Welcome to GM Games Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

White Sox / Red Sox Trade

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

WhiteSoxGM

WhiteSoxGM

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2013
Good

The Chicago White Sox trade:

RP Seth Blair (AAA)

CF Jose Pena (ML)

The Boston Red Sox trade:

RF Shin-Soo Choo (ML)

RP Michael Schwimer (ML)

The Chicago White Sox approve this deal.

Jose Pena is a guaranteed 30+ HR outfielder, given the at bats, who can play phenomenal defense, but I felt that we could improve our team in other ways, namely acquiring another back-of-the-bullpen arm like Schwimer.  The pitcher we give up, Blair, is very flexible and can start or come on in relief, and we had plans for him in 2017, but in giving up Pena's home runs, we get back Choo's ability to get on base either by contact or by walk.  I've been on the lookout for another back-of-the-bullpen arm all offseason long, so this trade was very desirable for our 2017 push for contention.

Thank you, Brett, for the friendly talks and mutually beneficial deal.

Baseballr77

Baseballr77

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2013
Good

Confirmed.

In acquiring Velazquez earlier in the offseason Choo became expendable and Pena will be an upgrade over Joyce in LF.  We really like what Blair has to offer and should be able to help our staff in multiple ways this season, with that said I really hated to give up Schwimmer but with Blair able to help the rotation as well as the pen at the same time it made it a little easier.

Thanks again Jonathan for the easy talks and good luck this season. 

Boston Redsox GM

Career Record:  396-414 

2012: 82-80 3rd place

2013: 93-69 World Series Champions

2014:  84-78 4th Place

2015:  73-89 4th Place

2016:  64-98 4th Place

"Sooner Born, Sooner Bred, When I Die, I'll Be Sooner Dead"

matteise

matteise

MLB Pro Co-Commissioner

• Moderators