Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2017
Rep - Floater
  • LocationPoland
I think it would be ok to have a fresh start but to keep the GMs in the leagues that they are in now.
It's possible to develope a team from scratch - my team is a great example. From LIHL to GHL in 9 seasons. It's tough to keep the same roster due to the difference of player quality between leagues.

I'm in for the reset after the team affiliate teams are added. That would be a good time to make a bigger change with the entire league.

Posted June 16, 2017 - 03:49 AM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

I'm neutral for the reset, although, I do agree and think it would be nice to come alongside the team affiliations. I know you plan suggests that affiliations will be released sometime in summer, but because a bunch of people are wanting this reset to be planned around, could you give us a better idea? As in you expect it to be released in a week/month/is running late. Thank you.

Posted June 16, 2017 - 04:41 AM

fangwall

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationCanada

Steam Profile

Anders is this simply a server issue?  If you can't add a new lightning world then I would accept the upgrade of Lumber, but I'd really like to know the reason why we have to toss the baby out with the bathwater and would hope that this isn't a precedent.

I'm one of those owners that likes to start at LIHL and work up.  To see my squad go poof really isn't a good thing as I'm sure a few other owners feel.

As for the gold issue, those older players will be gone soon enough.  I actually traded for a few older guys in another league.   It's something all owners are aware of and of course those high rated players trade for a premium, even with CPU teams. 

Posted June 16, 2017 - 05:05 AM

revivaL88

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: June 2017
Rep - Floater

I'm quite new to this game, but I wonder if many of the slow, normal speed worlds are "interesting" to most players? Are they all "full" with members? For me it seems like I would rather have an even faster league.

I also feel success can be achieved with "new" teams, I have taken the barclay vikings in BHL and currently stand 3rd - true, they were relegated from the SHL the season before that so there are a couple of gems, however they are unwilling to resign which brings an interesting end of the season/offseason/draft.

However, I recently saw an IHL, LIHL team that had like 10 goalies all rubbish, so I guess I see the point in how far some people have "destroyed" the game.

Which options do we have? Is it that everybody starts from scratch, down in LIHL or IHL, so we have to "work our way" into SHL, GHL?

What about something like a player association in game to "oversee" trading and manager behaviour?

What about 5 picks per team (lowers the value of the picks, makes trading easier possibly?)

Concerning just the reset, I'm up for the challenge, anytime.

Posted June 16, 2017 - 06:23 AM

Erzac

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationFinland

-- I wonder if many of the slow, normal speed worlds are "interesting" to most players? Are they all "full" with members?

Why would a slower world be less interesting? It's the same game, just with a different pace, so it's a matter of preference. Biscuit currently has 74 managers out of the possible 80, one could say it's pretty full.

Personally I like the 24h cycles, as I want to keep up with what's happening in the game world, and I often might not have time to check in every 6 or 12 hours.

Posted June 16, 2017 - 07:31 AM

IneffableLeafs

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: July 2016
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCanada
@revivaL88

I honestly prefer the slower worlds because I don't have that much time. This is the reason why the forums are 75% lumber managers, because they are willing to commit more time to the game.

Most players when they start from scratch in the lower leagues abuse the computer teams, and thats why you see 10 goalies on one team. Yes, that does make it harder for newer teams.

I personally try to avoid CPU trades to keep a good rep with fellow GMs, but sometimes I will do it.

Posted June 16, 2017 - 10:14 AM

Fangowolf

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2017
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationHouston

This is my 10th season in Lumber.  I started in BHL and had no idea what I was doing.  Decided the 3rd season I would go to LIHL and "learn".  I've made it back up to BHL and learned some things along the way.  I'd be okay with or without a reset frankly.  I think it would be interesting if there was a reset, to have everyone start off in reverse order.  GHL's to LIHL, SHL's to IHL etc.  :)

Posted June 16, 2017 - 10:19 AM

revivaL88

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: June 2017
Rep - Floater

I'm sorry if you got me wrong like this - I wasn't trying to say I disrespect the aspect of time you can or cannot commit to the game. I just felt when I started this off that I wanted to see how this is going, which decisions are better/worse, what the effects are etc. Just a personal taste really, like I have been doing GM like "sims" in EHM / offline manager games that I liked.

