Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: April 2016
Rep - Reliable

Hey guys,
    Anyone know if there are discussions swirling for a new game world? Just with how packed the worlds are right now I feel like an additional world is imminent but I was curious if there is time frame in place right now. I've been checking back in on GPHM every so often as I'm not to keen to come into a current world as one of the last managers, but if there was a new world, everyone starting up around the same time I'd been keen to get obsessed with this game again. 

Ncik

Posted March 19, 2017 - 01:28 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • 12 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Reliable

I had started a discussion related to this: http://forums.gmgame...american-world/

Feel free to add in your opinion! :D

Posted March 20, 2017 - 06:15 AM

GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1261 posts
  • 140 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

There might be a new game world opening up soon. Probably on slow speed. I'm currently working on some performance and bug fixes. But once that's done I will look into opening a new game world.

Posted March 20, 2017 - 07:25 AM

fangwall

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationCanada

Steam Profile

Anders speaking for myself, I'd rather see a fast world.  Playing slow kinda blows chunks.  I'd prefer fast or lightning.

Posted March 20, 2017 - 11:40 AM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Reliable

@Anders, would it be possible to decide the Game World speed based off current users who plan on playing in the World? Also, would this new World be based off the current Promotion/Relegation system, or could we possibly get something similar to what I've posted about in the link I attached a couple posts above?

Posted March 20, 2017 - 03:32 PM

Scorevat53

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Helpful

6 Hours 6 Hours 6 Hours ! :D

Posted March 20, 2017 - 04:20 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Reliable

I'd want a 6H as well. Currently playing Lumber, loving it. Would definitely start my 2nd team on the new Game World if its atleast 6H :D

Posted March 20, 2017 - 04:25 PM

Scorevat53

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Helpful
Id be worried about keeping up with 2 but I wouldnt be to worried. This means id need a 2nd account though which would force me to start in BHL

Posted March 20, 2017 - 05:03 PM

IneffableLeafs

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: July 2016
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCanada
I definitely support the idea of a new game world, but I do see a problem, especially if the world is on fast speed.

From what it seems, the faster the game world, the more buggy it is, and the more likely it is to make Anders fix all the bugs.

I'm assuming everyone wants the proposed new features, the affiliate team system being the one I'm really excited about.

Anders has said himself that the bugs have stopped him from developing new features, and cause him to make updates that simply are major or minor bug fixes.

I support Anders regardless, because this game is awesome. The detailed assistants report, the only major feature in a while, is excellent. But honestly, I think that he wants a slow world because it never crashes. I play on fishbowl, a slow world, and there are virtually no errors. I also had a team on biscuit a while back, and its the same, virtually no bugs. It gives him more time to focus on making awesome new features. The majority of bug reports also come from lumber managers and a while back mitts managers. I don't think lumber is so buggy that it's going to become UAT, but to come to a compromise, I think if anything the new world should be normal speed (12h).

The slower speed is much more welcoming to new managers as well as people with limited time, but it's not so slow that the players used to the fast speed don't go crazy.

Just my opinion.

Posted March 20, 2017 - 06:23 PM

Scorevat53

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Helpful
The most active managers post in this forum i feel, I understand why people would want slower, but if it is slow then i feel a lot of people wont play (myself included) I never feel that if my team is garbage then im not going to want to play because i wont be willing to play with no development, in the end it is Anders choice, but if its to slow I wont join

Posted March 20, 2017 - 06:33 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Yeah, I understand Anders would want to give us a new World, but choose an option that will enable him to not have to worry about bugs all the time.

I also feel the most active Worlds are usually the faster ones. Biscuit seems to be an exception to that though.

I've been contemplating acquiring a 2nd team with my existent 2nd account, but like Scorevat said, I'm not interested in the slower Worlds.

Posted March 20, 2017 - 06:35 PM

Scorevat53

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Helpful

Yeah, I understand Anders would want to give us a new World, but choose an option that will enable him to not have to worry about bugs all the time.

I also feel the most active Worlds are usually the faster ones. Biscuit seems to be an exception to that though.

I've been contemplating acquiring a 2nd team with my existent 2nd account, but like Scorevat said, I'm not interested in the slower Worlds.

Especially if its going to take my team like 3-4 maybe more months in real life time to get even close to being better

Posted March 21, 2017 - 03:56 AM

jusatin

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 307 posts
  • 9 thanks
    GM Since: July 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationFinland

Steam Profile

I personally would prefer a 12 hour world. That way it wouldn't be as slow as the 24h world, but also probably not fast enough to cause serious performance issues.

Posted March 21, 2017 - 10:49 AM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Reliable
Would the fact that faster Worlds seem to have more problems stem from the fact that we go through seasons faster? So we're subjected to more season rollovers, etc. Or is it due to server issues not being able to handle that speed?

If its the former, then having a fast World, but not in sync with Lumber, would allow Anders to notice bugs in one fast World and fix them in the other before they actually happen(which is what he probably does to the slower Worlds already)?

Posted March 21, 2017 - 10:40 PM

IneffableLeafs

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCanada

@jusatin - you summarized my point exactly, I definitely think a 12 hour world is a fair compromise.

@canucks - I think both of the points you stated are true, lumber goes through a season faster than clapper, and clapper goes through a season faster than in biscuit. Recent bug reports state that contracts were lost on game world lumber, if I recall correctly. As a result, all of the game worlds were paused merely because of bug issues (not saying that they were only from lumber). Theoretically, if Anders sees bugs in the faster worlds, he could universally fix the problems.

Also, in another forum post, he said, 

I believe that it's the database that is causing the slow performance from time to time. Besides the website that you guys are using there are simulators reading and writing data to the database quite often. I'm working on reducing the amount of data loaded and saved by the simulators.

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, the faster the game world, the more data it writes to this database, in a shorter span of time.

My guess is that its tough for the database to overwrite the data every 6 hours, versus 12 and 24 hours. That's probably why we can now only see game analysis going 3 days back, because its likely causing performance issues and bugs. It's also probably why Anders has trouble keeping up with the world, and as we all saw a few weeks ago, it forced him to pause all the worlds to figure out what on earth is happening before the worlds could go haywire.

I'm just going to reiterate that as of where the game is at right now, I think a world normal speed or slower would be of the best interest of Anders and the general community of the game.

I don't mean to offend any lumber players, because I only played in lumber one season and after the season made 2 year contracts 1 year long, I said I was done with it; but from what it looks like, you guys want the new league to have a second team at fast speed (which I'm not trying to say is a bad thing, I have a second team too), which is simply not in the best interest of the community.

Posted March 22, 2017 - 03:33 AM

GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1261 posts
  • 140 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Great to see such commitment for a new world. The reason why I said the new world was probably going to be of slow speed is that it's the most popular among new users. And as many of you already said it's also the most stable world. But it's also true that the fast worlds reveals bugs before they affect the slower worlds, that's why the UAT runs on fast speed.

The main reason for adding a new world is to allow new users to discover the game and add more users to a growing community. With that in mind the slow or perhaps normal speed worlds is the best solution I think.

Posted March 22, 2017 - 02:52 PM

Scorevat53

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Helpful

True, but look at Lumber, it literally has 15 spots left...The fast world has FILLED the two lower leagues very fast and I think itd be good to add another one, but Whatever works for you ! :D

Posted March 22, 2017 - 03:56 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Reliable

If not a Fast World, hopefully we can do a Normal World atleast. Or we could start a new type of World at 8H? :D

Posted March 22, 2017 - 06:07 PM

IneffableLeafs

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCanada

The one question is, what would the name for this game world be?

Posted March 22, 2017 - 06:09 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Reliable

True dat :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users