SuperStian

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: April 2017
Rep - Floater

Hi, I'm a little bit confused by the "winner instinct" measure for teams. Earlier I have suspected that it is based on the "big games" attribute for the players, maybe combined with "teamwork".
After making sure most of my players are relatively good there, and I have "harmony" in the teamwork measure, it still wont get green, and I see other teams not doing this at all, having a lot better winner instinct.

Does anyone have any insight/tips?
Does contract happiness/frustration affect this?
Will performance, or your current placing/importance of games affect it?
I have heard that it is good to have more players on your team even if they dont play, to help these factors. Is that true?

Posted May 09, 2017 - 01:13 AM

MattBerserkers

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

For a heroic winners instinct you need:

*at most 1, maybe 2 nervous players in your line-up

*at most, only a few anxious players

*a few heroic players, but not too many

*the remaining players either be responsible or else determined. Preferably determined

Things that might help, but I'm not sure/haven't tested:

*Captains with a green big game trait

*enough backup players with a decent big game trait in case of injuries (my awkward phrasing to avoid double shifting players)

*I'm not sure if contract happiness has any effect, however, I do know that teams play worse with frustrated players

*I don't think recent performance affects winner's instinct, but it does have an effect on confidence

*players not currently in the line-up have a minimal effect on team spirit traits. Adding an extra 50 determined players to your team won't really change anything, so just spend your cap on a better player instead ;)

Posted May 09, 2017 - 04:23 AM

SuperStian

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: April 2017
Rep - Floater

Thank you for the help. So the players who affect this are only the players in your lineup.

Is there any difference between a player with a lot of ice-time and one with a little bit?
for example, will a "nervous" player in line 1 with 50% ice-time + PP and PK affect the winner instinct more than a 4th line player with 5% ice-time?

How often/how much will this update?
If I have a very good winner instinct, but then add 3 nervous players to the lineup (that was scratched earlier) does my winner instinct drop instantly as I change the lineup, before/after the next game, or gradually over a number of games?

Posted May 09, 2017 - 08:11 PM

IneffableLeafs

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: July 2016
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCanada

If I may add to Lumberjacks' list, there are a few other things that helped me raise mine:

• Cocky Players: I recommend around 3-5 of these players, logically a cocky player would be more of a shooter than a passer, thus increasing your chance of winning games.
  • Arrogant Players: I recommend around 1-3 of these players, logically an arrogant player will kill a bit of your teamwork, but from my experience, these players have the same increase of winner instinct effect as cocky players.
  • Not Too Many Leaders: Both of my alternate captains were bench players. I was able to get all of my team spirit into the green, with harmony in teamwork and strong winner instinct. To me this is just personal experience, because even my captain was a third line center with the 'Commander' trait, but also being 'Arrogant' and 'Nervous'. For a lot of my game analyses, it stated that my captain, despite having 3 red traits, prepared our team well for the game. I also think too many leaders will damper your winners instinct in the same way that too many heroic players would.

So basically, 4-8 cocky/arrogant players in total, which I have seen other teams have and have a maxed out heroic winner instinct.

Keep in mind though, I have found that team confidence is instrumental in your team's final position in the standings. So as long as your players match your tactics, your team will win. In fishbowl silver, I won the league by 27 points due to my high confidence, as well as keeping up teamwork and winners instinct to a good level.

Pinewood, finishing 2nd, also had all greens.

The best example in fishbowl though, is the 1st place Larson Knights. Finishing 1st by 21 points, their confidence was perfect, nearly a full bar. Their winners instinct was only ok, but they smashed the league. Same thing can be said about the 2nd place Cuba City Eagles.

Anyways, you can take my advice if you want, but Lumberjacks is probably better.

Posted August 24, 2017 - 10:43 PM

MWiles

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: June 2017
Rep - Floater
What can you do with frustrated or concerned players?
Also what about nervous and cocky same player?

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger bat

It's not paranoia if they are really out to get you!

Posted August 24, 2017 - 11:31 PM

HippoShaman

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: July 2017
Rep - Floater
I had some concerned players ("Doesn't feel appreciated by the club") and after offering them extensions they were happy again. Also I feel that giving them more ice-time could help but haven't tried it yet.

Posted August 25, 2017 - 03:38 AM

ColoKrabatt

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2017
Rep - Reliable
Yeah, HippoShaman have gave you good advice. You must take care of your squad! Of course that "Doesn't feel appreciated by the club" means he want more ice time, if you're giving him any. This status most often have players which have little or non ice time or with ending contacts. If you don't count on him just release him or trade him. 

With cocky or nervous players you can't do anything. Just, you shouldn't have too many nervous players. And cocky or arrogant guys could be super snipers cause they're more likely scoring before passing. It don't means that every red ability is bad. You must find balance, that's what this game is about. Give some time to read reports about matches, find the best position and role for every player and play tactics matching to your players' abilities.

ATTACK |GHL| KINGSTON KINGSMEN

Posted September 10, 2017 - 11:26 AM

MWiles

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater
Does the player who is nervous cancel out the effect of being cocky

Posted September 10, 2017 - 11:26 AM

MWiles

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater
Does a player nervousness cancel out his being cocky?

Posted March 07, 2019 - 12:41 AM

MattBerserkers

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Idk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users