I could also imaging trying the 24hr or 12hr circle.

Since Fango just mentioned the reverse order: I was really wondering why the gold teams should get the "gems" in the draft. Isn't it was makes NHL so "interesting", that the poor performers get a gem to get on the right track again? So why is the draft order the way it is (GHL drafts first, then all the rest?)

Best regards :)

Posted June 16, 2017 - 10:32 AM

Scorevat53

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Helpful
This is more of an issue for SHL teams going to GHL. Teams like myself have had prospects for 10+ seasons while the development was stupid fast. I wont have to wotry about relegation, well maybe never. Its always the same bottom feeders and thats what is unfortunate. Whatever happens, will happen. I hope for reset, but not getting my hopes up as many are against it.

JoP

Posted June 16, 2017 - 11:11 AM

JoP

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Helpful

I really don´t have much reasons voting yes I guess ;)

• My team has been doing decently in GHL ( not meaing to be cocky now) for at least, say, 15 seasons or so. Usually with a chance of making a push in the playoffs and even reaching the finals and also grabbing the cup, the trophy, a little now and then, 
  • I have made some adjustments every season, and made my 2nd rebuild last 2-3 seasons, so as of now I have a team I really like. It´s solid, has some depth and most of all is balanced a way I like it now. Both looking at attributes, skills, age and positions.
  • Most importantly! My team right now holds the 1st place in lumber and New Haven is having a great season so far!! Gotta like that :)

Still, and despite all that, I´m voting YES!

I am not superpumped for a reset, but I´m ok with it. Trying to set my own feelings and what would be my own "most fun" scenario and choice aside I think a reset would be the better thing for the game, and the Lumber gameworld. At least if it´s well thought through and planned, because it really isn´t a given thing it will work out.

With that said I hope those of us that are in GHL and played a long time will have a chance to also choose a GHL-team, or be in GHL after the reset, if we want to. 

Anyways; The most important positives I come to think of is:

- Everyone gets a decent chance to get a fresh start, to build something new and to mold and shape a team the way they like it....from scratch! That´s something I guess many of us think is great fun and could forward too. I know I would :)
- The world itself has been a little to affected by bugs, problems, and right now is kind of unbalanced looking at the leaguestrenghts. 

- Most of all, a few teams is maybe to strong and most of all to deep and set up for seasons to come wit a lot of toptalents and top under-25 players. Talents getting a little more spread out I think is the MOST IMPORTANT benefit of a reset.

Still, as mentioned above there are a few negatives that's a little worrying:

- There is always a risk, and probably a likely thing to happen, that cpu-teams will be raided from start. But I  really don´t think that the trading with cpu-teams is the mainproblem. Trading is a part of the game, it´s the system and rules around it that´s the problem.

- Some mentions it will be bugs, problems, in a new world as well, but that´s really a non-argument. It doesn´t add anything, strenghten any of the sides...reset or play on...bugs will happen.

Still, I´m also a bit fed up with those (few) complaing about GHL-teams being strong due to bugs. It´s a such tiny part. Mainly in GHL:s the teams are strong because there are skilled and active managers that built their teams with a plan during many, many seasons! That´s the advantage they, and I have, and I don´t think any of us needs or wants to excuse ourselves for that.

But that´s also the reason I voted YES. Those many seasons in GHL is a big advantage. We´ve had time to build a great team, and having a good solid, deep team also means you have assets in the squad that makes it easier to "stay" strong. Like renewing starplayers contracts, having assets to use in trades, getting high draftpicks etc etc etc...

Hence I think a restart could be the better option. I  can see it as that it both can be a fun challenge with a restart and also, most of all, that it could be GREAT FOR THE GAME AND GAMEWORLD LUMBER to do a restart where everybody starts fresh from day one.

