• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: June 2016
Rep - Reliable

I know it's early, but a few couple things I've noticed about my team: 

- My young goalie (Mensing) has the potential to be a star

- My free agent signings for defensemen are not panning out the way I would like

Also, can anyone stop Edgewood?  The same thing happened last year, it's incredible.  

Posted May 27, 2017 - 12:11 PM

GregJ

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: March 2017
Rep - Reliable
Yes it is early... But I'm hoping my early success is a good indicator. I'd like to at least participate in the BHL playoffs for the first time

Lineup has been tweaked this season... Using two new C on the first line. Both studs, but one has much better faceoffs. Last year I was averaging 35/65 splits!!

Posted May 27, 2017 - 12:22 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
@theweekknights: yeah, meaning looks promising for a youngster. I almost drafted him too- hopefully my New goalie will pan out also. It's difficult to sign top free agents in the GHL because a lot of the best players tend to choose a more tenured, successful team over a newer one.

@GregJ: I'm still trying to figure out if faceoffs play any importance - wizard, you have any thoughts on that since you don't seem to focus on that as much?

Posted May 28, 2017 - 08:52 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 459 posts
  • 15 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

You're right, EXXEO, my team is not a faceoff powerhouse, but much like in real hockey, winning the draw is important, it gives you an immediate advantage.

My goal is to get more centermen who can win faceoffs.  Every little edge in this game helps!

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | SHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted May 31, 2017 - 09:16 AM

GregJ

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable
Huh. A computer team just traded away their 81 ovr for 3 players 71, 69 and 68. In BHL.

Oh wait, it wasn't a computer team for a brief while. Huh.

Posted May 31, 2017 - 02:02 PM

Baden

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Reliable

Can you offer your players contract extensions?

Posted May 31, 2017 - 02:06 PM

GregJ

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Yes, but not everyone will be open to negotiations. Some will say that they are happy with their contract and leave it at that.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Posted May 31, 2017 - 04:42 PM

Baden

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable

@ Gregj Thanks thats what I figured.... slowly catching on  :cool:

Posted May 31, 2017 - 09:39 PM

GregJ

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable
...Aaaaaand I'm now in 7th place, out of the playoffs. Bah.

But as a consolation, I'm only 2 points out of 2nd, as positions #2 to #6 are tied with 27 points, and I have 25.

Yes, I know it's early. But it's looking like there will be a logjam to the playoffs this season... I hope one of my new guys can help with the push!

Posted June 01, 2017 - 08:58 AM

bhandsome08

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2017
Rep - Helpful

Huh. A computer team just traded away their 81 ovr for 3 players 71, 69 and 68. In BHL.

Oh wait, it wasn't a computer team for a brief while. Huh.

Anyone wanna look into this trade? Looks like "Fred Jamison" made the trade then resigned right after. The trade was made in BHL Day 19 between Chattanooga Cherokees & Fort Pierce Bears. Fred Jamison and Fred Lindholm could possibly be the same person.

Don't want this to end up like the Jon Cooper/Frank Smith situation that happened in Lumber.

Posted June 01, 2017 - 11:01 AM

GregJ

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable

I've already put a "report cheating" request on the team. I would suggest that you do as well, if you haven't already.

That said, whatever happens, I plan on telling the coach to make a statement the next time we play the Bears ;)

Also, in true passive-aggressive form, I have requested my assistant GM to barrage the team with trade requests for the player in question. :D

Posted June 01, 2017 - 11:25 AM

bhandsome08

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

I've already put a "report cheating" request on the team. I would suggest that you do as well, if you haven't already.

That said, whatever happens, I plan on telling the coach to make a statement the next time we play the Bears ;)

Also, in true passive-aggressive form, I have requested my assistant GM to barrage the team with trade requests for the player in question. :D

I've already reported him and PM'd Anders to look into it. It would be helpful if "Fred Jamison" could be found in other game worlds/teams.

