annarorhawk

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2017
Rep - Floater

I'm manager of Blakely Chariots in IHL.  I have a player in the last year of his contract that looks like a future SHL/GHL star: T. Lariviere-Chapdelaine (F)

He could help a BHL team looking to win promotion in the playoffs, or a struggling SHL team to stave off relegation. 

Admittedly, he will be hard to re-sign after this season.  

I've clinched 1st, and I know I won't be able to keep him. So I'll trade him to the highest bidder...... 

Posted May 05, 2017 - 03:58 PM

IneffableLeafs

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: July 2016
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCanada
You'll have a tough time selling that player annarorhawk.

You can't trade him to the SHL and not many BHL teams will be able to afford his salary, which should be around $1.0 mil for an 81 rated player.

Your best bet would be to trade him to a CPU team for any sort of value, like a draft pick, or a good prospect, or even a roster player on a good contract.

Unfortunately this happened to me when I was in the IHL. I had a 21 year old 81 rated player (similar to yours) and I couldn't resign nor trade him. He's walked, but now I'm in the SHL and have clinched promotion to GHL next season, so I wouldn't be bothered much even if he walked.

Posted May 06, 2017 - 07:14 PM

granpubah

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Reliable

thanks for the trade.  I was reluctant to take it but  T. Lariviere-Chapdelaine (F) is already paying off big time.  did he come to you in the draft or a trade?   If in a draft pick how did you get high enough to get a player of his qualify?

Posted May 06, 2017 - 09:58 PM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Looks like he was drafted as a 2nd round bhl and then traded to the chariots in season 7. Hint: You can see a player's history the player's bio page :). As far as the draft pick goes, his skill at that age is a gem for where he was picked. Unfortunately, young guys will usually take 1 to 2 seasons in order to get competitive in the league they were drafted, but if you think it will take you a few season in a league in order to earn a promotion, prospects are great assets. Just realize that if you are utilizing them enough to improve their skills quicker, you will likely finish in mid to bottom rankings, but if you survive, the payoff can be huge (a couple guys similar to Chapdelaine).

Posted May 08, 2017 - 08:04 AM

annarorhawk

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Floater

I traded for him soon after I took over my team. Strangely it was to a guy who was promoting to the BHL (Team was Nottingham Reds). At the time he was mid-70's and still had 3 years on initial contract, so i didn't see why he wanted to let him go. The player just sky-rocketed in skill this season and is the probably the main reason I'm in 1st place. I hope you find a way to resign him, though it will tough.  At his growth rate, he'll be mid-90s type player I would think.  The guy I took in turn I think was fair value, as I might only have him for 1 season for the same reason.

I know Ill be following TLC, just to see how far he goes.  Good luck.

Posted May 08, 2017 - 08:04 AM

annarorhawk

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Floater

I traded for him soon after I took over my team. Strangely it was to a guy who was promoting to the BHL (Team was Nottingham Reds). At the time he was mid-70's and still had 3 years on initial contract, so i didn't see why he wanted to let him go. The player just sky-rocketed in skill this season and is the probably the main reason I'm in 1st place. I hope you find a way to resign him, though it will tough.  At his growth rate, he'll be mid-90s type player I would think.  The guy I took in turn I think was fair value, as I might only have him for 1 season for the same reason.

I know Ill be following TLC, just to see how far he goes.  Good luck.

Posted May 16, 2017 - 07:06 PM

granpubah

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Reliable

The guy has no intention of resigning with me and a GHL team has shown interest.  (btw his contract was 1yr @ 37k) <_<

Posted May 17, 2017 - 08:04 AM

annarorhawk

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Floater

Hope he got you through the playoffs. (That was always the risk).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users