About the mentioned negatives/risks above I have a few thoughts on trading and cpu-teams and the problems we´ve seen with that. Not sure if they are good but here they are. Let´s see if there is any thoughts on them ;)

- Squad size: My biggest concern and wht really disturbs me is the CPU-teams squadmanagement. No team, with active managers in lumber or teams in the real world, would in example have a squad with 5 goalies. Even less trade for a 10th d-man or a 4th goalie in a salarycap league. My suggesgtion is that as soon as a team goes into cpu-management it would be set with some kind of variables for the maximum players on each positions.

My suggestion would be like this: 5 c, 9 fw, 8 def, 2g. (no reason for more goalies since they don´t get injured)

- Any players added cpu is forced to add beyound that, i.ex. because of inury, would be contracts with releasueclause (lower league-style contracts) so a player coming in taking over won´t be sitting with an oversized squad with shitty contracts, meaning he needs half a season to clean up the mess. Overall I think the cpu is really shitty when it comes to manage squads, often seeing big squads with lots of average on long not so great contracts, that´s just bad!...who wants to take over such a team? 

- CPU-teams wouldn´t accept a trade that puts the team over that squadlimit on any position. Hence if u wanna trade with a cpu-team it´s much likely you´ll need to give up/add assets like talents and picks in a trade. This also means CPU-teams will be more attractive to take over IF they have been  cpu-teams for a while and maybe "raided" for some talents., since they more likely at least had a decent return and will have more balanced squads and more of talents 

-  Lower the penalty for realeasing older players, say 34 yo. (like paying 1/4 of the salary instead, half is A LOT I think) Maybe not totally realistic, but i thas two benefits.  Much of the cpu-trading that has been bad for the cpu-teams is because people have wanted to dump players and salary when an older player starts to regress more than one expected. Also if u have a cpu-teams that has a few older players u have a chance to balance up your squad a little with some penalty, but not a disastrous penalty.

-  Add lower league, releaseclause, as a possible contractclause for all leagues/contracts or at least for their first senior-contracts if possible. This would  mean more teams could take a gamble on youths that may be a few steps from really being ready to play in the big league, the seniorteam, but you still would like to keep to see how they develop.

As said, just a few thoughts because I really don´t think it´s only the trading that is the problem. It´s as much about the system around trades and around cpu-teams squadmanagement that is the problem. If we are to get a new world, I think a few such changes is also necessary! My two cents ;)

Posted June 16, 2017 - 12:08 PM

MNLK

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: March 2017
Rep - Floater
  • LocationCanada

What if we started the new game world with a draft on day 1, with no players on everyone's teams so they would have to sign. You could also make computer teams really aggresive in bidding for players so they don't get undermatched

Posted June 16, 2017 - 12:34 PM

HurjaHerra

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Reliable

- The world itself has been a little to affected by bugs, problems, and right now is kind of unbalanced looking at the leaguestrenghts. 

- Most of all, a few teams is maybe to strong and most of all to deep and set up for seasons to come wit a lot of toptalents and top under-25 players. Talents getting a little more spread out I think is the MOST IMPORTANT benefit of a reset.

- There is always a risk, and probably a likely thing to happen, that cpu-teams will be raided from start. But I  really don´t think that the trading with cpu-teams is the mainproblem. Trading is a part of the game, it´s the system and rules around it that´s the problem.

- Some mentions it will be bugs, problems, in a new world as well, but that´s really a non-argument. It doesn´t add anything, strenghten any of the sides...reset or play on...bugs will happen.

It´s a such tiny part. Mainly in GHL:s the teams are strong because there are skilled and active managers that built their teams with a plan during many, many seasons! That´s the advantage they, and I have, and I don´t think any of us needs or wants to excuse ourselves for that.

I really don´t think it´s only the trading that is the problem.

That's like blaming gun company for a murder, because they made the gun.

