As per Keskustankeisari's request, here are Game World Fishbowl's GHL Power Rankings for season 9.
I calculated the averages the exact same way that Erzac did in his post, so if you want the calculation rules, visit this thread: GHL s10 power rankings.
This is based on the lineups after the first preseason game, or early day 5.
A Couple of Notes:
- Pinewood doesn't have 12 forwards, I assume they sign an 84 rated center/forward.
- I may have missed someones forum name, if I have, post below and I'll add it.
- All predictions are unbiased, no prediction I made or calculation is meant to favour any team, including mine. Simply my opinion.
- Any star (*) indicates a tie in position in terms of overall. The team rated higher in the power rankings had a stronger finish last season.
Alright then, the teams are listed best to worst in terms of overall:
1. Larson Knights (GM: Kelvin)
OFF: 89 DEF: 92 SG: 91 OVR: 89.8
Previous Finish: 1st, Eliminated first round
2. Cedar Rapids Panthers (GM: Mauri Nieminen)
OFF: 88 DEF: 87 SG: 88 OVR: 87.9
Previous Finish: 8th, Eliminated semi finals
3. Horn Lake Hooligans (GM: Mike Grubb - Mickg34)
OFF: 87 DEF: 88 SG: 96 OVR: 87.7
Previous Finish: 3rd, Eliminated semi finals
4. *Hawkeye Revolution (GM: Marcel Proust - Haradrim)
OFF: 87 DEF: 88 SG: 90 OVR: 87.5
Previous Finish: 4th, Lost Golden Cup finals
5. *Cuba City Eagles (GM: Mare Maro)
OFF: 87 DEF: 89 SG: 87 OVR: 87.5
Previous Finish: 2nd, Eliminated first round
6. Jolly Rattlers (GM: Jaryn Barnes - JBizzle)
OFF: 86 DEF: 86 SG: 90 OVR: 86.4
Previous Finish: 7th, Golden Cup Winner
7. Sellwood Spirits (GM: Misco Grossi)
OFF: 86 DEF: 87 SG: 89 OVR: 86.1
Previous Finish: 13th, Survived relegation playoff
8. Montmorency Vortex (GM: Peter T. - IneffableLeafs)
OFF: 86 DEF: 86 SG: 90 OVR: 85.9
Previous Finish: 1st, SHL
9. Wynyard Wildfire (GM: Matthew Berntsen)
OFF: 85 DEF: 87 SG: 86 OVR: 85.7
Previous Finish: 12th
10. Canuck Mighty Rhinos (Computer)
OFF: 86 DEF: 85 SG: 84 OVR: 85.6
Previous Finish: 9th
11. Pinewood Lumberjacks (GM: Matthew Henke - MattLumberjacks)
OFF: 85 DEF: 85 SG: 89 OVR: 85.4
Previous Finish: 2nd, SHL
12. *Wildwood Violent Rush (GM: Juho Kainulainen - Keskustankeisari )
OFF: 84 DEF: 86 SG: 90 OVR: 85.3
Previous Finish: 5th, Eliminated first round
13. *Blenheim Pirates (GM: Martin J.)
OFF: 85 DEF: 86 SG: 90 OVR: 85.3
Previous Finish: 6th, Eliminated first round
14. Urbancrest Comets (GM: Noah High - Noah)
OFF: 85 DEF: 85 SG: 87 OVR: 85.1
Previous Finish: 10th
15. Wolfe Wolves (GM: Marcel Cloutier)
OFF: 85 DEF: 84 SG: 90 OVR: 84.9
Previous Finish: 11th
16. Merrick Thunder (GM: Matt Jaworski)
OFF: 84 DEF: 85 SG: 86 OVR: 84.3
Previous Finish: 3rd, SHL, promoted via promotion playoff
So there you go fishbowl GHL, use this information as you'd like.
8 Predictions for Season 9 in the GHL
1. Canuck Mighty Rhinos relegated - The only computer controlled team in the league, is likely to suffer the same fate as the computer teams in season 8, Red River Dragons and the South Township Spartans. Owning by far the worst starting goalie in the GHL, at only 84, they should have a dismal season as human managers pick off their stars.
2. It's the same old contenders - The talent gap after the Cuba City Eagles is immense. The contenders: Larson, Cedar Rapids, Horn Lake, Cuba City, and possible Jolly, should all clinch playoff spots due to the talent difference. Expect Larson to bounce back after winning three league titles in a row and being beat by Cedar Rapids, who will likely finish higher than 8th this season.
3. Tight battle for 7th and 8th - After playoff runs, Wildwood and Blenheim both regressed, due to old age, and expiring contracts. However, they will both be expected to finish 7th and 8th due to their experience. However, the emergence of the Sellwood Spirits should not be ignored, and the Montmorency Vortex and Wynyard Wildfire both look to make the playoffs as well, possibly the first for both managers in Fishbowl.
4. Emergence of new talents - At season 9, the stars that fist emerged in season 1, such as Ivar Lund, Eser Heinze, Dominik Svidran, and Nilo Strinberg, all are on the verge of declining, making room for new stars to step up to the plate, starting with season 4 and 5 draftees: Jeffrey Richardson, Joen Jacobsen, and Bo Welker.
5. Emergence of new playoff teams - After teams such as Hawkeye, Wildwood, and Canuck, who came out of lower leagues and established themselves in the GHL, with managers Matthew Henke, Matt Jaworski, and Peter T. building formidable teams directly after promotion, and Sellwood also having a great offseason, expect new playoff teams. This will be the first taste of human competition to stay in the league for some established teams, and don't be surprised if a formidable team goes down instead of the recently promoted. Also, the Jolly Rattlers' offense is ageing, and will start to regress, and along with a poor defensive corps for a playoff team, even a 90 rated goalie may not save them from a mid table finish this season.
6. A decent draft - Analysis of major junior teams throughout the world shows that this draft will be pretty strong, and should have an above average top 10, with okay depth. Early in the season, no game-breakers have emerged yet, but in the USA, goaltender Chris McCready is surprising many scouts with his superb ability, notably his athleticism. He looks like a GHL star for sure.
7. Expect Batchawana back - The prime favourite for the SHL title, Batchawana should solidify the GHL as a completely human division next season, assuming Canuck is relegated, and their reputation as a 'battlin' team should pull them a long way, especially in hopes of landing them Chris McCready in the upcoming draft.
8. Team spirit will be important - Looking at the league, other than contenders, the rest of the standings will be anyone's guess. Many are expecting that winner instinct, teamwork, and most importantly confidence will greatly influence the table this season, with such even teams.
Hope you guys found this useful or interesting