looking at my lumber GHL-team and others, throughout the last 5-10 seasons you didn´t really even have to cheat or abuse the tradesystem (but sure. I know it has been done) to gain advantages if you had a strong GHL-team. You have had some great advantages anyways, having so many ways of making and keeping your team strong. 

In the long run, looking at the GHL teams, it has both given those teams better chance of signing good depth players and starplayers in FA:s, keeping them on reasonable contracts, getting high better picks and hence better prospetcs. Also, maybe most importantly, all this means you are having much more of assets that can be used as pieces in trades. Since human managers also mostly makes smarter, more planned moves the advantages of all this gets even bigger when it comes to buildning and keeping a strong squad and prospectspool. 

All in all I think it helps tremendously in the long run and maybe more than some realize.

Hence, if we are to have a reset, I´m concerned that the changes in the tradeengine ain´t enough. I think maybe something need to be done about how a cpu-team manages both trading in itself, but also it´s squad overall. Not sure though, but it´s something I´ve been thinking about for some time.

Posted June 16, 2017 - 06:55 PM

neuralhandshake

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: May 2016
Rep - Helpful

Steam Profile

Anders, is there any way to guarantee people aren't throwing the poll, either? Not that I don't trust people, but you can submit an opinion to the poll multiple times, can you not?

Also, if a reset does happen (which I'm against until we get affiliate teams, which I wish had been an option in the poll), I'd like to be 'guaranteed' to get my GHL team back and not have it so we're not guaranteed that option. I'd rather not try again from the SHL to build back up, but a lot of that is stubborn laziness I suppose with 20 seasons under my belt.

Posted June 16, 2017 - 07:25 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • 12 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Reliable
I agree, is there some way to make sure that GMs will be able to get a team at the level they're currently at?

I guess there will be GMs that want to start lower/higher, but that might result in unbalanced spots available, which might irk some people.

Again, perhaps we're just jumping ahead of the gun. I'm sure we can get these things sorted out before we reset, IF we do go down that route.

Posted June 16, 2017 - 08:04 PM

maniaque

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Floater

I have to disagree with the reset and lose all our stuff. I had to change to Lumber and now i would have to start again. Everything is working fine on my side even if im not in the best teams out there. In GHL theres no computer teams at all. Whatever is done , humans will mostly always do better than the computer even if we reset and start back again. Its just normal that the humans do better than the computer teams due to many reasons like trades and such and it will just be the same again in the future. I would really be dissapointed to lose my team and start again. There has been already many problems in the game with resets and bugs since i started playing and i lost stuff a few times already and dont want it to happen again. For that reason i voted no. I dont understand why some want to lose their teams. :confused: I would prefer to see a totally new league so it dont affect our stuff we have right now.

Posted June 17, 2017 - 12:22 AM

HurjaHerra

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Reliable

Haha...no problems mate! It´s alway complicated expressing one self in forums I think.

And...Yeah, then I guess we´re on the same page about the main issues. :)
And trading sure has been one, but hopefully not as much with the changes.

Guess my point sort of is that, looking at my lumber GHL-team and others, throughout the last 5-10 seasons you didn´t really even have to cheat or abuse the tradesystem (but sure. I know it has been done) to gain advantages if you had a strong GHL-team. You have had some great advantages anyways, having so many ways of making and keeping your team strong. 

In the long run, looking at the GHL teams, it has both given those teams better chance of signing good depth players and starplayers in FA:s, keeping them on reasonable contracts, getting high better picks and hence better prospetcs. Also, maybe most importantly, all this means you are having much more of assets that can be used as pieces in trades. Since human managers also mostly makes smarter, more planned moves the advantages of all this gets even bigger when it comes to buildning and keeping a strong squad and prospectspool. 

All in all I think it helps tremendously in the long run and maybe more than some realize.

Hence, if we are to have a reset, I´m concerned that the changes in the tradeengine ain´t enough. I think maybe something need to be done about how a cpu-team manages both trading in itself, but also it´s squad overall. Not sure though, but it´s something I´ve been thinking about for some time.

True :D Too bad I'm being misunderstood live aswell, lol. We do still have the report button and now we can contact support team if we believe there's fishystuff going on. There have also been managers who have been banned due to the CPU abuse even before so I'm definitely hopeful that in every game world the negative effect from abusing CPU's going away. That and the recent fixes we really should be heading towards a more competitive and fun game =) 

Posted June 17, 2017 - 04:28 AM

fangwall

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationCanada

Steam Profile

• Jamie - Offline
    Since: Jul 15, 2017 09:44 AM
    0 hrs last 2 weeks.
    Add Friend

Anders how much would it cost for you to get another server or hosting for one?   Perhaps if a number was set then we managers might all kick in to cover the cost for you?   I know I'd kick in my share to play in faster leagues.

Posted June 17, 2017 - 02:03 PM

GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1124 posts
  • 132 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Anders how much would it cost for you to get another server or hosting for one?   Perhaps if a number was set then we managers might all kick in to cover the cost for you?   I know I'd kick in my share to play in faster leagues.

I have no exact estimation on how much money it would take. And I'm probably looking into cloud based solutions. But it's more and more obvious that the game needs to bring in some money to keep up with a growing user base and community. This is something I need to prioritise this upcoming fall.

Posted June 17, 2017 - 02:05 PM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1124 posts
  • 132 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

So here's my big decision.

I won't start a fresh fast game world. Not now at least. Too many are against it (It's almost 50-50).

My hopes are to start a second fast game world later this summer/fall to be the first cloud based world. Then I will have time to finish the affiliates too.

Hope you all understand.

Posted June 17, 2017 - 02:55 PM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Reliable

Is there any information regarding as to which leagues want a reset? Because if it's something like the majority of SHL/GHL teams are the only ones who want a reset, maybe there's a more abstract solution. Like say retiring all players above 90 overall above a certain age. It should make new GHL teams have an easier time staying in their new league and keep the world history that most managers want.

Posted June 17, 2017 - 02:56 PM

Scorevat53

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Helpful
Damn Ok :/

Posted June 17, 2017 - 02:57 PM

Scorevat53

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Helpful
Well the top 8 in the GHL are the same every year thats the issue. No one else cam compete

Posted June 17, 2017 - 03:01 PM

Scorevat53

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Helpful
Hard to retire 90+ players when some are 19yrs old.

Posted June 17, 2017 - 04:00 PM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Reliable

Hard to retire 90+ players when some are 19yrs old.

That's why I said over a certain age. It should keep the top teams at the top, but still give newer teams a chance.

Posted June 17, 2017 - 04:16 PM

Scorevat53

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Helpful
Sorry I missed that

Posted June 17, 2017 - 05:05 PM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1124 posts
  • 132 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Is there any information regarding as to which leagues want a reset? Because if it's something like the majority of SHL/GHL teams are the only ones who want a reset,.

I haven't checked all details just yet.

Posted June 17, 2017 - 05:30 PM

Graham

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: June 2017
Rep - Floater
  • LocationEngland

This is my 1st season in Lumber with Phenix Firebirds from what i see there are 20 sides from Silver down i think new world over a reset of this one in the futcher would be best if the server can take it. On a personal level i whanted to start fro  the bottom and try to work up the league so keeping this world would be nice and it has a little history which i think is cool 24 season's in maybe we can get it to 50 season's and beyoned it will probubly take me that long to reach anywhere near the top of this league.

eagle-7.png

Phenix Firebirds

LIHL Game World Lumber

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users