I think and believe that recen't changes we're made to lower the cap between leagues and I believe they will help, but it's gonna take time. Before there was pretty much endless talent in this game and GHL teams being the most lucrative options they got their fair share of Crosbys, Karlssons and Prices, not to mention players >84 or so are not signing to SHL so it was pretty impossible to promote and compete and maybe will be in the near future, but it should become easier. 

iirc for eg. Rainsilent did say long ago that raiding CPU teams is bad for the game and now that it's done you'r wanting reset, because it get's boring... One world did get a reset, because of that once already, lol...   

BUT! Fear not my brethren! Salvation is here! You can stop it and you don't have to worry about others anymore. Just report them via the button and contact support and help them get their remission. Should keep the game more interesting and competitive and if there's no reset stuff will sort itself overtime. 

E: There's already two pretty good trades made with CPU in @BiscuitGHL in the past 10 days or so, so it's definetly possible.

E2: @MNLK: That would probably take time to code, which Anders lacks, so I guess it's not happening

JoP

Posted June 16, 2017 - 12:54 PM

JoP

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Helpful

That's like blaming gun company for a murder, because they made the gun.

I think and believe that recen't changes we're made to lower the cap between leagues and I believe they will help, but it's gonna take time. Before there was pretty much endless talent in this game and GHL teams being the most lucrative options they got their fair share of Crosbys, Karlssons and Prices, not to mention players >84 or so are not signing to SHL so it was pretty impossible to promote and compete and maybe will be in the near future, but it should become easier. 

iirc for eg. Rainsilent did say long ago that raiding CPU teams is bad for the game and now that it's done you'r wanting reset, because it get's boring... One world did get a reset, because of that once already, lol...   

BUT! Fear not my brethren! Salvation is here! You can stop it and you don't have to worry about others anymore. Just report them via the button and contact support and help them get their remission. Should keep the game more interesting and competitive and if there's no reset stuff will sort itself overtime. 

E: There's already two pretty good trades made with CPU in @BiscuitGHL in the past 10 days or so, so it's definetly possible.

E2: @MNLK: That would probably take time to code, which Anders lacks, so I guess it's not happening

Either you didn´t read my full post, or else I don´t really understand your post or what you mean with your metaphor? ( Not meaning to be rude now, just not sure )

First of all,  Can´t really see how all you can take out from my post is something negative, or me saying trading and raiding is something ok if that´s what you are implying. I don´t blame the tradesystem for all the faults, and I don´t say it´s been, or been used, perfect and fair. All I say cpu-trades WILL happen, and I say there is a risk raiding most likely might happen even in a new gameworld.  I´ve been against the raiding for picks, prospects, etc as when it was at it worst a few seasons ago in lumber. 
Not sure why it´s important what rainsilent said some time ago? Like him, and know he´s active and often has good ideas and input but all I mean is think it was a lot of people saying the same thing, and hope/think most would agree with his opinions, but also know some in Lumber that has a more pragmatic view on trading. 
To me I am anyhow with Rainsilent and MANY OTHERS in that of course we as managers need to play and trade in a responsible way. That´s really crucial!

Also please don´t be ironic about me saying YES to a reset. Just doesn´t help, because either it´s just somewhat rude when I tried to be constructive or else you just misunderstand my post or I was unclear. Sorry if so...but anyhow.

I certainly DID NOT say I WANT a reset because it´s boring, because I need it for fun, That´s just not fair. Just stated early on in my post that a YES may not even be the most logical option looking to myself, for my own fun.
I´m just saying it MAY have benefits for the world, lumber, as a whole, plus it can be some fun, and also some may see it as it will be a chance to get a fresh, fair start.

But not because trading gone wrong only.
To me a bigger problem would be the balance between leagues, and that has as much to do with history. When there we´re fewer human managed teams those cpu-teams (as I said) was , and is, far worse managed looking at managing squad, prospectdevelopment and most of all contracts. (paying to much for to little to often)
Hence many human GHL-teams, and this is just my thoughts (may be wrong), started to build up a huge advantage via smarter squadmanagement piece by piece, season by season, already from 10-15 seasons ago. Trading is one part but there are many others, like manage prospects and their develpment right, letting go of deadwood, keeping stars, having a balanced squad.