It's really looking like it will be a tough season, not much separation between teams

Posted June 01, 2017 - 01:14 PM

GregJ

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable
It's crazy -- 11 points (less than four wins) separates 1st and 10th!

@bhandsome BTW we play each other tomorrow. Good luck -- lets hope its a close, hard-fought contest!

Posted June 03, 2017 - 04:20 PM

Smashvilles4Realz

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

Hello everyone! My name is Rodj and i have recently taken the helm of the Chattanooga Cherokees (formerly Brownrigg Redneck Hill?) in the Clapper BHL. I've been playing the game for about 3 or 4 months in Biscuit and decided to branch out a little and maybe find a more active league. I was going to post in the "introduce" tread but i saw the chatter regarding a suspicious trade. The trade with the Bears was made before i took over i can assure you. Since taking over, i have signed several free agents to upgrade the team (which btw has much more talent than my Biscuit team) and i have had 2 trades proposed to me. I rejected one trade proposed by the Canuck Gaurdians and i accepted another from the Sault Ste Marie Stray Cats for forward Maxence Bruno.

I have a ton of work to do with this team, which is great. The defense was just awful and goal tending even worse. The roster has players on the wrong side of 35 all over the place. But there are alot of positives as well. I see some great prospects and as i've mentioned, added some great young free agents to help turn this team around. On day 19 of season 19 I took the reigns of a winless team after 12 tries and on day 24 the team tasted victory for the first time at the expense of the Goldenville Hornets. And the winning didn't stop there as they marched into the lair of the #6 Deadwood Irishmen and left with the win in a tough back-and-forth battle. 2-0-0-17 for those keeping score at home. Sky's the limit. See you on the ice!

Posted June 03, 2017 - 05:03 PM

Baden

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Hey Rodj  My name is Baden I run the North Sydney Skyline in Clapper IHL I'm new to this as well and having a lot of fun. everyone I've spoken to for help have been great. GL to you and Welcome!  :) 

Posted June 03, 2017 - 07:47 PM

bhandsome08

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful
BHL Neepawa Cavalry.
Looking to trade 81 overall defender who is only 21. Draft picks or a top forward preferred.

Rhian Crose
http://www.gameplanh...ayer?gpid=42753

Posted June 04, 2017 - 11:16 AM

Smashvilles4Realz

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

Thanks Baden nice to meet you! wow what a difference day makes. While preparing my last-place squad to take on the #1 ranked Caunck Guardians, 4 more free agents came on board. Veteran goaltender Jad Sherry, Russian winger Mykhail Osipenko, as well as centermen Alessandro Missiroli and Mikita Mazurkiewicz (a 25 year old stud picked up just hours after being released 2 days into a 3 year contract from, guess who, Fort Pierce Bears). Jad Sherry immediately won the coaches over with his high spirit and was thrust into the starting role before the ink was dry on the contract. The result? 29 saves and the #1 star in a classic worst-beats-first scenario. The other 3 new guys were busy making an impression as well, collecting a point a piece (2 with goals,1 with a helper) in route to a 5-2 upset. Next up? The team that replaced the Guardians at the top. Worst v. 1st part 2. No big deal.

Posted June 04, 2017 - 08:25 PM

Vincent C

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: June 2015
Rep - Floater

Welcome Rodj, enjoy Clapper! And thanks for your active writing on your team, I like it :)

My team is not on form this season, new team that did great last season reaching the first GHL playoffs in history of the franchise.

But it seems to have been a fluke... the youngsters are not filling the gaps and I'm off to fight to prevent relegation for now it seeems.

But hey, only 1/3 of the season has been played, it could all still change!

Thanked by 1 Member:

Posted June 04, 2017 - 08:26 PM

Vincent C

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: June 2015
Rep - Floater

P.S. Where does Zhou come from all of a sudden? (Swansea Mariners) ... and welcome of course!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users