I agree the system is improved, things are more balanced etc. So, sure, the changes are positives and HELP A LOT making things improve even more.
All I am saying, or trying to say, in my post is I agree the system is improved, but it needs further improvements and then trying to suggest a few ways it can be done.

• Both for the cause of trading, making it harder to trade and making shitty caprealeaseoffers etc with the CPU-team.
  • Also for the cause of keeping cpu-teams more balanced, since I think the algoritm for the CPU-teams seems to be set so they keep far bigger squads than most human players would. This hardly is ideal since, from what I get in chat etc, most people taking over teams that has been handled by the cpu for a while usually think they get an overly big squad to manage, and hence clean up to make it a working team.

Sorry HurjaHerra if I was unclear, and if I misunderstood you and your metaphor. But, I think at least, we actually are on the same page. Still, I think cpu-trades should be possible and a part of the game, but all I´m trying to say that the more we can do to balance things up, help cpu-teams be balanced and competetive and trading to be as fair as possible, the better it is of course.

But as said, these are just my thoughts, I am happy for input and certainly ain´t sure about the right way to go. Just tried to give some constructive thoughts.... ;)

Posted June 16, 2017 - 01:04 PM

Scorevat53

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Helpful

I really don´t have much reasons voting yes I guess ;)

• My team has been doing decently in GHL ( not meaing to be cocky now) for at least, say, 15 seasons or so. Usually with a chance of making a push in the playoffs and even reaching the finals and also grabbing the cup, the trophy, a little now and then, 
  • I have made some adjustments every season, and made my 2nd rebuild last 2-3 seasons, so as of now I have a team I really like. It´s solid, has some depth and most of all is balanced a way I like it now. Both looking at attributes, skills, age and positions.
  • Most importantly! My team right now holds the 1st place in lumber and New Haven is having a great season so far!! Gotta like that :)
Still, and despite all that, I´m voting YES!
I am not superpumped for a reset, but I´m ok with it. Trying to set my own feelings and what would be my own "most fun" scenario and choice aside I think a reset would be the better thing for the game, and the Lumber gameworld. At least if it´s well thought through and planned, because it really isn´t a given thing it will work out.With that said I hope those of us that are in GHL and played a long time will have a chance to also choose a GHL-team, or be in GHL after the reset, if we want to. Anyways; The most important positives I come to think of is:

- Everyone gets a decent chance to get a fresh start, to build something new and to mold and shape a team the way they like it....from scratch! That´s something I guess many of us think is great fun and could forward too. I know I would :)

Still, as mentioned above there are a few negatives that's a little worrying:

Still, I´m also a bit fed up with those (few) complaing about GHL-teams being strong due to bugs. It´s a such tiny part. Mainly in GHL:s the teams are strong because there are skilled and active managers that built their teams with a plan during many, many seasons! That´s the advantage they, and I have, and I don´t think any of us needs or wants to excuse ourselves for that.
But that´s also the reason I voted YES. Those many seasons in GHL is a big advantage. We´ve had time to build a great team, and having a good solid, deep team also means you have assets in the squad that makes it easier to "stay" strong. Like renewing starplayers contracts, having assets to use in trades, getting high draftpicks etc etc etc...

Hence I think a restart could be the better option. I  can see it as that it both can be a fun challenge with a restart and also, most of all, that it could be GREAT FOR THE GAME AND GAMEWORLD LUMBER to do a restart where everybody starts fresh from day one.About the mentioned negatives/risks above I have a few thoughts on trading and cpu-teams and the problems we´ve seen with that. Not sure if they are good but here they are. Let´s see if there is any thoughts on them ;)

- Squad size: My biggest concern and wht really disturbs me is the CPU-teams squadmanagement. No team, with active managers in lumber or teams in the real world, would in example have a squad with 5 goalies. Even less trade for a 10th d-man or a 4th goalie in a salarycap league. My suggesgtion is that as soon as a team goes into cpu-management it would be set with some kind of variables for the maximum players on each positions.

My suggestion would be like this: 5 c, 9 fw, 8 def, 2g. (no reason for more goalies since they don´t get injured)
- Any players added cpu is forced to add beyound that, i.ex. because of inury, would be contracts with releasueclause (lower league-style contracts) so a player coming in taking over won´t be sitting with an oversized squad with shitty contracts, meaning he needs half a season to clean up the mess. Overall I think the cpu is really shitty when it comes to manage squads, often seeing big squads with lots of average on long not so great contracts, that´s just bad!...who wants to take over such a team? 

- CPU-teams wouldn´t accept a trade that puts the team over that squadlimit on any position. Hence if u wanna trade with a cpu-team it´s much likely you´ll need to give up/add assets like talents and picks in a trade. This also means CPU-teams will be more attractive to take over IF they have been  cpu-teams for a while and maybe "raided" for some talents., since they more likely at least had a decent return and will have more balanced squads and more of talents 
-  Lower the penalty for realeasing older players, say 34 yo. (like paying 1/4 of the salary instead, half is A LOT I think) Maybe not totally realistic, but i thas two benefits.  Much of the cpu-trading that has been bad for the cpu-teams is because people have wanted to dump players and salary when an older player starts to regress more than one expected. Also if u have a cpu-teams that has a few older players u have a chance to balance up your squad a little with some penalty, but not a disastrous penalty.
-  Add lower league, releaseclause, as a possible contractclause for all leagues/contracts or at least for their first senior-contracts if possible. This would  mean more teams could take a gamble on youths that may be a few steps from really being ready to play in the big league, the seniorteam, but you still would like to keep to see how they develop.As said, just a few thoughts because I really don´t think it´s only the trading that is the problem. It´s as much about the system around trades and around cpu-teams squadmanagement that is the problem. If we are to get a new world, I think a few such changes is also necessary! My two cents ;)

I agree with what you say 100%. I also think the trading is better now so you have to give up more, but you look at Renegades who rejoined, he has a team with garbage contracts and millions of players with little to none worthy prospects. Thats very discouraging if youre joining a league. I like your points JoP, I hope things work out for everybody eventually.

Im rather happy with my team, but I sometimes want to feel the worry of my team meeting relegation, I also think new leagues means a lot of trades with users. I say this because some teams would have influx of defense and others forwards. It makes thing interesting imo. Also you cant keep leaving your team to get the best team if a reset happens because there is now a 2 hour penalty. Only worry is for people that want to keep their team names. That could cause issues.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Posted June 16, 2017 - 02:37 PM

Baden

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Reliable

I'm new to this so maybe this is not possible....for starters I'm in the Iron league in clapper,,,here's my thought...In the NHL The lowest teams have access to the best new talent. if he is under 21 he must sign a 3 year Deal with the LIHL Giving the lower teams a chance to improve ... after 3 years this player can sign to the next league up from the league he is in. after 5 seasons he can sign to any league..... example...... player A signs to lihl team... 2nd season team is promoted to ihl ...after 3rd season team is still in ihl but player A can sign to bhl.... after season 5 he can get signed by any league...... Lower teams may get promoted faster .... just a thought

Posted June 16, 2017 - 02:59 PM

GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1261 posts
  • 140 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

I've collected a little more than a third of all manager's opinions now. I will give the poll at least one more day before announcing the result of the poll.

Anders is this simply a server issue?  If you can't add a new lightning world then I would accept the upgrade of Lumber, but I'd really like to know the reason why we have to toss the baby out with the bathwater and would hope that this isn't a precedent.

Yes, the main reason why I can't add another fast world (or even lightning) is because of server and database performance. The current build is best suited for slow and normal worlds. But I am looking into on how to solve this so I can add unlimited game worlds, regardless of speed. I know how to do it. It just would take me quite some time to rebuild.

I'm quite new to this game, but I wonder if many of the slow, normal speed worlds are "interesting" to most players? Are they all "full" with members? For me it seems like I would rather have an even faster league.

Yes, the slow and normal speed are the most popular. Here's a list of number of available teams for new users at the moment:

Available teams in Game World Clapper: 0

Available teams in Game World Biscuit: 1
Available teams in Game World Howitzer: 1
Available teams in Game World Lumber: 10
Available teams in Game World Fishbowl: 6

Posted June 16, 2017 - 03:02 PM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • 10 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

I'm new to this so maybe this is not possible....for starters I'm in the Iron league in clapper,,,here's my thought...In the NHL The lowest teams have access to the best new talent. if he is under 21 he must sign a 3 year Deal with the LIHL Giving the lower teams a chance to improve ... after 3 years this player can sign to the next league up from the league he is in. after 5 seasons he can sign to any league..... example...... player A signs to lihl team... 2nd season team is promoted to ihl ...after 3rd season team is still in ihl but player A can sign to bhl.... after season 5 he can get signed by any league...... Lower teams may get promoted faster .... just a thought

First of all, changing the draft to this won't make teams get promoted faster,  they'll still get promoted at the same rate. Second of all, it just doesn't make sense for the lowest tier to get the best picks, nor does it make sense for the top tier to get the worst picks. Why should the teams that get to sign 65 overall players then get to draft 80 overall players? It would make the lower division a league completely reliant on luck. Not to mention once the entry level expires, the majority of teams will lose their "top pick" because there are very few managers able to earn a promotion in consecutive seasons and no top picks will be willing to sign in anywhere less than the SHL once their contract expires. This format also would make the draft completely useless to the SHL+GHL teams. Finally, look at it from a players perspective, why would a player want to go to a team where their only making 12k versus a possibility of 500k in the GHL (I'm guessing at what the prospects make because I forget). Even for the worse players, they're not going to get signed or played in the big leagues, I'm sure that they'd rather be playing and making money even if it's 12k rather than nothing.

I'm sorry for the rant, but I've seen this same suggestion brought up multiple times recently and people need to realize that it doesn't make much sense due to the games format. The current system is a good balance giving the worst teams in a division the better picks possible for their level. Giving the promoting teams the best possible picks and the demoting teams the worst possible picks in their new league. The 1st round pick is also better than the 3rd round pick of the tier above which lets all teams get a chance at a decent prospect for their division.

Posted June 16, 2017 - 03:05 PM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • 10 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Yes, the slow and normal speed are the most popular. Here's a list of number of available teams for new users at the moment:

Available teams in Game World Clapper: 0

Available teams in Game World Biscuit: 1
Available teams in Game World Howitzer: 1
Available teams in Game World Lumber: 10
Available teams in Game World Fishbowl: 6

Keep in mind that the managers getting fired due to inactivity also happens faster in fast worlds, so there's more cycling of managers. I imagine that the popularity of each type of world is somewhat the same.

Posted June 16, 2017 - 03:11 PM

HurjaHerra

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Either you didn´t read my full post, or else I don´t really understand your post or what you mean with your metaphor? ( Not meaning to be rude now, just not sure )

First of all,  Can´t really see how all you can take out from my post is something negative, or me saying trading and raiding is something ok if that´s what you are implying. I don´t blame the tradesystem for all the faults, and I don´t say it´s been, or been used, perfect and fair. All I say cpu-trades WILL happen, and I say there is a risk raiding most likely might happen even in a new gameworld.  I´ve been against the raiding for picks, prospects, etc as when it was at it worst a few seasons ago in lumber. 
Not sure why it´s important what rainsilent said some time ago? Like him, and know he´s active and often has good ideas and input but all I mean is think it was a lot of people saying the same thing, and hope/think most would agree with his opinions, but also know some in Lumber that has a more pragmatic view on trading. 
To me I am anyhow with Rainsilent and MANY OTHERS in that of course we as managers need to play and trade in a responsible way. That´s really crucial!

Also please don´t be ironic about me saying YES to a reset. Just doesn´t help, because either it´s just somewhat rude when I tried to be constructive or else you just misunderstand my post or I was unclear. Sorry if so...but anyhow.

I certainly DID NOT say I WANT a reset because it´s boring, because I need it for fun, That´s just not fair. Just stated early on in my post that a YES may not even be the most logical option looking to myself, for my own fun.
I´m just saying it MAY have benefits for the world, lumber, as a whole, plus it can be some fun, and also some may see it as it will be a chance to get a fresh, fair start.

But not because trading gone wrong only.
To me a bigger problem would be the balance between leagues, and that has as much to do with history. When there we´re fewer human managed teams those cpu-teams (as I said) was , and is, far worse managed looking at managing squad, prospectdevelopment and most of all contracts. (paying to much for to little to often)
Hence many human GHL-teams, and this is just my thoughts (may be wrong), started to build up a huge advantage via smarter squadmanagement piece by piece, season by season, already from 10-15 seasons ago. Trading is one part but there are many others, like manage prospects and their develpment right, letting go of deadwood, keeping stars, having a balanced squad.

I agree the system is improved, things are more balanced etc. So, sure, the changes are positives and HELP A LOT making things improve even more.
All I am saying, or trying to say, in my post is I agree the system is improved, but it needs further improvements and then trying to suggest a few ways it can be done.

• Both for the cause of trading, making it harder to trade and making shitty caprealeaseoffers etc with the CPU-team.
  • Also for the cause of keeping cpu-teams more balanced, since I think the algoritm for the CPU-teams seems to be set so they keep far bigger squads than most human players would. This hardly is ideal since, from what I get in chat etc, most people taking over teams that has been handled by the cpu for a while usually think they get an overly big squad to manage, and hence clean up to make it a working team.

Sorry HurjaHerra if I was unclear, and if I misunderstood you and your metaphor. But, I think at least, we actually are on the same page. Still, I think cpu-trades should be possible and a part of the game, but all I´m trying to say that the more we can do to balance things up, help cpu-teams be balanced and competetive and trading to be as fair as possible, the better it is of course.

But as said, these are just my thoughts, I am happy for input and certainly ain´t sure about the right way to go. Just tried to give some constructive thoughts.... ;)

Sorry, I did read you'r full post and yes we are on the same page, I guess. It wasn't aimed at you or ment to shoot down you'r post, sorry bout that. Just grapped some stuff from here and there, which I guess I disagreed a bit :P You'r not the first one to misunderstand me today, lol :D

Nor did I ment that no one xept Rainsilent plays "fair", it was just that he's the one I remember telling ppl why abusing CPU is bad and some haven't learned it even after "the first reset". 

I support CPU trading being part of the game aswell, but not how some ppl are using it, which in my opinion is atleast a big factor if not biggest in widening the cap between SHL and GHL, which is the biggest one imo, never struggled with any other jump.

Yes, there's other stuff aswell, but that imo. is/was the biggest, since getting all the goodies from CPU and tossing crap back is eliminating competition at the same time as making yourself better. The other one was surplus of talent that only signed to GHL teams, which also fed the abusive trades, but it's being adressed by the fixes. I heard a lot of that it's the system not me and others do it too so I have to, but those excuses really should be in the past, because of report/support thingy and people wanting a reset to make things more interesting pretty much for the same reason the first reset was made. Let's just hope things are learned this time around aswell.

So with or without reset Lumber should be getting in better shape, resetting would make it happens faster, but still should happen in both ways and hey! It's Lumber! So time should fly!

Can't think, hopefully it's atleast closer to what I was trying to say :D

• JoP likes this

Posted June 16, 2017 - 03:13 PM

Scorevat53

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Helpful
^ True.